Installing Dirty Bomb Via Steam

(Silvanoshi) #1

For those of you unfamiliar with key redemption on Steam, here’s a quick and easy walkthrough for that very process!

[ul]
[li]Install Steam
[/li][li]Launch Steam
[/li][li]Activate Dirty bomb using the product you received via email (check your spam folder if you didn’t receive a mail).
[/li][/ul]

And you’re done! After a (hopefully quick) download, it’ll be time to gear up and get in-game.
Enjoy!

(SinDonor) #2

Yay. FINALLY I have some time to check this out. Stupid job and responsibilities.

(kotenks) #3

Question:my original beta key is not working for steam does that mean i have to wait for another beta key to play the game in steam?

(NoCanDo) #4

Does this mean I dont have to use nexon launcher anymore?

(Nail) #5

"Does this mean I dont have to use nexon launcher anymore? "

yes

(Silvanoshi) #6

If you had redeemed a Nexon Closed Beta key when Dirty Bomb was on a the Nexon launcher, you should have received a Steam key via mail. It would have been sent to you around the 6th of January. Don’t forget to check your spam box too.

It does indeed.

(William_Gates) #7

First:

Second:

Third:

Forth:

Lastly

(light_sh4v0r) #8

With drop shadows for extra awesome :tongue:

(Silvanoshi) #9

Thanks for the even clearer illustrations William :D.

(.FROST.) #10

I’ve already said this; it was the best possible move from you guys, to go to Steam. It’s just where I, and most certainly everybody else, has the majority of their PC-games on. Idk how much Nexon is still involved in this whole thing, but it doesn’t matter to me, as long as DB is conveniently listed on my Steam-library.

And another very important thing for me was(except for being too lazy for managing two gaming hubs), that I now have the feeling, that DB could actually get big. I know this sounds kinda douchy, but with the whole Nexon exclusivity I felt like DB would get even more niche, than it already was by nature, due to its gameplay and the whole aesthetical style and setting.

With other words; if you wanna dig yourself into a game and really learn all its ins and outs and all those delicate little intricacies, you would wanna be sure, that this game stays relevant for a reasonable amount of time. It doesn’t really make sense to invest time and effort into a dying, or a super-niche game, even if you love it. At least I wouldn’t be idealistic enough to do so. MP games have to have a solid playerbase and I think Steam is the best platform to provide exactly that. I mean it really brought me back and now I’m counting the days until DB gets back online again.

But seriously, please make it happen fast, I want to play a fps game, but there are no alternatives out there for which I’d care.

Love and Peace

-Frost-

(monome) #11

Is there any way to have your key resent? I normally clean my junk folder so I may have deleted it, and I’ve been playing since last year.

(obsidian) #12

Same here… I don’t think I received my Steam key and I checked my junk folder as well. I can provide email.

(Nail) #13

if you already played on steam client, you in, just log in , update and frag

(Hansonx91) #14

Got my key and installed on Steam. But i’m getting an issue with sign in and authentication error and can not get past this screen no matter what I do. Any help would be amazing. Look forward to being able to play it

(Silvanoshi) #15

Are you using bitdefender or Kaspersky anti-virus by any chance?

(simonsspams) #16

I’m having the same thing. Using Microsoft Security Essentials. My steam account and DB Beta account use different email addresses tho.

(Mustang) #17

Email addresses shouldn’t be an issue, if you received a key via email it can be redeemed by a Steam account with a different email address. However the game is offline at the moment, so you won’t be able to access it right now.

(CrysisHEX) #18

I am using BitDefender Total Security, And am getting the some sign in authentication error. What do I do to make it stop?

(Silvanoshi) #19

Hi CrysisHex,

Right now the game is offline. You’ll continue to get that auth error until we bring Dirty Bomb back online tonight at 5pm GMT. However, BitDefender is known to be a tad overzealous in the way that it handles certification, so you may still have issues after 5pm. If that happens, please try the following process to try and resolve the issue: http://www.bitdefender.co.uk/support/what-to-do-when-security-certificates-cannot-be-verified-installed-1090.html

(obsidian) #20

I haven’t. I got the invite to the Nexon beta (installed and played it), but never got an email with the Steam key.