tacticcal selfkill = -100XP???

(ASD) #1

realy?

10 more caracters

(Mustang) #2

Yea not a fan of this one, infact are there any circumstances that should require XP to be removed?

(Seanza) #3

Team damage & kills.

(Kl3ppy) #4

Is the -x XP based on how many HP you have? I killed myself with full health and got -100XP and later I had less XP (don’t remember the amount anymore :frowning: ) but I only got -2 XP.

(Smooth) #5

Working as intended. :slight_smile:

XP is generally a ‘new player’ guide towards what is good/bad to do. We want to encourage positive behaviour and discourage negative behaviour.

At higher levels of clan-play, self-kill can be used effectively (that’s why we still allow it) but generally we don’t want players suiciding when they could potentially help out team-mates on the front line for a little longer.

If you care enough to tactically self-kill to help your team to win, you shouldn’t be worrying all that much about a little XP loss.

(Paul) #6

Need competitive mode where this is disabled!

(Seanza) #7

This x1000!!!

(Violator) #8

Punishing and discouraging /kill is just promoting the lemming-rush style of play we have now, which I’m not sure many players are a fan of, comp or pub :(. The only case against it is infight, but the last shooter gets the xp anyway so I feel that that is deterrent enough in that situation.

(FireWorks) #9

If you are such a great player, you dont have to whine about 100XP on an occasional tactical spawn.

If you selfkill a lot to deny enemies a kill (for whatever reason… maybe trolling, annoying them) you have a small incentive to stop it now :slight_smile:

Theres no impact of XP on gameplay so why whine about it?

Good move, I like it.

(spookify) #10

Who cares about XP in Comp mode?

Unless Ranked has this and the ranking is XP based or something.

(amazinglarry) #11

[QUOTE=FireWorks;518490]If you are such a great player, you dont have to whine about 100XP on an occasional tactical spawn.

If you selfkill a lot to deny enemies a kill (for whatever reason… maybe trolling, annoying them) you have a small incentive to stop it now :slight_smile:

Good move, I like it.[/QUOTE]

I’m with you there. I can definitely appreciate a tactful /kill if it’s to catch the next spawn wave, or you need to swap out a character… but the amount taken away is negligible, considering rounds end with everyone at ~3k. Needing to do it a few times a match shouldn’t make a big difference to one’s overall ‘XP Score’.

(Violator) #12

I’m not really concerned about the XP loss per se, but maybe a full team /kill could skip the XP loss? At any rate XP should not matter in comp. Currently I’m using it to avoid the random weapon switching bug :).

(ASD) #13

I realy dont care about the XP but just wondering!

if you realy start giving negative XP … maybe we can then start to play with FF?
and damaging your team gives you negative XP … and if you are medic and to tk revive you get back the XP

additional… mates laying on the flor waiting for medic and then 1 second before you reviving them tap out… should also get negative XP especialy if you jump into fire to revive them and then they tap out!

(amazinglarry) #14

Hahah - for the most part I agree. There’s few things more frustrating as a medic than someone tapping as you’re an instant away from reviving. However, there are definitely times I NEED to tap out - whether it’s to change class, or to actually get some freakin ammo for a change :wink: I hate forgetting to tap when I’m out of ammo with and being revived. At best, I’m a meatshield I guess.

(ASD) #15

sure there is sometimes a tapout need but then du it ididiatly and not wait 5 minutes for a medic

(Destroy666) #16

This is just bad, very bad.

If there should be any punishment for selfkills, it should be based on the remaining spawntime.