Thanks [NICKNAME] .lua

(Kynval) #1

Hello…
it is a piece of .lua file what calls PLAYER_NAME of guy who revived me… but its also should call the PLAYER_NAME when someone gives me ammo or healh pack…
doesnt work…

(Zelly) #2

Without the full code, I can’t tell you what exactly is going wrong.

But just for your info the shortcuts can already get the name of last ammo/revive: http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/Silent_Shortcuts

You could just do /vsay thanks “Thank you [r]”

(Kynval) #3

If i put hole code, then everybody can use it :stuck_out_tongue:
and bind is 4 me only, .lua 4 everyone

(ETJump-Zero) #4

[QUOTE=Kynval;520140]If i put hole code, then everybody can use it :stuck_out_tongue:
and bind is 4 me only, .lua 4 everyone[/QUOTE]

Oh no! Everyone can use it!

If you’re incapable if figuring it out yourself I suppose closed source isn’t the way to go. It’s pretty annoying to try and figure out stuff from code that has things missing.
Not that I tried or would try but just saying.

(Zelly) #5

Yes kynval, if your going with closed source we can’t help you, there are too many unknown variables.
I used to think the same thing, I didn’t want anyone seeing my project simply because of the time I have put into it, now I have it open and its helped quite a lot.

In the end it is up to you.

(Kynval) #6

no errors in server log

Lua API: Lua module [ts4.lua] [814C9B3016F6EB5CC8A5BE7C72D0ACC0DC4B1585] unloaded.

(TimOOn) #7

And what exactly does not work?

(Kynval) #8

nope…
/connect 80.72.37.12:27960

(Zelly) #9

Everything seemed to work on my testing, other than your custom sounds you had, since I don’t have them.
ammo/health

• I needed this flag in g_logOptions though:
    1024 This flag allows logging every player drop. It can be usefull for inspecting the server operation, but it will also cause lot of needless log writes.

messing with flag 32 didnt seem to help any as well.

(Kynval) #10

g_logOptions changed to 32735 and works… thx!

(Kynval) #11

is there any option to add PLAYER_NAME when someone health me by needle?

there is no pers. like this
http://mygamingtalk.com/wiki/Silent_Lua

(Zelly) #12

Possibly could do it through et_ClientSpawn I can’t recall if it gets called through there. I know there is revived, and restoreHealth.
Or maybe its lumped together with lasthealth_client or lastrevive_client.
Would have to test it.

(Kynval) #13

true is… i dont know how lua works…
so… I know that lasthealth_client and lastrevive_client are in my script and doesn’t work

(Dragonji) #14

Very helpful information.

(Kynval) #15

no problem ^^