Black terrain problem

(ianreal28) #1

PLS HELP ME FIX THIS PLS IM BEGGEING ANYONE TO HELP ME TO FIX THE BLACK TERRAIN TEXTURE

dOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX?? PLS HELP ME…

(xdc) #2

POSSIBLE FIXES:
the megatextures folder was not set up correctly,
DELETE CONFIG,
UPDATE GRAPHICS DRIVERS

Offtopic:
ETQW was a great game. But it was purposely destroyed by the devs when they made ranked servers.
If ETQW was rereleased, FREE, & no ranked servers. It would be a nice game to play again. But OFC this wouldn’t happen, because i would stop playing dirty bomb altogether, and no im not talking about QuakeWars Online.

(ianreal28) #3

But how to set up the megatextures correctly…??

(ianreal28) #4

[QUOTE=xdc;512042]POSSIBLE FIXES:
the megatextures folder was not set up correctly,
DELETE CONFIG,
UPDATE GRAPHICS DRIVERS

Offtopic:
ETQW was a great game. But it was purposely destroyed by the devs when they made ranked servers.
If ETQW was rereleased, FREE, & no ranked servers. It would be a nice game to play again. But OFC this wouldn’t happen, because i would stop playing dirty bomb altogether, and no im not talking about QuakeWars Online.[/QUOTE]

But how to set up the megatextures correctly…??

(ianreal28) #5

PLS anyone know how to fix this problem plss>>>

(ianreal28) #6

ANY ONE kNow How to fix “THIS BLACK TERRAIN”??

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::confused:

(Runeforce) #7

It is a megatexture problem. It happens when your megatexture is not in the right path or your pk4 file is refering wrongly to the megatexture.
I’ve encountered this before, but it is so long ago, I can’t remember how I solved it. :frowning: But I do remember it was suprisingly simple.

(cloudhalo) #8

Go to options, settings, avanced, and for the terrain , max that out by moving the slider to the right, and well i forgot the rest but keep moving each slider to max until you fix the issue its one of those graphical setting. You can then play around with it to see which settings need to be on/off an so forth to not get the black ground.

(acekiller345) #9

Try reinstalling your game

(Rex) #10

Try to open yet another thread with the same question in capslock of course.

(rookie1) #11

I had similar problem way back, see this thread