how/what loads the next map?

(Loffy) #1

hi! Do you guys know of any nice tutorials about how to end map, then load the next map/section?
:stroggbanana:
I can use the editor to create simple corridors and stuff, and I can also create the bot files + other script. Now I want to learn how to link several maps/stages together, you know, like “The Desert Mission 1” which leads to “The Desert Mission 2” and so on (just an example). many thanks in advance.

(William Faure) #2

[QUOTE=Loffy;519711]hi! Do you guys know of any nice tutorials about how to end map, then load the next map/section?
:stroggbanana:
I can use the editor to create simple corridors and stuff, and I can also create the bot files + other script. Now I want to learn how to link several maps/stages together, you know, like “The Desert Mission 1” which leads to “The Desert Mission 2” and so on (just an example). many thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I hope THIS LINK, or this one, will help.

(ronboy) #3

It’s nice to see new mappers for single player appearing every now and then. :slight_smile:
Good luck with mapping, Loffy.

(Loffy) #4

hi and thx for the support guys. I managed to connect two separate maps/stages, see attached file.
Put the pk3 in Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main, start RtCW, bring down the console, type /spmap loffysboxmap01, then press RETURN.
It’s just two very silly and small maps/rooms that are connected thus, simply as a practice for me.

All files are included, including the .map files, for anyone to use:
[U]http://www.loffysdomain.com/files/rtcw/sp/misc/2015/loffysboxmap01.pk3[/U]

(William Faure) #5

[QUOTE=Loffy;519734]hi and thx for the support guys. I managed to connect two separate maps/stages, see attached file.
Put the pk3 in Return to Castle Wolfenstein\Main, start RtCW, bring down the console, type /spmap loffysboxmap01, then press RETURN.
It’s just two very silly and small maps/rooms that are connected thus, simply as a practice for me.

All files are included, including the .map files, for anyone to use:
[U]http://www.loffysdomain.com/files/rtcw/sp/misc/2015/loffysboxmap01.pk3[/U][/QUOTE]

Nice to see you made it.
I’m going to test your map. As I can read in the script, a super-soldier is waiting for the player… ^^
All I can say, seeing you managed to do that, is that you’ve got interesting skills on WolfSP.
Thanks for supporting this game by making maps.
Did you think about doing an whole add-on for Return to Castle Wolfenstein?
Good-luck with your works.

(vicpas) #6

In several site is written “changelevel mapname persistant”, but the correct word is persistent

(William Faure) #7

True - however I didn’t try with persistant, maybe it works as for persistent… Don’t know.

(melc_av) #8

God luck Loffy

(kat) #9

[QUOTE=vicpas;519739]In several site is written “changelevel mapname persistant”, but the correct word is persistent[/QUOTE]Thanks for spotting that… even spellcheck missed it! lol

(ronboy) #10

I finally had the time to play this map/map pack. It was nice, for a test map. I’m sure you can make much more interesting levels though. :wink:
I let the zombie fight the supersoldier, and the zombie actually killed it. :eek:
Needless to say, it was very easy, since I only had to kill the zombie and a paratrooper soldier. Let us know if you need any assistance with SP mapping.