Tunnel

(morphdoc) #1

Hi guys

Is there any easy tutorial for making a nice tunnel? natural looking tunnel, something similar to supply.

Please, help!

(KeMoN) #2

Hello morphdoc,

I suggest you have a look at simonoc’s tutorial page. Besides that I can suggest Dersaidin’s tutorial

Those tutorials cover how to create rockwalls/cliffs or in your case tunnel sides. Simply add a rotated rockwall as ceiling. However make sure to smoothen the angle between wall and ceiling so it doesn’t look like a tube.
If you don’t want to work through those (very easy) tutorials, you can take the fueldump map-source and have a look at that tunnel.

Happy mapping!

(twt_thunder) #3

you can also use simple patch mesh…
I dont know any tutorials for that, sorry I will see if I can find the prefab I once made and upload it on twt…

(morphdoc) #4

[QUOTE=twt_thunder;514183]you can also use simple patch mesh…
I dont know any tutorials for that, sorry I will see if I can find the prefab I once made and upload it on twt…[/QUOTE]

Oh please, do that:P

I am not an expert in gtkradiant, and that patch mesh sounds “simple”:stuck_out_tongue:

(morphdoc) #5

alternatively, can I use tunnel made in oasis or fueldump in my map???

(twt_thunder) #6

found it, you have to change texture on it, but as you will see you can build this further…

cave.zip (1.31 KB)

(Teuthis) #7

We also have a Tunnel prefab on the TWT Website. Download section under prefabs

Making a Tunnel is quite easy Manually, all you need to get familiar with is the vertex and Edge Mode. There is a tutorial on the TWT Website. Download section under Tutorials

(morphdoc) #8

I made my own one…basically I made a hole in a square brush with a 6 sided cylinder, then I changed the sizes of individual wall, added some stones etc etc and looks quite natural :stuck_out_tongue:

(Teuthis) #9

Sweet. Keep in mind that you make the Brushes func Detail as otherwise your engine has to calculate so many verts that the FPS go to hell. And every surface you can’t See with your eye should be caulk or the Engine will have to calculate this too. Again, for Tutorials on func Detail and caulk See TWT Website.

Happy mapping :wink: good to See that there are more mapper out there. It’s a funny Hobby and there are many skilled People around who can help with everything I can think of. I guess you checked TWT Website already.