make mapmodels solid

(yankeedoodle) #1

Hi

I’ve been using gtk radiant since yesterday,
and I’m pretty stuck already :confused:
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how do I make a model (like for example a chair) solid?

(twt_thunder) #2

no, its not a stupid question.
but why not start on the best tutorial ever and learn things bit by bit

http://www.pythononline.co.uk/et/tutorial.htm

(stealth6) #3

Make a brush around it and give it the texture clip_weapon that means it’ll stop players & bullets (but be invisible). If it’s a chair you can sit on then you’ll have to recreate the shape a bit with brushes,

(yankeedoodle) #4

Ok thanks both :slight_smile:
I hoped it was a little bit easier, but that’s ok.

(WuTangH) #5

Theres also one easy way, but Ive read that its not recommended to use it on complicated models. In my case it didnt make any problems, so you can try :slight_smile:

Select your model,
press N, and add:
Key: spawnflags
Value: 2

This will make your model solid. However, when you shoot it, you will not hear any sound… For sounds you have to use clip shaders. (wood, metal …)

(yankeedoodle) #6

Thanks WuTangH!
I’ll try it :slight_smile:
But I’ve still got another question.
How do I rotate mapmodels?

(WuTangH) #7

Same as brushes. If you want rotate to exact degree, then go Modify -> Arbitrary Rotation
If you dont care about numbers, then press R and rotate it. You have to choose one of three axes (x,y,z). Just click&hold on one of them.

It works like this on GTK 1.5… About 1.6 I dont know. :rolleyes:

(Mateos) #8

It could lead to collision issues on complex models; I know rocks at Fuel Dump are clipped this way.

(yankeedoodle) #9

I’m using the 1.4 and it didn’t work for me, but I’ve found an other way by pressing N and then changing the angle there.

(FAQIS) #10

yeah, that’s the best way to turn models, but I would suggest that you try radiant 1.6 or 1.5

(remember that the clip isn’t turned if you only adjust the angle-key, so you need to turn that also…)