Can we search in a Map for specific Textures ?

(Teuthis) #1

[

QUOTE]WARNING: shader ‘textures/common/caulk’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
WARNING: textures/common/camera not present in any supported image format
WARNING: Couldn’t find image for shader textures/common/camera
WARNING: shader ‘textures/common/camera’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
WARNING: textures/common/camera not present in any supported image format
WARNING: Couldn’t find image for shader textures/common/camera
WARNING: shader ‘textures/common/camera’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
WARNING: textures/radiant/notex not present in any supported image format
WARNING: Couldn’t find image for shader textures/radiant/notex
WARNING: shader ‘textures/radiant/notex’ has lightmap but no lightmap stage!
WARNING: textures/radiant/notex not present in any supported image format

I wanna fix some bugs in my Map and receive These Warnings. Aparently I have accidentally some brushfaces with an unwanted Texture (like Common/Camera or radiant/Notex). Is there a Chance to search in the Map for These Textures so that I can find the Brushes That Carry These wrong Textures?

(Mateos) #2

In the Textures menu you have a Find / Replace… function; Don’t use the regular texture menu after selecting the faces through this function, it may crash Radiant. At least it always did for me on several computers ^^’

Edit: If it’s not exactly what you’re looking for, you can open the MAP file like a text file in an editor and do a Find there (CTRL + F).

(ChimTea) #3

If you use clipper tool and you have the notex selected you will have that texture on the side you just clipped.
So the tip I give you is: go to preferences § Settings -> clipper, and enable ‘Clipper Tool uses caulk’

(Mateos) #4

In 1.6 this behavior can be modified to always caulk in the settings fyi sxweet :slight_smile:

(Teuthis) #5

Clipper Tool uses calk from Day 1

(Mateos) #6

Not always, it depends if your brush is already textured: sometimes it uses that texture on the cut side. That’s why this option has been added in the settings of the 1.6.

(Loffy) #7

I understand that you have plenty of brushes with that texture.

Here is a tip for those other situations, when you only have a few brushes (with that specific texture that you are looking for):
a) Select one side, with the texture in question. (Shift + Ctrl + left-mouse button.)
b) Press Shift + A (to select all brushes with that specific texture).
c) Press I (to invert).
d) Press H (to hide).

Now you only see those few brushes with that specific texture that you were looking for.
e) Further, at this stage you can repeat step a & b, if you want. This will highlight all these brushes, which is great if they are very small and spread out over the entire map and thus hard too see otherwise.

I use this technique when I want to select and show a certan type of brush, for example all the origin brushes or similar.