New server settings up. Matchmaking down

(Silvanoshi) #1

Hey guys, we’ve received awesome feedback from plenty of testers since moving to Steam, and we’re already working to incorporate elements into the next update. In the meantime, we’ve had quite a few people asking about the possibility of having smaller Objective mode servers, so we’ve popped some 6v6 as well as 7v7 OBJ servers online, let us know what you think!

As mentioned when the Steam CB started, Matchmaking is something that we may bring online and offline as needed. We’ve taken matchmaking (and the accompanying party system) offline for the time being. Use the server browser to jump into 6v6 and 7v7 Objective matches to your heart’s content, or maybe some 6v6 Stopwatch if you’re looking for something a little more competitive!

(FireWorks) #2

Just dont touch my 8v8 action servers! I enjoy the messy chaos :slight_smile:

(Silvanoshi) #3

Ahah, so you’re one of the madmen; excellent!

(Glottis-3D) #4

5v5 SW servers with 4 spec slots and penalty for leaving midmatch?

(Pytox) #5

more servers with FF enabled? :penguin:

(Glottis-3D) #6

make plz less OBJ servers. the mod needs to be redone. currently it is hate-inspiring.

(Killgar) #7

16 player servers offline or is this a bug?

(amazinglarry) #8

I saw them in my serverlist earlier.

(Killgar) #9

a few came back up

(Silvanoshi) #10

Yeah, there should still be some 16 player servers available :).

(spookify) #11

Whens a server Que coming?

(Paul) #12

I’ve played a few rounds on those smaller servers. My personal opinion: I miss the chaos/available targets in game. While 5v5 is perfect with full communication (competitive) - it’s lack of chaos just doens’t do it for me.

7v7 is just doable, but I still prefer 8v8 and would like to see 9-10 vs 9-10.

(Silvanoshi) #13

It’s going to be a little while before that arrives. At least you get to keep that firing finger warm with constant join attempts…ehh? :stuck_out_tongue:

(spookify) #14

Very true. The refresh button has a hole in it. haha!

[QUOTE=Paul;518924]I’ve played a few rounds on those smaller servers. My personal opinion: I miss the chaos/available targets in game. While 5v5 is perfect with full communication (competitive) - it’s lack of chaos just doens’t do it for me.

7v7 is just doable, but I still prefer 8v8 and would like to see 9-10 vs 9-10.[/QUOTE]

As to Pauls point I also like the chaos to a degree but as I have said before the OBJ game mode is not a fit for this. It is a TDM plan and simple. You have those 8v8 in a server and you are trying to do objective it is almost pointless. Soooo then I ask this question if the objective becomes pointless in “obj” mode what do you do? Do you get made if you loss? Do you get mad at no progression on the map? Do you get mad at your teammates for not playing objective? I find it frustrating especially being one sided and then you add double the spam on top of it.

Wish SD would have come up with a custom game mode for larger servers. Or as I also stated in the past different layout of the maps for this. Yes all this takes more work and a lot of space especially in updates but who cares make the game right…

SW is SW and right now with 25 second spawns SD feels like they have got it right. However the spawns are the same which is stupid because a 2 year old can figure out what time the other team spawns and get a nice spawn kill in. Like prophett said its time to cut your losses and suck it up on a lot of issues and finally say ET did it right and sometimes newer is not better.

(Volcano) #15

throw a couple more AU servers up while you’re at it