Installation stuck

(smashyehead) #1

hey guys

so i tried to reinstall the game on a newer system (i3 3220, Win7) but the installation always gets stuck right at the beginning. the loading bar stops moving when it says “Publishing Product Information”.

an initial internet search how to resolve this issue has yielded no results so far. first thing was diabling any security software (firewall etc.), but nothing changed. also i then have to force quit it, additionally terminate the win install process and restart before i can make another (senseless) attempt of installing the game (without this procedure it will tell me that another install is running).

i remember having no problem whatsoever when i first installed this game on an old xp system.

does anyone know this problem or have an idea how to get my game installed? help much appreciated.

thx in advance

smash

(Rex) #2

Post your full PC specs please. Did you install from CD or from a file on your HDD?

(smashyehead) #3

sure. got an i3 3220@3.3GHz,an MSI B75MA-P45 mainboard, 8GB RAM (1600MHz), Palit Geforce GTX 750 ti 2GB, Win 7 Home SP1. …dunno what else you need. tried to install from original CD. …mh. could it be that this old install does not run on Win 7?

(Rex) #4

Nah, has nothing to do with Win 7 most people play on it now. I guess it’s your CD which could be damaged. If other installations from CD run fine, your CD drive should be fine.

(cloudhalo) #5

If you really wanna play this game but are having issues installing, pm me since if I post something I might get banned, for copyright issues.

(vonbeck1) #6

having the same problem with windows 8.1
my specs are
i7 4790 @4.00ghz,Z9X7 mother board 16gb ram asus gtx970 4gb
cheers

(Rex) #7

[QUOTE=vonbeck1;516793]having the same problem with windows 8.1
my specs are
i7 4790 @4.00ghz,Z9X7 mother board 16gb ram asus gtx970 4gb
cheers[/QUOTE]

Have you checked if your CD or CD drive works?

(vonbeck1) #8

yep installed bf 4 and titan fall keeps stropping at the same place maybe disk is scratched will it work anyway on win8.1?

(Rex) #9

Haven’t met anyone playing on Win 8.1 yet, but it’s supposed to work there as well. :wink:

(RasteRayzeR) #10

I have, it worked

(vonbeck1) #11

did it install of the disk ok?
cheers

(vonbeck1) #12

still having trouble with this even bought a brand new copy of game but still sticking at same place when i try to install on w8.1 anybody any ideas PLEASE

(edxot) #13

its not about the same game or operating system, but it’s a similar error (aparently). maybe some of the steps suggested there can help.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/604132-Install-ends-with-Publishing-Product-Information-Forums

(StoneCold) #14

I had this EXACT same issue end of last year when I wanted to install from my retail disk. I actually managed to bypass the installation procedure quite easily just by copying off the files from the CD itself to my hard drive. If you still need help with this, let me know and I’ll get back to you :slight_smile:

(vonbeck1) #15

did you then install it off your hard drive
cheers
love this game its killing me not being able to play:(

(vonbeck1) #16

Sorted matey thanks very much !!! if you had big breasts and a pile of money i`d kiss you:D:D