Disconnecting Internet 2014

(x0d1nx) #1

Hi I’m an old time player of ET and just installed the game again today after several years. I’m having some weird problem trying to play the game. It seems that when I’m launching the game, it disconnects me from my internet. This is very annoying. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem or has experienced this before. Obviously this game can’t be played without internet so I’m hoping for a fix.

(schnoog) #2

I`ve had similar problems years ago (maybe 8 or 9) which disappeared when I deactivated the personal firewall.
BTW: which operating system are you using?

(jemstar) #3

I’m no expert but everytime I do a new reinstall the game crashes when I try to connect…then I remember I have to give the .exe file administrator privileges !!

-Right click on et.exe
-Click on compatibility
-Tick 'Run this program as compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2 or 3"
-Tick Run this program in 256 colors
-Tick “Run this program as Administrator”

Works every time!!

(Mateos) #4

[QUOTE=jemstar;511059]-Tick 'Run this program as compatibility mode for windows xp service pack 2 or 3"
-Tick Run this program in 256 colors[/QUOTE]

These are not useful ^^’

(jemstar) #5

LoL ok is just the way was explained to me years ago and so is how I have fixed most things!! So all is needed is to run as administrator? Grrr so I put up with ****ty desktop when minimised for nuttn dam!!

(Mateos) #6

If you have ET in Program Files, in order to have the right to extract the DLLs, the game will need to be started as admin :confused: