Introducing Tempo, a Cinematic Action Game exclusively for iOS

(Silvanoshi) #1

London is on a short fuse; rigged to blow by a wealthy psychopath and his private army. With only a handful of Special Forces Operatives on the ground, the fate of the city falls on you! Tempo sets a new bar for cinematic mobile gaming, combining slick, reflex-driven gameplay with exceptional visuals and audio production. The game is set for release in early 2015.

//youtu.be/0kZcx2EgpRs

Looking to learn more about Tempo? Sign up to the WarChest Universe mailing list at www.playTempo.com, and follow WarChestGames on Facebook and Twitter for the latest and greatest news about the game.

What do you think after seeing the trailer? We can’t wait to read your comments!

(rookie1) #2

NIce ! Best thing I saw here since a Loonnnng time :wink:

(matsy) #3

Disappointing that it is iOS.

(Silvanoshi) #4

Well, certainly glad you liked the look of it :).

Who knows, if it takes off and tons of people like it, there’s always the possibility that a sequel/prequel/pre-sequel could come to other platforms :).

(Protekt1) #5

So is this like… a heavy QTE game?

(Ca9ine) #6

Gah! My wife just made the switch from iOS to Android.
I’d like to try this thing when available.

SD Fanboyism is strong in my person! :smiley:

(Silvanoshi) #7

Tempo will certainly put your reflexes to the test in a number of different ways, yup.

[QUOTE=Ca9ine;517130]Gah! My wife just made the switch from iOS to Android.
I’d like to try this thing when available.

SD Fanboyism is strong in my person! :D[/QUOTE]

Oh noes! You’ll have to convince her to switch back!

(Raviolay) #8

Wish you would of made the game say like, cannon fodder that trailer looks like a QTE fest. Or before Shenmue coined the term, one of them MEGA CD “interactive” FVM games back in the 90’s.

(Tmoldovan) #9

Looks good… Any chance this will work with an external controller?

I will pay you a trillion pounds, if you do.
But I’m in America, and we don’t have a billion, so by my conversion, that’s what, like a hundred bucks?

(Nail) #10

not free ?

(Teuthis) #11

Is this a singlepayer only game or is/will there be a Multiplayer? What engine is the Game Based on and will there be options for mapping/modding?

Trailer Looks Great but i miss some in Game Scenes of gameplay etc.

I have a Deep Trust in SD/ID Games so i guess you’re Not Breaking the line Here with this new game and that the Game Rocks.

Finally my Mac can be Used Not only to work :wink:

(Nail) #12

it’s an iPoo game so engine is likely Unity

(Silvanoshi) #13

[QUOTE=Tmoldovan;517720]Looks good… Any chance this will work with an external controller?

I will pay you a trillion pounds, if you do.
But I’m in America, and we don’t have a billion, so by my conversion, that’s what, like a hundred bucks?[/QUOTE]
The gameplay and interface is built from the ground up to intuitive to control on a touchscreen device. I’d go so far as to say that even if you were to try using a controller attachment with it, the experience would likely be inferior. You’re going to want to use the touch screen.

You’ll have to wait and see ;).

[QUOTE=Teuthis;518004]Is this a singlepayer only game or is/will there be a Multiplayer? What engine is the Game Based on and will there be options for mapping/modding?

Trailer Looks Great but i miss some in Game Scenes of gameplay etc.

I have a Deep Trust in SD/ID Games so i guess you’re Not Breaking the line Here with this new game and that the Game Rocks.

Finally my Mac can be Used Not only to work ;)[/QUOTE]
Tempo is primarily a singleplayer title, although there are online leaderboards and the like in place. The game is built using Unity, and no there won’t be any modding/mapping (would love to know if you’ve seen anything like this outside of walled garden editors on iOS?).

As for playing Tempo on your Mac, it’s iOS exclusive atm; so unless you’ve got some tricks up our sleeve, I’m afraid it won’t be available on Mac.

(tokamak) #14

My job gave me a phone that’s actually able to play this game if it were Android. Exciting.

(Mustang) #15

So what you’re saying is they gave you a phone that isn’t able to play the game. :tongue:

(tokamak) #16

I didn’t really have a choice in the matter so it could be worse, they could’ve given me an iphone.

(Protekt1) #17

So is this like the prequel to DB? Tempo: How London was Dirty Bomb’d.

(.FROST.) #18

I hope this game is actually some sort of tie-in, that’d be great. Would also be great to see a little more ingame footage, or a developer video about what the game is all about. It also couldn’t be too early for an estimated release date, since they were talking about “early 2015”, which is kinda right now and the next 1-2 months.

(Silvanoshi) #19

It’ll be interesting to see what you guys think once you learn more about the game :).

More info will become available as we close in on release, that’s for sure ;). Additionally if you’re interested in picking up on small snippets about the game along the way, there’re regular posts going up on www.Facebook.com/WarChestGames and www.Twitter.com/WarChestGames with little tidbits.

(.FROST.) #20

[QUOTE=Silvanoshi;519122]It’ll be interesting to see what you guys think once you learn more about the game :).

More info will become available as we close in on release, that’s for sure ;). Additionally if you’re interested in picking up on small snippets about the game along the way, there’re regular posts going up on www.Facebook.com/WarChestGames and www.Twitter.com/WarChestGames with little tidbits.[/QUOTE]

I’m ofc folowing SD and WC on FB, but since I’m not really big on Twitter I think I’ve missed out on one or the other little snippet there; I’ve changed that, now I’m following you guys there as well :wink: