How to share my Linux dedicated server guide?

(resilldoux) #1

Hi guys,

I recently created a Linux dedicated server guide. I used an Ubuntu 14.04.1 x86_64 system for this. I was wondering what you guys think of it, also in terms of feedback (I’d like to improve my work). But here’s the problem: I don’t know how to share it here.

You see, this is the third time I created this thread since apparently I’m not allowed to link to an external website where I uploaded my guide. I do apologize for that, my intention was never to break any rules. The reason why I did that was that the 16kb (or so?) limit for files is really small, even for my 161kb pdf file.

So, if anyone has a suggestion how I can share my guide, I’d be happy to hear about it! Please note that my intentions are good.

Best regards

EDIT: I uploaded the pdf on Scribd here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/240983000/Building-your-own-Wolfenstein-Enemy-Territory-Linux-Dedicated-Server.

(Runeforce) #2

You could write/copy-paste it in a new dedicated thread on the forums.

(resilldoux) #3

I could do that, but I already have a neat pdf file (created with LaTeX) that I wish to share.

(resilldoux) #4

Why more negative rep, what have I done that offended you guys?

(Mateos) #5

What do you mean by negative feedback? If you saw white stars they’re positive but not as strong as green ones, regarding the rep system.

There’s an Ubuntu wiki with a guide already I recall, used it years ago :slight_smile: You may expand it.

(resilldoux) #6

[QUOTE=Mateos;510879]What do you mean by negative feedback? If you saw white stars they’re positive but not as strong as green ones, regarding the rep system.

There’s an Ubuntu wiki with a guide already I recall, used it years ago :slight_smile: You may expand it.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, yes I meant the reputation system. I had received negative reps which resulted in red stars. For some reason I’m in the green now. So I got that going for me, which is nice. I’ll look into the Ubuntu wiki.

(spidysense) #7

You could see who give you -ve rep in your user profile.

(Nail) #8

now you’re greener

(Mateos) #9

I checked it, it’s only in french, my bad ^^’