New Tournament

(Red.Panda) #1

As I said in the previous topic, current issues in the game is not due to electri-fryer, but because the entire game - the skills of most soldiers do not take advantage of an efficient way, it is difficult to combine with the other weapons to make a difference.

All have made ​​all the arrangements for the team, choosing only men with the skills to support the electri-Fryer. Actually this is making the game slightly boring, because most people have slected fairly similar squad. The most popular choice is the two guns 5 stars (Fryer) as the core, others are supported.

For a change, surely everyone must wait for the update of the developers tweak the game’s features or add soldiers, new weapons to create more diverse tactics.

But right now we can create something a little crazy and funny for the upcoming tournament (of course if it is organized and everyone to join). At least I hope it will create a new atmosphere in the game and temporarily solve tactical problems (within the scope of the tournament only).

And here is my suggestion for the tournament:

1. All matches Will Be 26 points matches

It is very important for later so I thought I needed a little explanation here. If selected all 26 points for the game, meaning players in the team have:

• Minimum of 4 soldiers: 5 + 7 + 7 + 7 = 26 (Captain with 5 points and 3 soldiers with 7 points each person)

• Maximum of 6 soldiers: 4 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 5 + 5 = 26 (Due to game design shall only be allowed to have 6 men in the squad, not more)

2. Players must comply with the new way to choose squad, can not choose freely as before

• Because there is a maximum of six soldiers in one team, we will turn to choose the order as follows.
  • The first soldiers: Captain.
    This is fixed soldier, any squad also have (because the game is designed like that, there is no other choice)

• The 2nd soldiers: both players HAVE the right to choose their own.

• The 3rd soldiers: both 2 players DO NOT HAVE the right to choose for themselves, but the ORGANIZERS will be randomly selected for each player.

(*) The selection is simply a random function performed by the computer, the organizers did not intervene, to avoid bias or cheating.

• The 4th soldiers: both two players DO NOT HAVE the right to choose for themselves, because your OPPONENT will choose, but are limited as follows:

[ul]
[li]The first, system (computer) will randomly select the 2 different soliers of the 17 soldiers present in the game
[/li][li]Your opponent removes 1 of 2 soldiers
[/li][li]The remaining soldier you must use
[/li][/ul]

• The 5th soldiers: both two players HAVE the right to choose for themselves, but are limited as follows:

[ul]
[li]The first, system (computer) will randomly select the 3 different soliers of the 17 soldiers present in the game
[/li][li]Your opponent removes 1 of 3 soldiers
[/li][li]You have the option to use one of the two remaining soldier
[/li][/ul]

• The 6 soldiers: both two players HAVE the right to choose for themselves, but are limited as follows:

[ul]
[li]The first, system (computer) will randomly select a 3 different Class of 4 Class existing games (Commando, Medic, Engineer, Agent)
[/li][li]Your opponent removes 1 of 3 Class
[/li][li]You have the option to use one of the two remaining Class
[/li][li]Next, the system (computer) will randomly select the 3 different soldier of the total number of soldier available in Class player chosen in previous step
[/li][li]Your opponent removes 1 of 3 soldiers
[/li][li]You have the option to use one of the two remaining soldier
[/li][/ul]

3. Select the number of soldiers involved in the battle

• If you join the game with only 4 soldiers:

[ul]
[li]Position 1 is Captain (fixed)
[/li][li]Position 2 corresponds to the 2nd soldier you have selected in the previous step
[/li][li]Position 3 and 4, you have the right to choose 2 of 4 soldiers you chose above (3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th soldier)
[/li][/ul]

• If you join the game with five soldiers are:

[ul]
[li]Position 1 is Captain (fixed)
[/li][li]Position 2, 3 and 4 correspond to the 2nd, 3rd and 4th soldier you have selected in the previous step
[/li][li]Position 5 you have the right to choose one of two remaining soldiers you chose above (5th and 6th soldier)
[/li][/ul]

• If you join the game with 6 soldier, you use the squad has been selected above.

/!\ Note: this point, both player have squad to join game, and it is fixed as registered to the organizers. So when in the real game, both two player just ensure participation list as registered. Arrangements may also change. For example:

Selection of 6 soldiers in step 2 is:

[ol]
[li]Captain
[/li][li]Juan Dacova
[/li][li] Angela Merci
[/li][li]Tito Tesla
[/li][li]Tree Mendes
[/li][li]Archie Fletcher
[/li][/ol]

Selecting the number of soldiers involved are 5 and the final list is:

[ol]
[li]Captain
[/li][li]Juan Dacova
[/li][li]Angela Merci
[/li][li]Tito Tesla
[/li][li]Archie Fletcher
[/li][/ol]

Because arrangements to join the team match is very important. The square just over 1 when the first game started with the reasonable arrangement squad can also bring great advantage to the player. So when have the final list, joining game players can actually rearrange your squad to suit most (eg below).

[ol]
[li]Captain
[/li][li]Tito Tesla
[/li][li]Juan Dacova
[/li][li]Archie Fletcher
[/li][li]Angela Merci
[/li][/ol]

4. The order of selection soldier and benefits selection of maps to play

• The choice soldiers of both 2 player is simultaneously.

For example:

• Captain is the default for both player
  • Player 1 selects soldier for “The 2nd soldier”
  • Player 2 selects soldier for “The 2nd soldier”
  • Player 1 will be randomly selected “The 3rd soldiers “ by systems (computer)
  • Player 2 will be randomly selected “The 3rd soldiers “ by systems (computer)
    … … … …
  • Player 1 have the right to choose map

Because player 2 is always choose later than player 1, choosing suitable soldiers for the suppression to the player 1.

However, the number of acceptable maps will be limited by the organizers to fit the game 26 points
With this new organization, I hope that there will be a lot more tactical players (have to) use. I want to see how players solve problems when joining games rather than bullying weaker players, or just a show of strength squad and tactics that you have used for so long time.

==================================

Also, I think this is also an opportunity to develop better community, not just in this game (RAD Soldiers), but also a new game (Dirty Bomb) by Splash Damage done.

• First, you can see the selection of team- in step 2 I outlined above is complicated, if possible, I hope that Splash Damage will create 1 separate page with appropriate functionality for players to register and participate in new tournament. Having a website for the tournament will be better than posting on the forum.

• Second, the record in the game will be fun and better for the community, as people can participate in review and comment on the game, strategy game. Also making many gameplay videos of the game to other sites (like Youtube) will also help to popularize the game - it’s like marketing.

But the trouble is that many players only play on iOS devices (iPhone, iPad), the record is quite difficult. Splash Damage, If possible there should be a specific guide to players so that they can record gameplay videos.

I’ve introduced the Reflector software, but this software is not free

The second software is Everyplay, it’s free but the manual too troublesome. I have tried search and did not have any video of RAD Soldiers. Does you (Silvanoshi - new Community Manager) can give a specific instruction, or consider that “does Everyplay support record gameplay of RAD Soldiers or not?” Because I read some people’s comments on Google Play, the game needs to be supported by Everyplay, if want record.

• Third, Tournament rewards

Reward tournament could be the Dirty Bomb’s Closed Beta Key or Gift Code can use when officially released Dirty Bomb.

Also the rewards can be skinned iPad RAD Soldiers, like Dirty Bomb. Anyway valuable prizes will attract people participation and more active.

Looking forward to your feedback
Red.Panda

(Mitsid) #2

Great post, Red :slight_smile:
I just have one comment. For me any type tournament would fine, but based on our previous experience and taking into account all the problems we have faced, I am confident that any future Rad Cup should be somehow supported by developers as “ingame feature”. Untill a special “cup mode” is introduced in this game it would be technically possible to organize just small friendly cups with not more then 10 participants.

(Jason110) #3

Hi,red.Sorry for late checking this fantasy idea.But after lots of thought,I suggest you simplify it.
First,as we said ,electri-fryer is OP in this version,but most great players like you will use 2 elecri-frayers,and it can attack two lanes,or make 4-5 shots to single target,that is the point .
Second, this party should consider some new players like me.Cause these babies may not have so many recruits and This is not their fault .
At last , variety is welcome.Maybe the rules can be simplified like this :

6 soldiers:Captain must be 5 star.
5 soldiers:Can only use 1 electri-frayer.
4 soldiers: Whatever you like.

This is all I thought,haha,so easy,didn’t it?

(Jason110) #4

HI,Mitsid dude,found you!
Really sorry for adopt last game.My electri-madame is dead and I can not kill anyone.That means lost to me.When I close the window,I remember your word,bro.
May I add your facebook?Wanna see some really Russian beauties too…:smiley:

(Silvanoshi) #5

Hi Red Panda, this is a pretty cool idea :), we’d love to see another community tournament go online :).

As far as Everyplay integration goes. Basically the tool would need to be built into the RAD Soldiers game itself. There aren’t any plans to do that at this moment in time so I’m afraid that’s not an option right now.

As far as prizes go. The iPad was actually something that Nexon did for Dirty Bomb, we wouldn’t be quite able to do something like that for RAD. It’s quite possible that we could give some coins in RAD though. We’ll have to see once a tournament format has been nailed down.

Good luck guys, can’t wait to see what you come up with :)!

(Red.Panda) #6

Yes, Tournament as ingame feature is great, I hope it’ll come with “save replay” in next version :smiley:

[QUOTE=Jason110;508732]Hi,red.Sorry for late checking this fantasy idea.But after lots of thought,I suggest you simplify it.
First,as we said ,electri-fryer is OP in this version,but most great players like you will use 2 elecri-frayers,and it can attack two lanes,or make 4-5 shots to single target,that is the point .
Second, this party should consider some new players like me.Cause these babies may not have so many recruits and This is not their fault .[/QUOTE]

• First: Electric-Fryer is OP when have suitable support. The most common is Juan Dacova (with Electri-Fryer) and Gus Marx

Ex: (You are Player 1)

• The first soldiers: Captain
  • The 2nd soldiers: You choose Juan (note that, you can actually choose which there is no limit)
    And now, you want Gus Marx
  • The 3rd soldiers: the ORGANIZER will randomly selected for each player. You have ratio is 1/17 to have Gus Marx
  • The 4th and 5th soldiers: Actually, Your opponent selects soldier for you,

[ul]
[li]4th Your opponent removes 1 of 2 soldiers[/li][li]5th Your opponent removes 1 of 3 soldiers[/li][/ul]

Your opponent will remove Gus Marx

• The 6th soldiers:

[ul]
[li]Your opponent removes 1 of 3 Class[/li][/ul]

If he remove Class Medic, you certainly can not have the opportunity to select Gus Marx

/***\ /***\ /***\ /***\ /***\

You see that, the chance to get Gus is very low.
Whether you still use Juan with Fryer, but not have Gus, it would reduce the flexibility of Juan

• Second: issues you mentioned can be solved if it has the support of Splash Damage

SD provided accounts to players, with full soldiers and guns needed for tournament. This accounts managed by Silvanoshi.
When the match was set, he will provide account have soldiers and guns for players. When the game end, he just change password and provide for new match.

Thank you. Now I am planning for suggestions to changes and add more new features to this game. See you soon :slight_smile:

(tsondaboy) #7

How about a campaign style tournament, where you can not use a toon that was killed in the previous round (with the obvious exception of the captain).
Let people have a pool of 1 or max 2 toons of each kind and pick their teams freely.

(g00n) #8

Not sure I like idea of opposition choosing or random by organizer, not all players have all the toons or cloned.

How about a campaign style tournament, where you can not use a toon that was killed in the previous round (with the obvious exception of the captain).
Let people have a pool of 1 or max 2 toons of each kind and pick their teams freely.

I worked out something similar and have been testing it with Jerryrigs (sadly he has lost interest and is to busy to play hope to finish-comeback Jerry if you are reading :slight_smile: )) You will need to do book keeping (great to keep track of stats), I’d use forum thread. I might post thread on it sometime in future which is more for friendly one on one player doing 12 maps (no repeating). Can be adapted for a league type game of upto 10 (any more be nightmare).

I am confident that any future Rad Cup should be somehow supported by developers as “ingame feature”. Untill a special “cup mode” is introduced in this game
I hope so, suggested this in “suggestion thread” and like to see no replay button involved with shorter deadline (2 days rather than 4) .Upto 10 per pool table. Each play 2 games. the top 4 either play pool B (or extra two pools + depending on how many enter in time). If not enough to even pools, subtract pools till even number. Another 2 games each (challenge and going second) best two go to quarter finals or semi depending on number of pools. Top two into final and next two for 3rd and fourth place. Scoring should be different to basic elimination and H&D. Something that counts H&D and surving toons and killed. If built into game Random maps should be done and both players will not know what map is when they choose squad.

I think squad point system will need to be sorted first, they do not treat light and heavy toons advantages to mid range toons.

(Sandman77) #9

Confusing rules

(Coup_de_grace) #10

There should be a tornement specially for Ol’ West style. Only Awuga-6, Dagger, Bat, Otto and other older melee & ammunition system weapons.

(Maadmatt) #11

I’m with Sandman about the confusing rules. Also I’m not sure of how the logistics would work or be administered.

I like Jason110’s rules/setup, simple but has the effect of stopping people overusing and abusing the Electri-frayer. Which is the point right? Push people into changing up their squad and tactics.

Another solution would be for the developers to just make the Electri-frayer 6 squad points. That would be my preferred option.