help with some last glitches

(Teuthis) #1

I’m fighting some last Minute glitches.

• when I run the map I get the warning: can’t find Image for shader textures/NULL. Interstingly there is no Image called NULL used at all. I have a shader called textures but this shader file Comes with the original pak.0 so I don’t dare to mess with this.

• when I load the map the first Limbo camera Shows a wird Picture of the tank. the camera seems to go through several brushes. Problem is that looking judging from where the camera Shows the tank there is no Limbo camera. It is only this first camera and I have no clue of how to Change something that isn’t there.

• the command post and the barrier stuff stuff Shows me in the Radiant the shader not found texture. However, after compiling everything is normal so the textures are finally correct. As some Folks complained about getting a message when running the map that the textures are not found (despite they Show up in game) I wonder whether I can do something here.

apart from this a stupid question. when I pack the new pk3, is it sufficient if I just rename the pk3 file (like teuthonia_final) or do I Need to Change all files in the pk3 as well (like teh script, BSP, Sound, Arena, etc)?

any help is highly appreciated.

(Mateos) #2

NULL is a code variable which means empty: there is maybe a or several surface(s) which doesn’t/don’t have a texture (sounds strange because I expect Radiant to set notex in this case). You could open the .map file as a text file in Notepad++, see how a correct line looks like, and search for an incorrect line with no texture set.

Objective cameras are numbered 1+, and there’s a 0 one which is the default one of the description, when you don’t touch the arrows to see objectives; You probably don’t have a 0 :slight_smile:

It’s like that for everybody, it’s not a problem. Like Oasis sky :slight_smile:

You’ll need to change the BSP name and thus all the files if you want to allow people to run several versions of your map on a single server (or the server will load the most recent one I think, dunno if the PK3 name is considered for loading the maps, but I guess since it is the case for modified assets…). Also if you want separated stats for each version on trackers. 2Bit was just changing the PK3 name, I think it has upset some people.

(TomTom7777) #3

[QUOTE=Mateos;508327]
You’ll need to change the BSP name and thus all the files if you want to allow people to run several versions of your map on a single server (or the server will load the most recent one I think, dunno if the PK3 name is considered for loading the maps, but I guess since it is the case for modified assets…). Also if you want separated stats for each version on trackers. 2Bit was just changing the PK3 name, I think it has upset some people.[/QUOTE]

The filename of the bsp is used in mods like FritzBot ET, such that when 2 versions of a map use the same filename one version will work with the waypoints and one version almost certainly won’t (unless the changes are limited to minor thingss like shaders and textures). In cases like changes in entities in the maps, ET running FritzBot will likely throw a memory error and crash when the map used isn’t the one the waypoints were made for.

(Teuthis) #4
  • the Limbo cam Problem is fixed (thanks to Mateos). Theere really was no cam with objective 0

• the warning with the NULL texture is fixed too. I just too a random Picture, named it NULL and threw it in the Texture Folder.

I see the light of the tunnel. it’s almost done :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #5

Use Omni-Bot then, still maintained and can handle this kind of… issue without crashing a whole game.