New Map release: Teuthonia

(Teuthis) #1

after the pk3 packing Problem is fixed, I actually had a bug in the pk3 Generator, I think it’s time to let this Baby fly. I’m not 100% happy with some light entities but other than that I think it’s time to get an Impression whether or not this was worth the effort or not.

as mentioned before I tried to give the map a Little goldrush spin so if you notice some GR Flair that is no coincidence :cool:

comments welcome, criticism too :wink:

size of pk3 is 5.5Mb

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49813220/teuthonia.pk3

(twt_thunder) #2

Nice work Teuthis!

Getting a good goldrush feeling here :smiley:

Goes straight on server when I am done configuring it :slight_smile:
(Just have to make some bad waypoints first :smiley: :smiley: )

EDIT:
Download mirror:
http://www.thewolfteam.org/download.php?view.177

(Micha) #3

Looks nice so far :slight_smile:

(acQu) #4

Truck escape is nice and long, i like this :slight_smile:

(Teuthis) #5

Yeah, that’s why I Skipped the Truck barriers. I wanted to give it a Try to See if the gameplay favours no Truck barriers. If One will be required I’m happy to change it if Necessary.

Maybe One always gets a bit picky with Ones Own work but what bugs me a Little Are some light entities. Lightning is Really an Art and I’m obviously a Day Sky Mapper :wink:

Also some Func explosives don’t work. Interestingly they work when I devmap the Map. I hear the explosions but can’t see Them. Interesting as it Works nice in devmap Mode.

(FAQIS) #6

Hehe, you’ve worked hard on this man!

I will ask at dark alchemy if they can put it at a1 so it can be tested with real players and not only bots, becouse this map really deserves it

• 1 point Teuthis

Just a random question: how did you get your name?
Maybe a little bit off topic sorry :confused:

(Teuthis) #7

You mean the Name Teuthis? It comes from the Giant Squid Architeuthis. With his 10 Arms it reminded me on myself Sitting in Front of my Keyboard playing ET :wink:

(Teuthis) #8

You mean the Name Teuthis? It comes from the Giant Squid Architeuthis. With his 8 Arms it reminded me on myself Sitting in Front of my Keyboard playing ET :wink:

(FAQIS) #9

Hehe, nice :smiley:

(ChimTea) #10

Found some spots and things that you should go over first.

Here you see the terrain not touching the wall, probably because of that trim :wink:

If you stand on top of the truck it will stop moving, I recommend making the trigger brush a little higher.

Since your map will have a tank as objective, I wouldn’t place this one so close to the spawn.

The warning is given because if you ride around with the tank, you hear that the tank has passed the first, second barrier. You will have to remove the part of the script where its saying that. Explanation, ET is looking for an entity from the script thats not in the map. So maybe you will add it later, or you can remove the scriptpart.

I had a map that people called too big, a lot of open areas etc etc. From what my experience is, people might say the same thing here. You might want to edit a little. But you don’t have to for me just cause I say so :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also try to add the info_limbo_camera with an info_notnull for targeting to the next release

I hope this was usefull.

Kind regards and keep up the work!

(Teuthis) #11

Here you see the terrain not touching the wall, probably because of that trim :wink:

will fix this one but I’d like to first wait till more suggestions come up shortly

If you stand on top of the truck it will stop moving, I recommend making the trigger brush a little higher.

good point. will be fixed

Since your map will have a tank as objective, I wouldn’t place this one so close to the spawn.

this tank was actually placed there to give the impression that the allies infiltrated the city using this tank. hope it doesn’t bother people to much. would like to leave it there.

The warning is given because if you ride around with the tank, you hear that the tank has passed the first, second barrier. You will have to remove the part of the script where its saying that. Explanation, ET is looking for an entity from the script thats not in the map. So maybe you will add it later, or you can remove the scriptpart.

also this was done on purpose as I first would like to wait whether the gameplay favors no truck barriers. If this is the case I will modify the script accordingly. If I need to add truck barriers I have already everything I need in the script.

I had a map that people called too big, a lot of open areas etc etc. From what my experience is, people might say the same thing here. You might want to edit a little. But you don’t have to for me just cause I say so :stuck_out_tongue:

I actually don’t think that there are big open areas but if people come up with this concern I’m happy to modify the map a little.

You can also try to add the info_limbo_camera with an info_notnull for targeting to the next release

will be done

I hope this was useful.
yes it was

Kind regards and keep up the work![/QUOTE]

thanks. appreciate you took the time

(Micha) #12

this tank was actually placed there to give the impression that the allies infiltrated the city using this tank. hope it doesn’t bother people to much. would like to leave it there.

Maybe add smoke to the tank in the tunnel.

(Mateos) #13

If it doesn’t have a health bar nor a HUD hint it should be clear enough, like on Radar?

(.Chris.) #14

Still, why aren’t they using that tank they just used to get into this area? Just doesn’t make much sense and can lead to confusion for new players.

(Micha) #15

You could say: tank could just shoot from bridge at the gate. Why it needs to move all the way down there? Why isn’t dyno enough for the wooden door?

Just let the tank look damaged. Allies needs to get new and take the axis one^^

(FAQIS) #16

Correction: they need to steal a new tank from the axis…

Jagdpanther = german tank

Please! The tank in the tunnel is skinned for forest battle, not desert

Just reskin it and make it look very damaged in the next version

And maybe use the africa churchill from oasis?

(Teuthis) #17

I will modify the Tank in the next update. Will give the Map a damaged Tank Model with smoke etc.

Would like to See the Map in Action to See whether the gameplay is ok or whether we Need a Truck Barrier. Can Someone give an ip address Where the Map Runs?

(Mateos) #18

Fired up the map today, when you see its location, I don’t think it would be the best road to get somewhere ^^’ Plus no icon for it on the Command Map while the Jagd has one. I just don’t get how this can cause confusion, but that’s my point of view ^^

Some shader errors and setstate called on nothing, but already reported :slight_smile:

Nice to clip door steps, so players aren’t stuck.

Layout and design awesome. Lighting too :slight_smile: Just a square at a constructible which is cut texture and lighting wise from around it.

If you want screens about what I said, just ask :smiley:

Some edges, where you have stairs, would need borders maybe: there’s an area with nice concrete borders while 2 others have nothing.

Edit: The room with the Europe map, you can rotate the panel (90°), fit the texture, and rotate the panel again to have it well oriented; Also this room has quite a high lighting ^^’

(Teuthis) #19

thanks to you all, these are all very valuable comments and info. I’m happy to make all requested changes. I suggest to wait some more days to collect all comments and suggestions. Importantly, I wanted to know whether people in general like this map or whether it’s just a waste of time to come up with an updated version. I would love to see the map in action myself as I have some questions which I can’t answer by devmap the map:

most importantly:

• does the gameplay favor that there are no truck barriers or do we need one, e.g. at the end of the tunnel?
  • are there any places that are too open and where I need to modify the landscape?
  • are the health/ammo cabinets and the command post placed adequately and are they both equally reachable/defendable by both teams?
  • are the spawn times adequate?
  • is the tank in adequate distance to both spawns so that 1.) defending the tank is not too easy and not too difficult and 2.) that the tank is not too difficult and not too easy to capture (especially when the first tunnel door is open)?
  • are there any Fps looses when many people are on the map?
  • is the landscape realistic or do I need to make modifications?
    is the big tunnel where the truck goes through ok?
  • are the spawns (especially Axis spawn 2) secured enough to prevent spawnkilling

if someone could give me an ip address of a server where the map runs, this would make my life much easier.

(Micha) #20

I run around on your map like 30 minutes. Some areas are big with not stuff on it. Like Tank place. You could try to place boxes or a garden like goldrush has in front of bank. Just some things to hide so you don’t get fragged to fast.

I hadn’t a chance to test gameplay yet but I don’t see much need of the cave you can unlock. Also I think it can be really hard to get into bank. Much cornors to hide as axis and just 1 way to get gold.

The overall design looks nice, maybe add some smaller hills on big areas so it’s not just flat (I mean like oasis uses).