Nazi symbols in my Map

(Teuthis) #1

I just saw that someone from wolffiles not only modified my map, he also put Nazi symbols in my map

I specifically wrote in the readmy file:

----------------------------------------->
| Last note from the author
| :…the map is free of Nazi symbols. Please keep it that way. The day I see my map modified with such symbols is the last day I mapped for ET. Thanks for your understanding :slight_smile:

accordingly, i am deeply disappointed how my work gets treated just 3 days and that someone added These symbols into it despite the readme note.

I have a Job too serious to get connected to These bull**** symbols. They are illegal in my Country and I see no other Option that stopping all work related to ET. If this is the way 1 year of hard work gets abues in just 3 days I am done here

(Micha) #2

Why is this news telling about your new map and on same time it has changed textures? I think desert textures are the original.

(Teuthis) #3

someome modified ít aparently and thought to add at the same time These symbols. I’m deeply disappointed. seriously if we can’t get control over this I see only the backdoor Exit. And believe me I would rather let ET die than risking my real life

they even refer to me as the source of the screenshots

Source - Splashdamage - Teuthis

I might just overreact here but at this Point I Need to start Smoking again. If the stuff doesn’t disappear I Need to think on my Family first.

(KeMoN) #4

Hello Teuthis,

[QUOTE=Teuthis;509145]
I might just overreact here but at this Point I Need to start Smoking again. If the stuff doesn’t disappear I Need to think on my Family first.[/QUOTE]

You are indeed overreacting. The best part of ET is the fact that it the user is able to highly customize its appearance. The game leaves it to the user to decide what he would like to have in the game and what not.
As a mapper you can not be held responsible for the custom content a server admin puts on his server. Your responsibility ends with releasing the pk3. What happens from that point on should not concern you.

Quitting modding/developing for W:ET because someone customizes the appearance of the game to his/her likings is plain irony. If there are any further doubts, simply contact Silvanoshi or any other form of support from SD.

Oh and by the way. Smoking kills :wink:

(Teuthis) #5

that might be true, but here we have the case that the very first post of this map Shows wrong (and ugly) retexturing and Nazi symbols and refers to me as the original source, which is clearly not true and potentially harmful for me. If you modify a map, wouldn’t you rename the map to whatever you want? And being fom Germany and running those symbols on a German Server…, I think you you know that the admins also have a responsibility there too, no (apart from the liability to Show illegal symbols)? I don’t want to make a Hype here but I respectfully do not want me and my work related to stuff that better stays where it belongs to, the history books. If someone customizes other peoples work in a way that is then illegal and refers to someone else as the source of this illegal Content, this is actually a crime itself. I just checked their Server, the map is running in the original Version, which brings me down a lot. However, I respectfully ask to remove the Pictures with the Nazi symbols or clearly emphasize that the Pictures are not from the original author. Then we are all friends. Don’t get me wrong, I do not want to make a Hype or to bring anyone in Trouble. It is not to much of an ask to either remove them or to make clear who is responsible.

(Teuthis) #6

Problem Solved. Pictures are deleted by the Admin. My puls is back to normal, my wife happy.

Thanks to the Admin of wolffiles, nice Guy and very helpful

(huPoo) #7

I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as much reading these forums as I did when I read this topic. :smiley:

(Nail) #8

huPoo

Nazi symbols are a VERY BIG deal in Germany, especially in video games, there’s huge consequences

(Runeforce) #9

As long as it is not running on a server in germany, there are no consequenses. And none to the mapmaker, even if, as he did not include them in the first place. And the game is already technical illegal (for Splash Damage, or anyone else, to distribute) in germany, because it contains depections of nazi propaganda posters. Besides, currently the Bundesamt für Verfassungsschutz is more concerned about returning jihadist fighters from I.S. and neonazis, then an 10+ years old entertainment computergame about nazis and allies battling each other for love and fun.
Teuthis publicly declared and clarified, in this thread and in the readme, that he does not personly approve of the specific changes made to his map (swastikas) by third parties. We can assume he will not file a civil suit, so end of story.

(Teuthis) #10

Actually, I think we’re all aligned. Whereas RTCW is Indeed illegal in Germany due the aforementioned reasons, Wolf-ET is Not as Splashdamage and Activision because of this Reason did Not include such Symbols in the Game. It is correct though that if I Would have Put such Stuff in a Map to exclusively Run this Outside my Country this Would be a different Thing.

(.Chris.) #11

Did you use original game textures? Most likely the person who took the photos was non the wiser, some .pk3s released either as texture packs or within other people’s maps have replacement textures that share the same name as the original ones so they overwrite them and show up in game.

(Teuthis) #12

That might very well be the Case. I Used exclusively original Textures though. Not sure Why People Would do this Stuff as the Chance of getting improved texturing is Zero and the chances of having an ugly Mixture of non-Fitting Textures is 100%.

(Mateos) #13

Adverts, if this hasn’t changed since 2006? :stuck_out_tongue:

(ETJump-Zero) #14

I got a feeling that adding such readme stating that you don’t want swastikas in it probably just encourages some trolls to do it.