crashing on connection to server

(shaftz0r) #1

havent seen any other posts about this, though i havent scoured the steam forums. Have been too busy for frags the past 6-8 months, came back to see that its on steam (yay) but now im crashing as im entering any server.

i can see the map for one frame and it crashes out. not sure where the crash log is

(Ca9ine) #2

I had a similar case, but I was able to play for about 2 mins before the crash.
Try verifying Dirty Bomb’s cache on Steam -you’ll most likely find some files not validating and Steam will redownload them and solve the problem.

(shaftz0r) #3

thats the first thing i did. still no go.

shocked there hasnt been any reply on this. i cant imagine im the only one with this issue

(Szakalot) #4

I’ve had multiple crashes on map load, within the first 1-2min of the game, in the previous build.

No crashes yet on steam, though im sure its only a matter of time : )

(Violator) #5

Just had a CTD after a round on Chapel and before loading up the lobby:

(shaftz0r) #6

im still crashing right to desktop on every try. no crash warning or anything at all

(Njsfirth) #7

Does it happen with any other game?

(shaftz0r) #8

not even slightly. the biggest resource hog i have is titanfall, i run that 75 fps steady at all times

(Silvanoshi) #9

What are your system hardware details? Don’t forget to include your operating system.

Also, did you have this issue with the tutorial maps?

(shaftz0r) #10

an older core 2 e6600 4 gig of ram with an nvidia 760. running win7. ill try the tutorial maps and update this accordingly

(Silvanoshi) #11

Great stuff, thanks. Although you’ll have to wait until the beta comes back online before you can try that out again.

(shaftz0r) #12

bumping this instead of making another thread. reinstalled today. launched fine, menu was smooth. went into matchmaking, as soon as the loaded, i crashed 3 times in a row

(Killgar) #13

When I get to “Deploying in [00:00]” the game freezes. Tutorial works fine.

Phenom II X4 955
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
GTX 660 Ti 3GB (forceware 344.65) updated to 347.52 no change
Win 7

(shaftz0r) #14

i actually figured out my issue. I didnt realize that after a fresh steam install, it still references the cfg from previous installs. went back to default cfg with a few tweaks, and i can play now, though the game runs even worse since moving to steam. i chop constantly, completely unplayable

(Killgar) #15

after driver update I at least get an in-game frame drawn where it seems I’m halfway in the ground/terrain…after some time the game disconnects me (not sure if it’s an auto timeout)

(Killgar) #16

deleted everything on my pc for DB and unreal engine then re-installed, still have the problem

(Killgar) #17

launch log part 1.zip (12.5 KB)launch log part 2.zip (6.13 KB)

(Killgar) #18

This build doesn’t work either.

AMD FX-8350
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
GTX 970 (forceware 347.88)
Win 7

(prophett) #19

Also having this issue. Maps starts to load and then I crash to desktop. I 've seen plenty of reports - is there an actual solution for this?

Tried restarting steam/computer, verifying game files, default config, etc…

(Killgar) #20

it’s been almost 2 months and no fix