Just signed up to the forum, and recently applied for a beta key.

(CPippin) #1

I was wondering what has been the standard wait time for a key once many of you applied? I’m not going to ask anyone for a key, I’ll wait my turn. I’m just curious what the turn around time has been.

I played a lot of W:ET back from it’s beginning and really enjoy the gameplay. I’ve often questioned why more companies do not go more team/objective based gameplay/modes. I worked for a large game company that made a AAA FPS game and I tried to contact that group to push them for a game mode similar to how Enemy Territory played but it fell on deaf ears. I’m glad that this game is being developed, it’s a breath of fresh air to someone like myself who puts objectives being achieved over kill death ratio and mindless ADD respawn, shoot and die, rinse repeat.

I’m looking extremely forward to testing out this game and purchasing it when it’s released.

(Mustang) #2

There isn’t really a standard wait, the keys are given out in waves of several hundred when they feel like its a good time to get a lot of new players in and hammer the servers for a while, AFAIK the waves of key handouts have been suspended for the foreseeable future.

Also you won’t need to purchase it on release, it will be free.

(Silvanoshi) #3

CPippin, one of the best ways to get a key at the moment is to check the beta key thread here on the forum to see if any of the many kind souls in our community have popped some in there.

Mustang’s correct, it’ll likely be a bit of a wait until the next wave of keys goes live; but if you’ve in North America/Europe, you should sign up for the beta at www.dirtybombgame.com anyway :).

(CPippin) #4

I signed up for the beta the other day. If I went through the beta key thread, how would I know which ones have been taken? Are people just messaged the keys when they ask for them?

(Silvanoshi) #5

The best and only way to tell would be to go to http://games.nexon.net/nexonlauncher/ and download the launcher. Once signed into the launcher, you can redeem a key, assuming it hasn’t been used.

All of the keys currently in the thread have probably been used, but you should try you luck with the most recent. If they’ve all been redeemed, make sure to keep a close eye on the forum for any keys that may be posted over the coming days.