[Mod] W:ET Headquarters got released!!!

(acQu) #1

Read more @ModDB

ET Headquarters adds a flexible character customization system to Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. It also adds gameplay changes and rebalances class mechanics. Its core gameplay remains close to vanilla ET.

Provide feedback and bug reports here => http://www.thewolfteam.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewforum.php?34

Be aware that i am the only developer working on this and i won’t have time in next half year (but i still want to improve some things and make it bugfree).

Check out:

• the new command post mechanics
  • the character customization system

Everything is explained in more detail at pictures gallery on ModDB page. Make sure to give it a shot!

(Teuthis) #2

Exciting. Will Test tomorrow. However, if it’s coming from you it Must be awesome :wink:

(acQu) #3

Some words on the character customization system, because this is here where the mod is fairly unique, even todays games with character customization do not have that. Probably because the items are part of their business model or they want to prevent too much customization.

So what you have with this system is FULL CONFIGURABILITY IN CHAR CUSTOMIZATION ITEMS. Please reread that, i have marked the important part in caps :smiley:

There was a character customization pack shipped with this mod. This is just meant to be an example. It is just a selection of items made by myself. Thunder made most of the parts in it + there are some older skins in it, but it is not complete and some parts are buggy. But this is not so important for now. I hope server admins realize the potential with this, because when you have good modellers and skinners in your clan you can create basically what you want.

Just wanted to bring that point across. A system like this is, to my knowledge, is only available in the older dayz mod, where you can script in some vehicles and all that stuff. Just here, you script in your own character customization items. I think that follows the good old tradition of id software and its modding support for the community.

Cheers again
acqu

(spidysense) #4

Any test server running this mod? So my little one’s can enjoy playing around?

(FAQIS) #5

aaahh, really cool to have character customization! I’m very impressed acQu!
something worth to test for server admins :smiley:

(diaboliksmart) #6

This one ?

(spidysense) #7

Thanks Diabolik. Will give it a try on it during weekend :slight_smile:

(Teuthis) #8

I totally Love this Mod. Things like this are the reason Why this game survived more than a decade now whereas others were already dead when Teuthis bought the Installation Disk :slight_smile:

Are there any Public server Running the Mod? I’m curious too but am on a Business Trip Till sunday…

(Mateos) #9

Two posts above yours there’s a server.

(twt_thunder) #10

I just have to make a little reply here.

I have had the pleasure of co-working with acQu on this amazing mod.
The mod has a big potential for lots of things.
And as I see it this is the ultimate FUN mod. With the right pack on server this will be just amazing fun and laughs, really something for the big clans to have a laydback server where people can relax, play and have fun.
I will shortly together with acQu create a example fun pack.

(KeMoN) #11

I had a little test run on the server mentioned above.
First of all could you weaken the bots please? They are honestly insane.

As for the mod, I already provided some feedback via other sources.
: The player in the Barracks menu should always be “alive” and not be shown dead or calling for a medic when the actual player is doing that.
: The Barracks menu should show the player in the correct team and class. I think default is always axis soldier?
: I think there should be an invisible rankicon implemented (to be able to see the custom helmet textures properly) - SKIN PACK RELATED
: The whole skin system is completely buggy. I attached some screenshots. Take a look at the weapons, because when players die, they randomly change their uniform to a different one.
: The player’s face in the HUD should be updated to the current customization. I changed the face texture of my player, but in the HUD it was still the default one.

||EDIT : introduce some kind of zoom and camera/3D functionality in the Barracks menu (to see faces, backs etc)

||SUGGESTION: also make a backpack configuration, so we can also select different backpack models. I know there is a variety of those wandering around

That’s all for now. It would be great if you could organize some kind of event, because playing with (overpowered) bots is boring and annoying.

The mod looks really great and I would love a stable release with multiple customization options etc. I wish you the best of luck!!
Regards

(acQu) #12

Agree.

HAve you checked it. Because this is only after level restart this is happening. During match it will save your last selection and come back to it again once you revisit barracks menu. I will look into that.

A matter of adding a new shader to the pack :slight_smile: This is a problem of skinpack selection, not a matter of the mod itself.

Yes i noticed that as well. It did not happen on my local system, or i just didnt test enough. It affects only corpses, right? Cause the corpse system i had to hack somehow AKA buggy, dirty dirty code :smiley:

[QUOTE=KeMoN;509424]
: The player’s face in the HUD should be updated to the current customization. I changed the face texture of my player, but in the HUD it was still the default one.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely not intended. Very weird indeed. This never happened to me before.

Thanks alot for feedback. I have provided also some feedback thread of things which i want to know about the most, apart from fixing bugs. The thread is over at thewolfteam.

@Thunder: this will be (the fun pack) truly awesome. But no hurry.

Thanks all for feedback. As i told, i will be very restricted in next time period, so maybe some hotfixes will come. But not before until next month (i go to vacation, then rl stuff starts again).

(Mateos) #13

You maybe tested locally but here it seems the server doesn’t sync mod-related data with clients?

(KeMoN) #14

All the feedback I provided is from playing on the dedicated server mentioned above.
The uniform changes are indeed only on corpses (while they are calling for medics everything is still fine)

This might indeed be the case. I normally swap to the Barracks menu only when I’m dead or occasionally have time. The few times might have been the first one in this round. However I think it would be better if you could check a player’s team/class and automatically update the Barracks menu so it also works the first time.

I just remembered one thing I suggested. I added it in the previous post to maintain overview.

Is there any way in which this mod could become compatible with a different mod like NoQuarter? So a server could run NQ and already have all the improvements of that mod and simply introduce the customization functionality as a topping?

(acQu) #15

Ah, that is quite telling.

Normally it should. At least the communication part was that thing i hacked and here is the problem i think. Maybe the data is wrongly encoded, cause i zip and unzip it to get it into an integer. Maybe something here is going wrong.

Only if there is some kind of all star mod (jaymod, nq, etpro goes open source hurray!!!) of whose designers me and thunder will be (and people from wolfteam :D), and all the old modders work under our command :smiley: (haha)

Well, hmm, maybe, as i just said, an all star mod will do. What is that all star mod? Well, jaymod, no quarter, the most recent mods like silent or etnam, and finally etpro: all must go open source :slight_smile: Then i include it into some kind of all star mod for et. I mean, imagine nq has the stuff of etpro, or jaymod and vice versa. I would know exactly what feature i would take from each mod to create a nice fun mod. (ha, that would be cool)

nice to see that you did take your time to make a thread here acQu

I really hope it can be used at populated clan servers in the future.

(ETJump-Zero) #17

Yay! New mods! Always nice :]

(rorgoroth) #18

I don’t play now but watching the video on your moddb page, it looks pretty sweet. I think this kind of mod would compliment NQ very nicely for some extra bling :stuck_out_tongue:

(system) #19

HQ mod looks good! Few tips things in the mod though, some people had missing texture when during animation of running and the ranks on the helmet have missing texture as well. Apart from that great mod and hope it goes well!

(Teuthis) #20

Played on the Server above some Time today. I am Really a Fan of this Mod. Will become Even better if some more clothing options will exist. Clans will for sure jump on this as it is a Great Option for individualization of the Team. I guess also the leagues will Love it. I had some Problems getting connected to the TWT Website to get the questionnaire so this has to wait Till tomorrow then. Anyhow, i Love this Mod, honestly Great job