Omni-Bots

(Kynval) #1

Hello…
how to make server full by omni-bot’s?
Now my bots if [number of slots] are set, then is 1 low…
and in console is: “Could not add bot! No free slots!”
i have to make full server to redirect to new IP

(Micha) #2

Just no.

Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

(stealth6) #3

Can’t you change sv_maxclients to 0? Or make sv_privateClients the same as sv_maxclients?

(Loffy) #4

Hi Kynval, I am afraid I cannot help you due to my lack of omni-bot scripting skills, but I can point you in the direction of the Omni-bot Forum, if you haven’t seen it before. They might be able to help you also.

(Kynval) #5

i have sv_maxclients in parametrs made by host -> can’t change

(Dragonji) #6

Then add the same value to sv_privateClients and set a password for private slots.

(Kynval) #7

doesn’t work

(Nitrox_) #8

Omni-bot allows adding sv_maxClients-1 bots to the server, which makes sense since there’s no point hosting a server full of bots, they don’t need training, do they ? lol

The private clients trick Dragonji mentionned works:

If you set sv_privateClients to the same value as sv_maxClients, you have to make sure the sv_privatePassword cvar is set too (sv_privateClients simply has no effect if sv_privatePassword is not set).

Then all you have to do is set sv_fullmsg “et://youserverIP:yourserverport” :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :wink:

(Micha) #9

Omni-bot allows adding sv_maxClients-1 bots to the server, which makes sense since there’s no point hosting a server full of bots, they don’t need training, do they ? lol

That’s the reason I wont help him. It seems he want to setup one or more servers to just redirect people to another one if they connect to it. This will trick people and “shows that the server is popular” which is surely not because of the bots.

(Teuthis) #10

These Kinda threads always Show me how stupid I am :smiley:

(Mateos) #11

Stupid about what?

(Nitrox_) #12

It could also be because he’s moving to a new IP and wants the change to operate smoothly without losing regular players ? Who knows…

(Teuthis) #13

Because at These Points I realize how restricted my Expertise on ET is and how Little I know about coding and Other Stuff. I Kinda Build my Little birdcage that Allows me to make half Decent Maps but that’s Almost it. Next Thing on the Radar is making Models myself but some Stuff Discussed Here is a Mystery to me.

Sorry for the off-Topic Discussion BTW

(Nitrox_) #14

[QUOTE=Teuthis;515447]Because at These Points I realize how restricted my Expertise on ET is and how Little I know about coding and Other Stuff. I Kinda Build my Little birdcage that Allows me to make half Decent Maps but that’s Almost it. Next Thing on the Radar is making Models myself but some Stuff Discussed Here is a Mystery to me.

Sorry for the off-Topic Discussion BTW[/QUOTE]
You chosed to create maps, some chose to create plugings, skinpacks, mods, or even give the engine a new life, nobody’s stupid, people just make different choices :stuck_out_tongue:
For example: I know a damn lot of things about this game but I don’t have a clue how to create maps :smiley:

(Mateos) #15

That’s what keep that game alive, we have people for almost everything ET-related :slight_smile:

Personally I’ll probably jump to coding someday, already messing in GtkRadiant code :smiley: