remove strogg? or make them look like GDF

(syborfical) #1

Just wondering if there is away to remove strogg or at least make them look like GDF?

I know there where was a mod to do this for 1.2

but I can’t seem to get anything to work for 1.5

any help or pointers would be great.

(power.nub) #2

why do you want to do that :o

(Chronicler) #3

The best way to make strogg look like gdf is go infiltrator and take a gdf disguise :open_mouth:

(Susefreak) #4

Create an additional PK4 in which you can replace the Strogg models with the GDF models. Should be doable with simple scripting

(Nail) #5

have a couple stars

(syborfical) #6

Simple because the strogg suck.

Id want to mod the game and would like both teams being human.

I have changed and added new weapons for both teams. Although the strogg ones still look strogg.

I have y been going through the SDK it looks like its possible to remove both teams / name them something else.

I can import new models but when it comes to .anmin files I can only find .anminb which sort of stops me in my tracks. Unless I could unbinary .anminb because I really can not be bothered re anminating every action for each weapon.

(edxot) #7

in W:ET both teams are human. beginers in the game always find it dificult to tell friends from foes.

(BackSnip3) #8

[QUOTE=syborfical;519099]Simple because the strogg suck.

Id want to mod the game and would like both teams being human.

I have changed and added new weapons for both teams. Although the strogg ones still look strogg.

I have y been going through the SDK it looks like its possible to remove both teams / name them something else.

I can import new models but when it comes to .anmin files I can only find .anminb which sort of stops me in my tracks. Unless I could unbinary .anminb because I really can not be bothered re anminating every action for each weapon.[/QUOTE]

You don’t need to extract these animation files. Just add the entries from GDF file in Strogg file which should be in /def/players/roles_strogg.def or something ( I don’t have ETQW right now).
There are several interesting files in this folder, you can change the default equipment from a player class, add new weapons to chose from the list. Nothing is stopping you right now.
The next problem is more of some scripts such as “switch to PDA when I plant bomb” which won’t work if you possess opposite team weapon.
You have to fix that afterwards. Last thing is the Skins file to modify, because if you don’t some models will look black.