When will DB be back online again?

(.FROST.) #1

Sorry if there’s already a big fat thread about that, but I just couldn’t find it :o

(Kl3ppy) #2

There is no date announced yet.

(Floris) #3

The million dollar question… Considering SD doesn’t frequently take the game down for long periods for updates, the upcoming patch might be a big one. Or perhaps that’s just what they want us to believe :stuck_out_tongue:

(Glottis-3D) #4

not until the maps are considerably improved, i hope

(.FROST.) #5

Lol, I don’t think SD has any interest in playing mindgames with the beta-testers. Though I do think that their entire focus is set on getting this game out as quickly and polished as possible.

PS: I’ve never encountered so many massive bugs in this game, like in this build; especially in the controls department(movement, weapon switching, etc.,). But gameplay wise and with this whole loadout-card thing going on I really like DB more than ever; even though it feels even more like a wide open construction site now, than it did a year ago. Which definitely explains it enough to me, why they’d have to take this game offline; yet I’d still like to know at least a vague time frame for the whole overhaul; will it take days, or even weeks and when the heck is TEMPO? :wink:

(chippy) #6

Don’t get spookify going plzzz.

(Silvanoshi) #7

We’ve got a list of criteria for the next build that we need to tick off the list before bringing it live. We’ve got our own internal estimates for when that should be, but when dealing with bug crushing and the like, it can be difficult to nail things down too far off into the future. Right now we’re focusing on crushing bugs and getting the next build closer to a shippable state. Once we’re closer to that point, we’ll be better able to give you a timeline.

In general however, we’re talking weeks rather than days. We’ve got a fair bit of work to do.

As for mind games. Nope we have no desire to play them whatsoever. I’ve mentioned before that Dirty Bomb is being developed in quite an iterative manner - evolutionary rather than revolutionary, so “the one patch to dominate them all” is not something you’re likely to see. We’ll continue to introduce new features and content in phases, to allow you guys to get feedback to us as early as possible; rather than building and polishing the entire feature before you guys ever get a chance to give it a go. Working this way allows us to respond to your feedback sooner, and while it may mean it takes a bit longer to develop everything, we do believe that it’ll ultimately make for a feature/content that more people enjoy.

(sunshinefats) #8

panzer…I know it’s there, I’ve seen it, I’ve used it, I WANT IT. (and make sure it doesn’t suck)
yeah, yeah, crushing bugs and whatever. PAAAAAANNNNZZZZZZEEEEERRRRR.
ok, I’m done.
thanks for the update :wink:

(INF3RN0) #9

Panzer shouldn’t be like ET at all. I’d like to see the damage/aoe be dependent on proximity by default, and then allow for that ET style power for direct hits. Really I think this is the best way to deal with explosive weapon types including the grenade launcher. Since you’ll be able to partially guide your rocket at the cost of slower projectile speed (I think this was what was mentioned), this only makes sense. All we need is for these weapons to not be totally useless in the hands of a newbie, but have the potential to double in impact with skilled play. Otherwise we’d have stuff like a low-recoil high damage semi-auto sniper that insta-gibbed with one hs, and that would be god awful.

(sunshinefats) #10

That sounds pretty reasonable. I was more poking at them about it only having 1 round when I used it before hehe :wink:

(prophett) #11

I hope there is a “cancel” option for the panzer. Nothing like faking a shot and having the other guy /kill on you lol…

(xdc) #12

all these explosive abilities, I hope atleast one merc will have an anti-explosive ability aka armor

(sunshinefats) #13

Well I believe one class has a wall or something they can deploy so there’s that, and there are cards that make you take less damage from explosives, so there’s that as well. I wouldn’t mind maybe seeing a card that had more than a 30% reduction to explosives damage though. To me, having flat out armor could get really cheap really fast by making ppl too hard to kill with regular guns.

(Hipolipolopigus) #14

I think some sort of APS would be a bit more interesting in terms of character design than just plain armor. Something like;

[ul]
[li]Effect: Automatically destroys an explosive within a 10m radius
[/li][li]Charges: 3
[/li][li]Cooldown per charge: 20s
[/li][/ul]

(AssortedStuff) #15

Although technically offline there seems to be still a few playing Dirty Bomb.

(Nail) #16

likely dev team

(Glottis-3D) #17

its their work…
…or,they do loki the game!!!

…prbbly work =))

I think the alpha testers may have access to it. But Im not sure. Its not something they can reveal even, I dont know.

(BioSnark) #19

[QUOTE=Hipolipolopigus;519899]I think some sort of APS would be a bit more interesting in terms of character design than just plain armor. Something like;

[ul]
[li]Effect: Automatically destroys an explosive within a 10m radius[/li][li]Charges: 3[/li][li]Cooldown per charge: 20s[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]

Surely we can agree point-defense lasers are at least 75% more sexy. I do prefer a previously floated idea of accelerating away explosive projectiles via magnets (or magic) over removing explosives in an area.

(Nail) #20

that’s not us

more likely SD and/or Nexon