Invitation: Custom Public evening hosted by TAW EU

(Chronicler) #1

Hello people!

Seems like our server admin managed to fix our custom public server a while back, he just forgot to tell me about it.

So what we want to do is to try and take over from Nirvana and host regular custom map evenings, dates and times are not yet decided and I’m open to suggestions, I was thinking of a poll but was unsure on how to create one.

Our first date now for a custom public evening will be thursday 21st August at 21 GMT, meaning this thursday, to see if anyone shows up. In the future after this we will probably do it friday-saturday-sunday or around there if that is preferable to people. A secondary date will probably be this sunday, which would be the 24th of August, also 21 GMT, not confirmed yet though. Tomorrow tuesday I will try to run the custom public during our spin up 20 GMT - 21 GMT, but official start is 21st August as said. I hope to see you all there! (TAW EU Abundance Custom Public).

Additional information on how to best download maps, on config and what we will be playing:

How to download maps
We will most likely run objective/stopwatch mode when playing, since our server is set up so that you download all maps when it’s in campaign mode, but in objective mode you just download that particular map and are thus able to join the server pretty quickly.

It’s possible to download from the Custom Public server, but it’s slow if there are people on the server, it also causes lag for those on the server if people try to download when they play. When there are not gaming on custom public it will be set to campaign as default, so that people can always download from it.

Another good way to download the maps automatically is from another server, such as TAW EU Abundance TA1 or TA2, password is “download”.

Now one thing you need to know about these massive downloads, the loader can’t show all the files at the same time, so it will only show the first 14-15 or so, so now and then it will fail, usually it’s at the last file, all your download progress is saved however and it’s just to restart it and keep restarting until you are on the server. If you get a corrupt map file just find that particular map, delete it, and download it again.

If you want to do a manual download message me.

Your config
The game will not be base mod so you will need to transfer your config, your key settings etc, easiest way to do this is to go on a base mod (vanilla public) server, open the console (cntrl+alt+tilde key), and write “writeConfig blabla.cfg” then go on our custom public, open console again and write “exec blabla.cfg”.

Maps we will be playing and other future alternatives (open to suggestions)
With suggestions I mean what to be played on thursday/sunday etc, and any extra mods people might want to play. Suggestions can be made when we play as well :).

Maps:

1. Meltdown
  2. The Tower
  3. Retake of the Andes
  4. Construction Site
  5. Back to Siwa Oasis
  6. Sabotage
  7. Radar
  8. Commlink
  9. Canal
  10. Steedium Mines
  11. Arctic Assault
  12. Maridia
  13. Estate
  14. Free Spirit City
  15. ATW3 (Nightraid)
  16. Glory of the Weak
  17. Brinstar Alpha
  18. Retake of the Forums
  19. Base

If smaller teams:
20. Sky
21. Abusir
22. Team Jungle (maybe, our version seem to be broken)
23. Facility
24. DC

Alternative maps:
Baserace (very fun)
Battlestrogg Galactica (flying only)
Tourian (flying only)
Santorini (unbalanced)

I’m sure there are maps I forgot to add to this list

If there is anyone wanting we might also try running mods like promod/tamod, bracemod, duskmod, tribal wars, wheels of war etc.

Hope to hear suggestions and hope to see you ingame!

(alphabeta) #2

This is great news! Thanks for the hard work.

(Runeforce) #3

Yep. Kudos to the TAW QW staff!

(Kl3ppy) #4

Good luck with it, but I have some doubts if the few pub players still playing ETQW want to play custom maps.

(Chronicler) #5

That’s why it’s good TAW EU is hosting on sundays, we can get on the server and then others can just fill up :). Usually when we play custom maps on our private events we are currently around 11 vs 11 up to 14 vs 14 usually. Sunday will be interesting I hope :).

(Silvanoshi) #6

Neat event. We’ll have to give your Sunday get-together a bit of a push on Facebook :).

Have fun everyone :)!

(Chronicler) #7

We had a successful custom public evening, which lasted for 3 hours, from 21 GMT. Much fun guys! Hopefully I will see all of you again on sunday starting 21 GMT! (24th August).

(Chronicler) #8

Another evening over, 20 players all in all on a 24 slot server and we had fun :slight_smile:

We played for 1.5 hours.

Next event will most likely be Saturday 30th August!

(Chronicler) #9

We had another random custom public evening tonight (26th), played for over an hour, 10 vs 10. Fun!

On tuesdays and sundays during our spin-up TAW EU will probably try to run the custom public around 20 - 21 GMT.

Next event though is saturday 30th August at 21 GMT! So be there!

(Silvanoshi) #10

[QUOTE=Chronicler;508650]We had another random custom public evening tonight (26th), played for over an hour, 10 vs 10. Fun!

On tuesdays and sundays during our spin-up TAW EU will probably try to run the custom public around 20 - 21 GMT.

Next event though is saturday 30th August at 21 GMT! So be there![/QUOTE]

Saturday you say?

Couldn’t pop a message up last time as there were other issues being dealt with. But will get one up for Sat :)!

(Chronicler) #11

[QUOTE=Silvanoshi;508761]Saturday you say?

Couldn’t pop a message up last time as there were other issues being dealt with. But will get one up for Sat :)![/QUOTE]

Would be great! Thanks. Maybe we can at least get some people back playing :slight_smile:

(TAW_NiSt) #12

I’m on it! As usual :slight_smile:

(Chronicler) #13

Another custom public evening over!

Unfortunately interest was low, we played for over 2 hours but mostly 4vs4

I think tuesdays and sundays between 20 - 21 GMT we will probably get custom public server up in the future, just before our own events, so be there then!

(Chronicler) #14

If anyone that is non-TAW is interested in a custom public evening just tell me and I will organize one! :slight_smile:

(Chronicler) #15

All TAW EUs events will be optional during the remainder of this year.

If less than 24 people show up for our events I will do them on our custom public server, anyone that wants to play is welcome to join in,
so look out for this if you want to play some custom, the 21st, 23rd, 28th and the 30th is our next events, sometime after 21 GMT when we have gotten started.

Anyone is ofc also free to join our events as a guest :), msg me for more info about that.