Is it possible to exchange old beta keys for steam keys ?

(ragnak) #1

It might be a strange question but after checking db at steam it isnt bad at all so i wanted to give my old beta keys to friends as i think that db is worth checking this time around (didnt think so back in the day).

So is it somehow possible to exchange those old unused keys ?

(Protekt1) #2

I am a little curious as well because I am pretty sure some of the keys I gave out were never used.

(Paul) #3

Not possible. With EZ we still had keys to give away but we need to get new ones as the old ones no longer worked. This was confirmed by nexon.

(Smooth) #4

If the keys weren’t redeemed before the switch to Steam then sadly they aren’t valid any longer.

We won’t be having an exchange program since it would be quite a bit of work to implement and we want players who are willing to actually help test the game right now, rather than people who just want an early preview.

Those players who are willing to test, are the ones who are likely to have already redeemed their keys :slight_smile:

EDIT: Early, not free :stuck_out_tongue:

(BMXer) #5

a free preview of a free game… lol

(Silvanoshi) #6

It’s not a preview…it’s a proper Closed Beta test ;).

(Protekt1) #7

Another question, I never entered my key I got from the email about the current testing phase since I already had the game on my list from the founder’s testing phase. Can I safely give the new key away?

Also, just for clarification - does the current testing phase end on the 20th? And what does that mean for us?

(Silvanoshi) #8

[QUOTE=Protekt1;518515]Another question, I never entered my key I got from the email about the current testing phase since I already had the game on my list from the founder’s testing phase. Can I safely give the new key away?

Also, just for clarification - does the current testing phase end on the 20th? And what does that mean for us?[/QUOTE]

You can give the key to a friend, yes.

As far as the 20th. You’ll still be able to play after that date, the way that Mercs are unlocked will simply be changed (all active Mercs are entirely unlocked at the moment).

(DJswirlyAlien) #9

When will you next be releasing keys then?

(Silvanoshi) #10

That’s the golden question. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for more on that soon!

(FireWorks) #11

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!! He said “soon”!!! SOON!

That means… everything from now til the end of time. :smiley:

(Silvanoshi) #12

[QUOTE=FireWorks;518607]Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!! He said “soon”!!! SOON!

That means… everything from now til the end of time. :D[/QUOTE]

This man(woman?) knows what’s up!

(FireWorks) #13

You really are the best CM I met yet. And I doubt it will change in the future.

I just came from another forum where the “coming soon” marketing got discussed a few days ago. They took out the ad that was there for over half a year and their CM even managed to bring up the soon twice in 20words.
Glad Steam does something against the fouled marketing policy now for early access titles.

Under that impression, the last time I asked was about the NDA change coming “in the next days” and got a soon as answer. It were hours <3

(I know you are lucky now that things are unfolding fast, but it’s the humour you bring, that makes you such a special, great and infinitly valuable worker for this project!)

PS: Man

(xdc) #14

[QUOTE=Smooth;518481]If the keys weren’t redeemed before the switch to Steam then sadly they aren’t valid any longer.

We won’t be having an exchange program since it would be quite a bit of work to implement and we want players who are willing to actually help test the game right now, rather than people who just want an early preview.

Those players who are willing to test, are the ones who are likely to have already redeemed their keys :slight_smile:

EDIT: Early, not free :p[/QUOTE]

edit never mind, email

(rapid_shot) #15

Any news on this? I’ve got a handful of good friends in my clan that are itching to get in.

(xdc) #16

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=333930

Attention Dirty Bomb players:
It’s been a couple of glorious weeks of shooting, ‘splosions and witty quips, but all good things must come to a (temporary) end. We’ve had a ton of great feedback from you all, and will wrap up this phase of the Closed Beta on January 20th at 6PM PST. Dirty Bomb will then be taken offline for more features, updates, and fundamental improvements based on your experiences.

Good news for the patient types - EVERYONE who signed up for the Closed Beta at www.dirtybombgame.com before January 15th at 11:59PM PST (and all current Beta players) will get an Early-Access Period Beta key prior to the next phase of the Dirty Bomb Closed Beta on Steam.

You’re an awesome bunch and we can’t wait to spend more time on the wrong end of your harsh, cruel gun barrels.

-The Dirty Bomb Team

(rapid_shot) #17

[QUESTION REDACTED]

Danke Herr

(Glottis-3D) #18

hello guys. does anyone have a spare key here?

or/and will there be a key give-away wave soon?

(Nail) #19

Miss Murder said new keys will be going out

(fubar) #20

[QUOTE=Smooth;518481]If the keys weren’t redeemed before the switch to Steam then sadly they aren’t valid any longer.

EDIT: Early, not free :p[/QUOTE]

I have the alpha founder’s package but never received a key via email, and if I did (I have 10 or 15 keys somewhere in my spam folders from all your previous attempts of getting a bigger playerbase), it doesn’t work any longer. Neither do the ones I have listed on here: https://secure.warchest.com/dirtybomb/purchases/products

Does that mean I’m cut from the steam beta entirely? :smiley:

Edit: Got a working one now. Shoutout meat <3