blending problem

(Teuthis) #1

one of the last things that prevent me from releasing the map is that blending of a cave Roof doesn’t work in all spots. In fact in some Areas it works nice but directly next to those Areas where it works there are spots where it doesn’t work. Can it be that the Problem is that the curves are the Problem and that the connectiobn Points of the brushes always have to fall on 1 Point. All blending in th erest of the map works fine. it’s just those places where I made the cave walls look rocky and uneven in shape and form.

(Teuthis) #2

problem solved. vertical blending requires a different shader as horizontal blending. made a tiny test map and there it works fine now.

(stealth6) #3

I was going to say that, but your post implied that the rest of the area was working, just these few spots :smiley:

(FAQIS) #4

Did you gave the shader nonplanar? :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #5

nonPlanar is the one to use when nothing else works ^^’ I say this on experience

And it’s only for lighting afaik, to avoid en edgy looking

(stealth6) #6

Doesn’t nonplanar only affect lighting?

(FAQIS) #7

Hmm…???

Nonplanar = ???

I dont know thats why I asked lol…
The problem i guess teuthis had is that blend textures usualy get printed in one dimension…
Sky to ground and then they getting very stretched at vertical surfaces.

About shadows am I not knowing that mouch lol
I simply use shaderangle 180 and enjoy the heavy pong I get…

(Mateos) #8

Phong shading* and about nonPlanar:
http://robotrenegade.com/q3map2/docs/shader_manual/q3map-global-directives.html#q3map_nonPlanar