Screen Freeze or Studder

(spookify) #1

I will try to keep track of these more but if there is any instance your screen freeze or skips please post here.

Bridge EV Repair I Freeze
People Join I Freeze
People Quit I Freeze

50% of Skyhammers Artys I Freeze…

Some Enemy Spawns if I am close I freeze or there are 3 people running very close together I freeze…

Jumping from a higher level down either onto an enemy or into a group of enemy is skip

I will try to be more notable of the freeze and what is going on around me when they happen… Half the time when I freeze I tab to see who joined haha! It is almost a force of habit now because it happens that much!

Side note about Animation is there something weird about how the peoples feet and legs move while they are running? Almost like they are gliding on the surface?

Also coming around corners when you know there is a guy there and poof they appear and you are dead… Not a smooth merc art transition around a corner it very weird… Especially if a USA player is in a EURO and even more notable if two USA players are in a EURO server… People just magically appear…

(Mustang) #2

I used my pro camera skills to make this video of an extremely laggy game from tonight.

//youtu.be/QOgT9GKw-Js

(Scarhand) #3

Usually happens when map first starts. Don’t know if it is the players joining or the not being fully loaded yet; despite the massive loading times I still have to wait about a minute in game before my character model renders with his texture. That video has a surprisingly fast load time actually, only 45 seconds.

Still waiting for the update that starts the loading during the lobby while I’m already waiting doing nothing for too long. I know unreal engine is really terrible about load times, but it is still really terrible for unreal engine standards.

(Szakalot) #4

[QUOTE=Scarhand;515452]Usually happens when map first starts. Don’t know if it is the players joining or the not being fully loaded yet; despite the massive loading times I still have to wait about a minute in game before my character model renders with his texture. That video has a surprisingly fast load time actually, only 45 seconds.

Still waiting for the update that starts the loading during the lobby while I’m already waiting doing nothing for too long. I know unreal engine is really terrible about load times, but it is still really terrible for unreal engine standards.[/QUOTE]

I experience the exact same problems, feel for you man!

(Mustang) #5

It was much longer actually, perhaps twice as long, I was still trying to make the phone stand-up and missed the first half.

Although this was actually a fairly fast load for me, I usually miss the first 15-20 seconds of the map, and don’t get a chance to change mercs or anything before getting thrown in.

I think SD misinterpreted “remove the waiting times between maps” as “remove the loading time margins” whereas what we meant was “don’t make us stay at the endgame screen and lobby screens for such long times” and these don’t seem to have changed this patch anyway.

(spookify) #6

[QUOTE=Mustang;515483]It was much longer actually, perhaps twice as long, I was still trying to make the phone stand-up and missed the first half.

Although this was actually a fairly fast load for me, I usually miss the first 15-20 seconds of the map, and don’t get a chance to change mercs or anything before getting thrown in.

I think SD misinterpreted “remove the waiting times between maps” as “remove the loading time margins” whereas what we meant was “don’t make us stay at the endgame screen and lobby screens for such long times” and these don’t seem to have changed this patch anyway.[/QUOTE]

Get an SSD…

I am always one of the first ones in and I can f6 right away for the map starts with one vote… F waiting around. Ranked, Match Making and all that will be different anyway…

(Mustang) #7

Urr no, how does narrowing the testing to newer hardware help test (which is what we’re really here for) a wide range of devices that the target playerbase are likely to be using.

I don’t want it fixed for me, but for everyone.

(spookify) #8

[QUOTE=Mustang;515491]Urr no, how does narrowing the testing to newer hardware help test (which is what we’re really here for) a wide range of devices that the target playerbase are likely to be using.

I don’t want it fixed for me, but for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Everyone should get SSD…

I have SLI and spend good money to get it but DB runs like crap with it on!!! I get zero performance improvements with SLI or thats what it feels like that what my frames show…

I thing the Lag, Studdering and screen freezes are server side:

#1) Having the nexon launcher open all the freaking time!!!
#2) Switching to nexon server in the first place made the game clunky…
#3) Client Side Hit… I have already seem people with programs running in the back that will make them laggy’er! Intentional or unintentional! If the game does take off then why would you not download music to throttle your bandwidth to make you teleport across the map… Bind Mouse1 Net -10; Net 200 + Bind Jump MaxPackets 30; MaxPackets 100 + Mouse1 Client 15000; client 25000… These arent the actually code but I did do something like this in ET binding mouse 1 to maxpackets and timenudge and a few other things… People could also make macros so their band width changes… When we real get into the nuts and bolts of this and comp takes off client side hit might kill the game or at least cross regional games… How many time does Freeze call someone a Lagger Noob haha Every 5 minutes? Yeah imagine that time 10 or times 100 once people figure out how to code it or the weird advantage or disadvantage you get.
#4) Anti Lag?
#5) When the anti-chest is active will that slow down the game even more? Even more laggy?
#6) Strict ping limit in Match making?

#7) Why is my ping 100 on SW East 1 but 50 on SW east 2?
#8) Why can I get 128 ping on SW Euro 1 and 160 ping on SW Euro 2?

#9) Is the Nexon Launcher going to be updated to not eat Frames or cause lag or studdering?

(Violator) #9

[QUOTE=Mustang;515445]I used my pro camera skills to make this video of an extremely laggy game from tonight.

//youtu.be/QOgT9GKw-Js
[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I get on Bridge (1st phase at least), full server = slideshow, esp. in CQC and a lot of players on screen.

(MrFunkyFunk) #10

Lag/stutters/freezes have been happening a lot to me lately, definitely a server issue. Was more or less fine last week.

(Mustang) #11

Yes I think a server/networking issue too, much worse the last 3 days than last week.

(Silvanoshi) #12

Hey guys,

If you come across this while playing, can you pop a post in here with the server name, that would be quite helpful indeed. Please try to make the post as soon to the stutter as possible.

(Mustang) #13

So make a post about it every 1-2 minutes?

Seems a bit overkill for such a known and reproducible problem.

It was mentioned that some of the stuttering and freezing issues have already been addressed internally, so I’m mostly inclined to put up, shut up and see if it’s any better next patch.

(Silvanoshi) #14

The first occurrence on any particular server during your gaming session will do.

We’re well aware of the joining issue, so there’s no need to report for that, but there are a number of other occurrences being called out above as causing trouble. It would be great to get a server name, time stamp (via the post), and mention of the element that is believed to be causing trouble.

Spookify, I don’t know if you’ve had a chance to play for any extended period of time on a reasonably populated NA server with sub 100ms ping? Do you experience the same issues there?