Chrome Version Hangs

(Coup_de_grace) #1

Ive transition from iSO to Chrome for my RAD soldiers game play for a long time now, but what i find dissatisfactory is that Chrome version commonly hangs when trying to load maps. Its not specific maps either. Randomly freezes that really slows down my turns.

(g00n) #2

I used to get this so badly that I have to restart the whole game cause of freeze a few months ago. A turn would take some time to do when I gave up after 5 goes and waited a period. It improved slightly and rarely I would get problem, but tonight (now) Ive loaded game 3x due to this problem

(tinker) #3

I don’t actually have any of the problems
did you send a support request on warchest.com ?
they answer there sooner on such problems than in the forum

is your chrome up-to-date ?
any other latency problems?
the computer good enough?

with friendly regards
me

(g00n) #4

aye I did way back when it started. Forgot what they said, but something about doing it next time they update…
I have a mac.

(Silvanoshi) #5

It would be interesting to learn what kind of system specifications your computers have. Are you familiar with the interenals of computer hardward?

(Coup_de_grace) #6

Im using a Windows 8.1 32bit, i cant update chrome but it should be pretty recent since i downloaded chrome for install 2 weeks ago. Its a Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Even back when i played RAD on my Mac the map hangs happens. Thou not quite as often as what i am facing now. More than half the time only the 1st map loads without problem. The second fails quite often. Then i would hv to restart. This problem happens only in Online Games. Offline works fine. If the loading circle revolves too smooth; i groan, cause its gonna hang :stuck_out_tongue:

(Silvanoshi) #7

[QUOTE=Coup_de_grace;508204]Im using a Windows 8.1 32bit, i cant update chrome but it should be pretty recent since i downloaded chrome for install 2 weeks ago. Its a Version 36.0.1985.143 m

Even back when i played RAD on my Mac the map hangs happens. Thou not quite as often as what i am facing now. More than half the time only the 1st map loads without problem. The second fails quite often. Then i would hv to restart. This problem happens only in Online Games. Offline works fine. If the loading circle revolves too smooth; i groan, cause its gonna hang :P[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting. What kind of internet connection are you playing on?

(Coup_de_grace) #8

Well standard WiFi connection. I dint realize dial-up still existed. (Humor intended :P)

(Silvanoshi) #9

Wifi could be the cause of the problem if you’re experiencing quite a bit of packet loss. Would you be able to test this with a wired (ethernet) internet connection?

(Coup_de_grace) #10

Hmmm… i see, i assumed it was a software problem. Since my wifi line is known to have stability issues, let me try over the week on cable line and i’ll feedback to you. Thanks!

(Silvanoshi) #11

It would be great to hear how that works out. Good luck :)!

(harryroy97) #12

What Chrome version you are using for play games ?

(g00n) #13

dosnt exist anymore. Those who have still on their computer can only do the maps vs Comp, no online multiplayer-sucks