[MAP] 1944 Huertgen Forest Final 2.1

(Mateos) #1

1944 Huertgen Forest (Final 2.1)

1944: Huertgen Forest was thickly wooded, cut by steep defiles and trails. The Axis built deep, artillery-proof bunkers, surrounded by fighting positions.

AXIS - The Allies are attempting to steal valuable supplies from the Axis Truckyard, stop them at all costs!

ALLIES - The Axis Truckyard contains valuable supplies. We must secure them to claim victory in the Forest!

Changelog (since previous public release)

-------------------------------------------------
 Further development
-------------------------------------------------
> Final 2.1
    * Time limit management:
        - Initial time limit reduced to 20 minutes;
        - Extension when the Tank is stolen (not on first repair) (+10);
        - Extension when the Truck is stolen (when exiting the Truckyard) (+5)
    * Slightly improved VIS blocking.
    * Optimized T-Junctions some more.
    * Caulked more non-visible surfaces.
    * Rewrote shaders and cleaned map script.
    * Added a flash animation and a firing sound to the AT-Gun when used.
    * Adjusted the Tank turret rotation angle while shooting the Truckyard Gate.
    * Fixed the trigger time of the AT-Gun: it will shoot only 5+ seconds after a shot.
    * Updated the map coordonates so the original Command Map fits with the objectives locations.
    * Terrain lighting is now on a single lightmap, for a smoothed lighting. However, func_group's still affect it.
      Also note that the texture blending is affected (only the brushes going through the skybox).

> Final 2.0 Fixed
    * Optimized T-Junctions a lot.
    * Caulked a lot more surfaces inside the buildings.
    * AT-Gun: trigger time increased from 0.1 to 5 seconds.
    * Fixed Flipped Triangles during MergeMetaTriangles pass.
    * Smoothed shadowing on terrain, less pixelated tree/bush shadows.
    * Fixed brush/texture alignment on the Foot Bridge (Thanks Tardis).
    * Spawn areas are SK/Arty/Mortar/Landmine-protected (Thanks |MTC|).
    * Removed solid brushes at the bottom of the bushes models (Thanks |MTC|).
    * Reduced AT-Gun blast radius, so behind the house is safe now (Thanks |MTC|).
    * Renamed the Health and Ammo cabinets, depending on their respective locations.
    * The Axis Door, east from Farm, can no longer be trickjumped by Allies (Thanks |MTC|).
    * The Axis North Path door wasn't destructible (Brush was solid): fixed (Thanks Tardis & Harry Homers).
    * Added Push Targets above Axis North Path building and above Village Bunker to prevent double-jump TJ (Thanks |MTC|).
    * Changed Axis North Path Command Map icon behavior:
      - When it is built, it will show up as a Grenade for Allies and a custom icon for Axis,
        while before it was only showing a Grenade for Allies (Nothing for Axis, could be confusing),
      - When it is destroyed, it shows Construction Materials for Axis,
        while before it was showing a custom icon for them.
    * Colored locations in Fireteam:
      - Red (^1) for Destructibles.
      - Green (^2) for Spawns.
      - Blue (^$) for Water.

All credits goes to +KOMMANDO+, the maker of the 1944 Wolfenstein Enemy Territory awesome map series, even if they’re all bugged the level design and the objective are various and well placed.

Additionnal thanks to Dragonji, Micha, Sedra12, Smurfer, Teuthis, Thunder, WuTangH and |MTC| clan peeps for their feedback!

Map Download

Waypoints Download
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/nav/1944_huertgen_final2.way
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/nav/1944_huertgen_final2.gm
http://svn.assembla.com/svn/omnibot/Enemy-Territory/0.8/et/nav/1944_huertgen_final2_goals.gm

Screenshots

These screenshots can be used on trackers such as GameTracker, SplatterLadder or TrackBase.

Thank you!

(hellreturn) #2

Thanks Mateos! Added on our all hardcore and NQ servers :slight_smile:

Update: Feedback from regulars on server.

ts been added today or lately in to the HC its a nice map but has a lot of bugs.

Bugs that I saw: Axis can spawn into allies spawn, while allies spawn there, chose any other allies spawn.
Cannon balls shoot like they are on fire… too many shots in few seconds make it really hard dont know if thats how they map was made.

Besides that, nice map, but not enjoyable if teams are stacked and that cannon get fixed…

(Mateos) #3

Thank you :slight_smile:

I guess he talks about the switchable one, I’ll check the script but I think I forced the Axis entities on disabled plus forcing spawn moving…

The cannon shoots when there’s a guy in each triggers (Axis at the Gun and Allies at the road), and the minimum amount of time between shoots is 5 seconds (while in the original there were no latency), I don’t know what I can do :confused: Either attack on two fronts on map load (destroy North Path, dynamite the Gun, maybe before explode the Ammo Room to lock this Axis spawn) or don’t let Axis reach the trigger :confused:

Edit: As I’m at work I can’t test anything, I’ll try tonight but can’t promise for sure anything before the week end :confused:

If I can’t sort it out I’ll up the modified script (should be enough).

Edit 2: You only have the 2.1 in etmain right, no longer the 2.0?

(hellreturn) #4

Yup, I only have 2.1 in etmain :slight_smile:

Will wait for your fixed mapscript. Thanks Mateos.

(Mateos) #5

OK, haven’t even had the time to start my PC last night, thanks to Magic I’ve been able to look at Fuel Dump way to handle the Tunnel spawn (because I’ve only been able to download the vanilla source from his website, rest being blocked, proxies included and the network being itself a VPN…).

I handle it in this map differently from FD, and I prefer to change this for this spawn and also the CP spawn for something more clean, and thus this will require recompile. I’ll fix few things and that’ll be a 2.1.1 :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll try to release this Saturday.

Thank you again for the feedback!

(Mateos) #6

1944 Huertgen Forest (Final 2.1.1)

Changelog

> Final 2.1.1
* Minor fixes.
* Re-added a timer to the AT-Gun triggers check for fast servers.
* Fixed: An Axis spawn point at the Tank Spawn was disabled on map load, and was getting enabled on spawn switch.

Download

Thank you again! This should be it ^^’

(mrmuppet) #7

Thanks for the update.

(hellreturn) #8

Thanks Mateos! Updated on my server!

(Mateos) #9

Thank you, let me know if any issue is still found :slight_smile: Should be OK now ^^’

(FAQIS) #10

good map but can you make the player clips around trees to script movers that are solid?, as spectator do I want to fly all over the map and not get interrupted or confused by odd clips. Thanks

the FPS is something that you really should be proud of, really good with stable 100.

the tank is slower than a snail, please take away the 20cc and place a real motor inside…
and the driver should have a really heavy foot placed at the accelerator, okey?
And yes the gold rush tank got the same speed, but:

1 that doesn’t mean goldrush got a perfect tank speed.
2 the path is shorter and got a nice slope
3 My own tank in “Die Bombe” moves with a speed of 160/170 to make the map more intensive.

the overall design and the hills are really cool credits for that.

the grenade icons at the commandmap means that there exist a thing you can destroy by using grenades panzer or mortar etc. but I can’t find it.

the box at the truck is interesting, credits for that.

the speed of the truck is okey, credits for that (maybe increase it with 10)

the overall feeling is really nice, credits for that, I hope to play it at server soon.

EDIT: video :slight_smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEx4opaUxb8

(Mateos) #11

You probably missed the discussion from the previous release:
http://forums.warchest.com/showthread.php/32682-MAP-1944-Huertgen-Forest-(Final-2)-Released?p=511681&viewfull=1#post511681

This is why clipping is weird, texturing at some locations too, forest and bushes are ugly, layout isn’t good for performance optimization regarding old PCs, and other stuff ^^’; FPS-wise it isn’t the same since I removed the big caulk brushes in the middle, and thus had to take advantage of the two mountains available ^^’

As for the nade goal, either hover the mouse to have its name or move to the objective 8 :slight_smile:

The guy of the video skipped the Grate, the North Path and the Axis Ammo Room objectives