proficiencies vs Selft Damaging

(rookie1) #1

Id go for Selft Damaging over proficiencies
Make selft damaging to all mercs that try to do something that they are not the merc to do it .
lesser skill mercs for the objective get Higher Pain/Damage
Make all default speed objective action for non specific objective merc at a reasonable rate but selft damage higher or lower depending of type of mercs
I see much more good in this way

(PixelTwitch) #2

so the idea is they cut their fingers to shreds?

(rookie1) #3

On an EV all Mercs except enginer type of class will get some self damage (Electric shocks) while repairing ,inflecting self damage at an high rate for the Med
So if your engie die you will have to think twice before repairing the Ev if you are an Medic or other class
Do I have enough health to repair ?
Should I repair or leave the inc engie do it?
And yes with an Fast self damgage to the medic trying to repair he should only rep in emergency situation and search instead to do what he is good at .
Same goes for disarming c4
this will simulate class specific objective .
and bring some dynamic to the actions ( different pains noises for different class ,and animation of electric shocks ) plus its make the mechanic more Logic/easy to understand over the non logic proficiencies with millions of rate speed

(Glottis-3D) #4

i like an idea.
if the merc is not a professional, then there is a chance that he will screw up disarm and blow c4 by mistake.
but not sure how enraging this will turn out ingame =)

(warbie) #5

I like this idea too. If some lumbering fat fingered merc tries to disarm there’s a chance he can balls it up and the timer starts going faster. Accompanied with some ‘oh **** oh ****’ voice over :slight_smile:

(Glottis-3D) #6

ha-ha that would be gold!

(tokamak) #7

Killing an objective planter isn’t harder than damaging him so the difference between objective and non-objective classes is much lower than it is now.

(INF3RN0) #8

I liked how this worked in my idea for unique obj interactions better. As a standard rule it’d be pointless.

(rookie1) #9

On an EV all Mercs except enginer type of class will get some self damage (Electric shocks) while repairing ,inflecting self damage at an high rate for the Med

With already ingame abilities (deployables) or future synergic ones this could be counter or do lesser damage =more teamplay