on-line trolled anyone ?

(edxot) #1

anyone else had problems related to this game ? things like:

• receiving “denial of service” attacks when playing. something that will show up clearly in the lagometer. huge triangles from bottom to top of meter display.

• having mouse1 key inactive during some decisive phase of one or several matches ?

• having the game aparently crashed during some decisive phase of one or several matches ? (the attack i saw of this type could be avoided with the windows key, lool).

• getting some malware (of any source or type) that would damage your hardware ?

• getting some malware (of any source or type) that would make your mouse behave diferently ? like increasing some axis (something like 1% or less) when you move it in the other one ? i mean, you move “left” and “right” and mouse starts to get some “up” movement too.

(light_sh4v0r) #2

lol, no…

(edxot) #3

and now it’s the end.

after all the damaged hardware in the previous computer, i left the game for about 16 months. last week i managed to assemble a computer which is a joke, but would run the game anyway. so, the trolling started again.

• it started with disconnects from server (usually in the end of map). after reconnect my xp would be gone. happened both in europe or american servers.
  • yesterday, a campaign totally ruined. 2 disconnects (meaning 0 xp) in the start of each map. and in the last map i was almost unable to move, sometimes with ping higher than 500, and with other strange stuff happening too. however it is funny that my team won those 3 maps.
  • today, it was much faster. 5 minutes after starting to play, i got a reset with a blue screen. then 5 minutes later a crash, with pc not responding to any key stroke. after that, pc would not restart, and i believe multiple components have been damaged / infected. only thing i manage to understand was the overclocking of the cpu. but i believe there are other problems.

there is no way i can be sure that this was the work of someone. it could have been just a random failure (but the odds seem to be against it, because of what seems to be a multiple failure). there is however another possibility, it could have happened because when you get infected/hacked from multiples sources, the outcome is always unpredictable. what happened to me, probably happened to more people. if not in the past, i believe it will happen in the future.

meanwhile (during the recent games), i found out that the lulu and villa server offered me a never seen playing experience for quite some years now. you can check it here:
http://www.villa.foilfest.de/index.php
in the quake wars section, there is a thread called “Bugs_bunny trolling ingame”. in there you can see 2 demos from the same game. one from me, and other from numb. to understand what i am saying, you just have to watch mine before watching numb’s.

(edxot) #4

you all can choose to be quiet about this. maybe to prevent you from other problems. but are we supposed to let these hackers get away with it ? as if admins were not enough problem, now we have to live with these lames too ?

it’s gonna be the end of online gaming. and all those who have information about this, should expose the situations they know about. otherwise they are guilty as well.

if not for another reason, because they will be victims in the future too.

(edxot) #5

well, it looks like i own a big apologize to everybody. this must have been the most retarded moment ever. and in etqw this means a lot.
the computer is fixed and i can play again.

(taw_m0nsta) #6

lol :smiley: any conclusions then?

(edxot) #7

the conclusion that it’s very easy to jump to conclusions.

also that i didn’t knew the hardware very well. this motherboard i am using has an audio playback feature in bios that i didn’t knew about. so, when the system has halted, but headphones were working, it was like a “wtf is this ?” moment for me.

also that i did well, when buying components for this computer. motherboard makes all the difference, between a system that will be useless in near future, or another that will last much longer.

(Kl3ppy) #8

He was never the brightest star in the sky, just a red one :tongue:

(edxot) #9

JinxterX is saying i am a noob for apologizing like i did.

so, i better let other people know how etqw is for me nowadays. in villa is like being under the control of someone else. someone who can switch the lag i talked about (on/off) and uses that to his advantage.

yesterday it was very obvious. because it kept changing (2 or 3 times) according to the other guy needs. most of the time it was the usual thing, people kill me like if i was blind or something (legend killed me 3 times in a row, without me doing any damage to him, not even one hit). some other times the lag thing would go away, and i could kill people. even good players like numb, legend or pliscin (i bet they must think that i have some sort of aimbot that i can switch on off, looool). btw, this lag, does not show in lagometer.

at some point we played pacific campaign, and i got that, together will “real lag” ?
i mean, it felt like walking on ice. i would turn mouse 90 degrees and i would get a lag spike of 2 seconds. just unbelievable. spent the whole map bumping into things. and inside it was almost impossible to cross a doorway at first attempt.

(Rex) #10

[QUOTE=edxot;539143]JinxterX is saying i am a noob for apologizing like i did.

so, i better let other people know how etqw is for me nowadays. in villa is like being under the control of someone else. someone who can switch the lag i talked about (on/off) and uses that to his advantage.

yesterday it was very obvious. because it kept changing (2 or 3 times) according to the other guy needs. most of the time it was the usual thing, people kill me like if i was blind or something (legend killed me 3 times in a row, without me doing any damage to him, not even one hit). some other times the lag thing would go away, and i could kill people. even good players like numb, legend or pliscin (i bet they must think that i have some sort of aimbot that i can switch on off, looool). btw, this lag, does not show in lagometer.

at some point we played pacific campaign, and i got that, together will “real lag” ?
i mean, it felt like walking on ice. i would turn mouse 90 degrees and i would get a lag spike of 2 seconds. just unbelievable. spent the whole map bumping into things. and inside it was almost impossible to cross a doorway at first attempt.[/QUOTE]