Repair drone for engineer class

(.FROST.) #1

I don’t know if this already came up, but I’d have an idea for an engineer ability. A repair drone. Remote controlled and/or with some kind of lock-on mechanic; airborne, or grounded. That drone could lock on to its target objective, if the engineer is inside a certain maximum range of the repair-objective, and fly, or roll torwards it. Or maybe the drone could be remote controlled; even though I would prefer the fire and forget version.

I don’t want to get too much into the specifics, like how much, or little health this thing should have, its cool-down time, etc., but it’d be cool, if you could also use it as a bomb in some way; some kind of secondary mode, but more as a gimmick and not too effective. For the maps that don’t have an EV the drone could help in other tasks, like “capturing” the switch in Trainyard, etc., you get the idea.

(Glottis-3D) #2

[QUOTE=.FROST.;519535]I don’t know if this already came up, but I’d have an idea for an engineer ability. A repair drone. Remote controlled and/or with some kind of lock-on mechanic; airborne, or grounded. That drone could lock on to its target objective, if the engineer is inside a certain maximum range of the repair-objective, and fly, or roll torwards it. Or maybe the drone could be remote controlled; even though I would prefer the fire and forget version.

I don’t want to get too much into the specifics, like how much, or little health this thing should have, its cool-down time, etc., but it’d be cool, if you could also use it as a bomb in some way; some kind of secondary mode, but more as a gimmick and not too effective. For the maps that don’t have an EV the drone could help in other tasks, like “capturing” the switch in Trainyard, etc., you get the idea.[/QUOTE]
yeah, was suggested and discussed several times. Anti said, that they like drones, but it is not priority now.
I personally would like drones to be non-engie ability. so that medics would never waste immense amount of time on repairing EV.
they would just approach the EV/C4 and press the drone-ability on it. And go back to their usual stuff.
Even more: with addition of expire time and balanced cooldown. these drones can bring back the class-objects. (1 drone cannot repair full EV - only several drones or an Engineer)
Even even more: multi repair/defuse can make its way back, which is good.

(.FROST.) #3

Ah, ok, I see. There could also be an entire set of mercs, that is more, or less centered around drones; heal drone, repair drone, supply drone, spy drone, detonating drone.

Btw., are there any plans to release the mercs in 5 “men” packages AND with related abilities and a themed look? Cause atm I don’t really see that.

(tokamak) #4

I guess it would make the most sense to release a wave of mercs from various classes that use drones in one way or another.

Some mobas go with releasing the characters one at the time but then you get situations where players all jump straight on the new guy.