help wanted: need lua script, will pay cash $$$ money

(NovaPrime) #1

I am looking for a lua script that will auto-redirect players causing way more headshots and/or smg damage than all other players to a more advanced skills server (or as close to this idea as possible).

I get these players on my server once in a while that literally clean house and make all the players leave, they are that “good”. I hate accusing people of haxing, and having to spec these guys, but at the end of the day my many players are more important that that one “really good” player making people leave.

So I would like a lua script that can redirect advance players to an advanced server IP, and log them out of my beginner server automatically. Its fair, and just, to send them to a server that has players with similar playing skills imo.

Anyway, I have a 9-5 job and kids to feed and no time to learn how to script lua. So I will pay the first dude that can make or find me a reliable script that works. There is no need to make the script public, it can be sent to only me if desired.

Thanks in Advance!

(phisherman) #2

This sounds interesting. Having had a server myself some years ago, what you described was a frequent problem. I think it’s worthy of you to handle this with a fixed algorithm that will treat all players equally rather than randomly banning people who you feel are too good for the average player. I will look into this and see how far I can get. However, I think the accuracy is not accessible with lua, we might have to base this on damage per minute or something like that.

If I succeed, I will post the script here. As I said though, I can’t tell at this point if a reliable algorithm can be based on what lua allows me to do. I’ll start this weekend. I will keep you updated.

// Note to self: This script from antman.info seems like something worth going through: “Script to auto-kick players achieving improbable amounts of damage given (covert-ops only) by McSteve”

On an unrelated note: I don’t know what mod you are using, but for me, turning off self-heal reliably kept the fraggers away and people even went for the objective rather than kills.

(Micha) #3

Hm I remember ACpro lua which checks kills and stuff if I remember right.
http://wolfenstein-city.4players.de/nc/wet-data/mods/action/show-details-for-download/category/et-mods/download/acpro-21//element/101/

You could use this as basic. I think redirecting isn’t possible but you could create a database of each player with k/d and time he do kills. Blackout the better players screen and spam a text like: Go to the pro server ip.

(NovaPrime) #4

thanks for script, but wondering if it requires only etpro? in this script, i’m not seeing the damage control portion, maybe I am overlooking it

QUOTE “we might have to base this on damage per minute or something like that”

That is fine if you think that is all that could be done. I think I saw a script like this but only for sniper. Maybe this can be edited for smg? and/or headshots? and/or KDR?

I like the idea of black players screen, and spam, but to make it say “sorry, you are over-qualified for this server”

(NovaPrime) #5

any luck?

ps
possible to convert ACpro to work with etpub?

(phisherman) #6

I looked through the entity fields yesterday and sess.aWeaponStats looked promising, storing total atts, hits, kills, deaths and headshots of a player. However, it seems this field is buggy in the current releases of etpro, etpub and noquarter. The remaining fields give only rudimentary information: Kills & Deaths, the weapon of each kill (but not each hit) and the amount of inflicted damage. Headshot count is not directly accessible, only indirectly through inflicted/received damage. I might be able to calculate the accuracy through some workarounds, but I’m not sure. It seems this is all that is possible with the etpro lua api. Now would be a good time to know what mod and version you are using.

What will be the outcome of all this: A script that will check a player’s K/D ratio, damage_inflicted/damage_received ratio and maybe accuracy for a customizable amount of time (for example 5 minutes). After this time passed, the script will check if a player’s ratio is XX% better than the average player’s ratio and issue a warning that they might be overqualified for the server. After X warnings, the player is dropped and redirected to another server.

Desirable would be a weapon whitelist, to prevent e.g. artillery kills from getting a player dropped. Not sure how to implement this though, as like I said, the api will only tell me the weapon of a kill, not of each individual hit.

I’ll see how far I will get with this during the next days.

(Micha) #7

What about
“sess.deaths” - the amount of deaths
“sess.kills” - the amount of kills this player has made

and silent:
“sess.kstreak” - the killing spree
“sess.dstreak” - the death spree

(phisherman) #8

[QUOTE=Micha;507881]What about […][/QUOTE]Yes, that indeed is what we might be left with, along with a few others.

Ok, to keep you updated: I have started working on the script, this is what it will do: Analyze a player’s K/D ratio with the possibility to ignore kills made with certain weapons (like artillery or landmines), the damage_received/damage_given ratio and the spree ratio.

I’ll keep fiddling, don’t know when it will be finished. However, I am actively working on it, so shouldn’t take too long.

(NovaPrime) #9

etpub 1.0

I guess I should note, it should only redirect the player if they are both acquiring really large sprees/acc/headshots (any combination) but in addition if they are above a certain threshold. Otherwise, what I think will happen is the best player on the server will always get kicked which would be unfair. And I suppose it would make sense not to count against omnibots if possible, bots can be easy to kill and rack up kills/stats. Instructions for server owners on how to turn up/down the threshold would be nice if possible.

And thanks for your help with this!

(Micha) #10

Pheno replied after I mentioned that the sess.aWeaponStats may be buggy.
http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/topic/13566-new-etpub-build-2014-08-20/?p=135543

EDIT

Let him know that he must run a server build of revision 521 or higher (https://subversion.assembla.com/svn/etpub/trunk/?p=521).

(phisherman) #11

Just finished the script, find it here.

It took me longer than I had originally thought, this is due to the fact that with every feature I added, more eventualities and exceptions had to be taken into account and so the final script is a lot heavier than I thought it would be. I hope it will do what you requested.

If there are any bug reports, questions or feature requests, here I am.

//Btw: Micha was right about redirecting players to another server, it’s not possible with the ETpro lua api.

(NovaPrime) #12

I just notice your response. Thank you very much for all the hard work! I am going to load this soon and start testing. I am a bit busy now, but I will be back to let you know for sure

(system) #13

NovaPrime have you got xfire? I’ll add you.

(NovaPrime) #14

Well the script loads with no errors, I verified that much. I have not seen any kicks or warnings yet, but maybe the settings need to be adjusted or nobody good has logged on the server recently.

@impulsive, no don’t have one at the moment, I had one but rarely used it, but feel free to PM me any time

(KeMoN) #15

[QUOTE=NovaPrime;509712]Well the script loads with no errors, I verified that much. I have not seen any kicks or warnings yet, but maybe the settings need to be adjusted or nobody good has logged on the server recently.
[/QUOTE]

10chars…