Battlefield Hardline Beta

(prophett) #1

Anyone playing this? It’s free until the 8th of Feb.

(Silvanoshi) #2

That’s a very good question. Is anyone here actually enjoying it? I was a Battlefield fan for a long time, but hardline isn’t doing it for me…it seems like the infantry elements are even slower than before.

(Ca9ine) #3

This is what I hear from my of my clan mates, and other friends playing it. “It’s just not Battlefield”
Seems to me it’s a new IP running on the Frostbite engine using the BF name to gain traction.

(MoonOnAStick) #4

Don’t mind the cops and robbers setup (even if it is ludicrous), but I don’t think I’ll be buying on the strength of this demo.

Heist mode is fun and the demo map is good but with 30 players it devolves into hold-down-the-trigger silliness.
Hotwire mode is daft and pointless.
Conquest has always left me cold.

Guns aren’t much fun and the car/bike physics seem surprisingly poor.

(prophett) #5

I am quite the opposite.

I didn’t have high expectations going in, but it’s surprisingly fun. Heist is a great new game mode and blood money also sounds promising.

Being an infantry player, I like that there aren’t 1000 vehicles - that’s probably where the “it’s just not Battlefield” comments stem from.

BC2 was my favorite BF game and I am enjoying the BFH beta even more than that. Lots of cool new features like taking health and ammo from teammates (rather than waiting for them to drop it for you), ziplines, grapples, lots of funny voiceovers, cutscenes, cool reloading and hand gesture animations, the list goes on.

Definitely preording.

(prophett) #6

Cool reloading easter eggs;

(stealth6) #7

Not going to buy it because I’ve already been burned twice by Battlefield. I found BF3 a step back from BC2 and it took DICE ages to iron out the kinks. BF4 was pretty much the same story, but worse. Not going to get me this time, if I need an FPS fix I’ll play CS:GO.

I don’t think it’s going to be a bad game though and as prophett said loads of the new features look awesome, but most likely the lack of community created content, lack of variety in maps, reoccurring bugs and “Killed in action” are more than enough reasons to keep me away this time.

(prophett) #8

I agree that each iteration since BC2 has gotten worse, but recent fixes to BF4 have made it a lot more playable. BC2 was also my favorite BF game and to be quite honest, Hardline feels more like BC2 than any other iteration.

(prophett) #9

Some cool animations in Hardline. I like the RO933 one. For the reloads, there are reportedly a 1 in 10,000 chance for each of these to happen on an empty reload iirc.

(Nail) #10

who would care ???

(prophett) #11

Little things matter :slight_smile:

(Mustang) #12

Who wouldn’t?

BF = Running Simulator

64, 32, 24, 16 player servers didnt matter. It was 80% running, 20% fighting, more or less (for me, and my experience)

I did not like these:
BF1942
BF2
BFHeroes
BF3
BF4
BFHL

Only BF I actually liked was BF Bad Company 2 in Rush mode, where its similar to Wolf:ET objective mode MAPS (for the “smaller” maps without vehicles)