Pk3 Problem

(Teuthis) #1

I have a wierd Problem. When I create the Pk3, either Manually or with a pk3 Generator i have no Problems Generation the pk3. However, when I Paste the file into the etmain Folder the Map doesn’t Apear in the Game Menue. Did the compression Maybe Caused this?anyone experienced this as well?

Ehm, yeh:

Well that the map doesnt appear can be caused by 2 reasons:

1 you got a lot of maps and the list ET show in host-game menu happen to be 2 short, the strange thing is that earlier characters in the alphabet disappears first. Like: adlernest braundorf bremen (and thats bad becouse they are best)

2 you dont know that you need an .arena file, and I’m nearly suprised…

The arena file got some stuff in it like:

shortname “bspname”
longname “theutis not yet released map”

If youre unsure how to create this file, then look at the 6 original maps

The bspname.arena file should be placed in the script folder with the shaders in the pk3 and it contains the story of the map.

Good luck!

(WuTangH) #3

/devmap works or not?

(Teuthis) #4

Devmap Works.

@ ove: the Arena file is in Place. I have all files i Need and I checkend also Otter pk3 files. I have all I Need :wink:

(Teuthis) #5

Must be a compression Thing. When I randomly pick a Working pk3 and zip it, then Rename it to the Same Name pk3 I get the Same Problem. The new pk3 does Not Apear in the Menue. Maybe the compression Mode Skews up the file?

I of Course have all files I Need including the Arena. I can also see that the Arena Works when I devmap the Map.

Check so the pk3 not is named bspname.pk3.zip

If not, try another zip program
A bonus using total commander is that you can see directly if its named bspname.pk3.zip…

I use totalcommander to open and handle with files but Ive customized it so it compressing files with 7zip I guess (dont really remember)
Total commander dont need registration, but each time you start it without reg it will state that you should click at one of 3 buttons.

I guess winrar was the pk3s father?
Or winzip?

But 7zip should work btw

(Micha) #7

I noticed the same problem with thunders’ “apocalypse_city_v1” map. It’s not shown in then ingame vote map list (not much maps on the server).
Arena file seems fine there too.

(ailmanki) #8

Which game menu are you talking about?
Host a Game? campaign mode or objective or lms? Or maybe ingame vote menu?
If you can load the map with devmap, then compression has nothing todo with it. Unless you are still testing the map in your mapping enviroment with sv_pure 0, and having the map actually in structure.

[QUOTE=Micha;506465]I noticed the same problem with thunders’ “apocalypse_city_v1” map. It’s not shown in then ingame vote map list (not much maps on the server).
Arena file seems fine there too.[/QUOTE]

The map did appear when I tested it locally, but since its first letter is not uppercase, it will be later in list.

(twt_thunder) #9

I used the pk3 creator this time… Maybe thats it?

probably go back to the good old pakscape?

http://www.thewolfteam.org/download.php?view.44

(Teuthis) #10

I Mean when I Host Game and then either Way, Single Map objektive or lms, the Map just doesn’t Apear in the Menue. Interestingly I see the Same Problem with any Other pk3 when I make a zip out of it, unpack it, repack it to zip and change it to pk3. So it is Not restricted to my Own files.

Will Try pakscape.

Tranks to you both :wink:

(Mateos) #11

Do you have the visibility of extensions enabled?