2nd Bankdoor entrance and Script mover

(Teuthis) #1

I’m scratching my Head about the Second Bank Door entrance of goldrush. The Walls of the hole on the backside are a scriptmover and also have an Origin which is a scriptmover. The entry of this entity is just scriptname Bank_door2_damaged and targetname bank_door2_damaged.

When I now use this setup i get the error Message That the scriptmover needs to have a Model. Anyone has idea how to fix this?

(twt_thunder) #2

scriptmover and also have an Origin which is a scriptmover

Yea? shouldnt all scriptmovers have an origin??

(phisherman) #3

Not necessarily.

http://games.chruker.dk/enemy_territory/entities.php?action=show_entity&entity_name=script_mover

An origin brush is needed only if a model is supposed to be attached to the entity, for example if it’s supposed to be a vehicle. The script_mover would be the invisible clip, the “model2” key specifies the model to attach to the clip and the origin brush specifies where exactly. The middle of the cube will be set as the model’s origin, hence the name.

A script_mover without a model, for example a solid sliding door, doesn’t need an origin brush. So maybe, if your mover contains an origin brush, the engine requires you to also set the “model2” key or it will print your error message. If you don’t need a model, try deleting the origin brush.

Also, make sure the mover and the origin key are part of the same entity, not two separate entities with the same name. You can check this in your map editor, by selecting a brush of an entity and then choosing ‘Select entire entity’ or something like that. This should select both your mover AND your origin brush.

(Mateos) #4

If the wall is just supposed to be there on map load then disappear, it could be turned into a func_static; setstate works on it.

(twt_thunder) #5

I agree with Mateos here, simple and good solution. you can also have target_explosion for effect on it. you can alertentity on them in script

(Teuthis) #6

phisherman nailed it. I had an origin not connected to the entity.
big thanks to you all