Lua script request: delay mortar rate of fire

(c0rnn) #1

Hi, just wondering whether anyone here might be interested in writing a Lua script to delay mortar shots to every x seconds. The mortar’s damage radius is twice or even more that of panzerfaust, and its rate of fire is just too fast, making it very overpowered. So I’m just throwing it out there, if anyone’s got the skills and thinks it’s a good idea. If riflenades could be delayed too (so you can’t shoot two in a row), even better.

Interested for ETPro mod, by the way.

Cheers

(Micha) #2

I think it’s not possible to delay the shots with lua. You could edit the source if it is a public mod or use the enhanced mod tool for jaymod to edit this but not for etpro.
You can only use global delay with g_soldierChargeTime 30000 and g_engineerChargeTime 30000 and increase the value (this will hit all soldier weapons and engineer dyno, mines, etc)

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6971
It wasn’t possible so they just set the ammo amount of rifle nades lower.

(c0rnn) #3

Really? That’s a shame. I thought it would be easy to send a trap command after shooting and preventing another shot with the same weapon for x seconds, kinda like how one script prevents /kill if you’re getting shot at.