Renaissance Heroes :Skill,Movements,DB comparasion

(rookie1) #1

By coincidence I came on this game (now gone)
I saw some similarities with DB movements and speed .
And again by coincidence I saw that Pixeltwitch did a gameplay video on it and was a God like player at it :tongue:
Why were you so good at it Pixel (and other were saying its was an hard game )can you compare it to DB in some ways ?

The trailer
The gameplay/interface ect…
Pixel Awesome Game play

(PixelTwitch) #2

[QUOTE=rookie1;504088]By coincidence I came on this game (now gone)
I saw some similarities with DB movements and speed .
And again by coincidence I saw that Pixeltwitch did a gameplay video on it and was a God like player at it :tongue:
Why were you so good at it Pixel (and other were saying its was an hard game )can you compare it to DB in some ways ?

The trailer
The gameplay/interface ect…
Pixel Awesome Game play[/QUOTE]

Actually the gameplay in that video was the first time I had played the game. I had just seen it on the steam front page so thought I should upload something on it. So I would certainly not consider myself a great player on it.

The game itself is pretty basic…

As fast as the game looks in the videos its actually a lot slower then DB.

The reason I was good at it is quite simple…
I come from instagib so my core aim skills are quite high (so good for the crossbow) and I played Left 4 Dead for a long time so I was ok with the basic tracking. The main reason however is that I got the hp and armor pickups when I needed them and also used the items to pull players towards me. Overall, I enjoyed the game for the short time I played (about 2 days) but it just never had enough depth.

The same goes for Dirty Bomb however I do plan to focus content on it and its really the only reason why I am still here at the moment. Dirty Bombs only real required skill is tracking aim and if you can do it you will win. While I can track because of games like left 4 dead since the update (where guns got more accurate) I hit less. This is due to my skill being putting the crosshair around something quickly. (because in higher spread games pin point accuracy is not really that important) I should be able to get much better at DB in time but right now I am fighting off frustrations and major poor performance in game (I have played games at 40fps that feel smoother then DB at 200)

(rookie1) #3

Thanks for this ^^ Pixel

SD should look how this F2P Game turned out experience .This game ended so soon !!
It was Great looking game and many cool things in it .I even downloaded the turk version to try it offline …but wasnt working no more.
Not My type of genre but would I had like see it more of it.

Some says the marketing team didnt do the job,the Items to buy was over prices ,poured too much money into the game and barely got any back…
Some says …Loved that game ,unique lots of fun …ect
So why servers went empty ??

Tbh Im scare that one thing similar can happend to DB.
The ways F2P get their revenues is not enought imo .There has to be someways different and appealing
DB Marketing Team you have to work hard to find lucrative ways to get money from DB.
Mb selling figurines once a while ,Have ppl pay for More but non necessary cool addons .
Offer Things outside the game itself mb.And Offline mode mb if ever the game die there always be a way to play it and be modding .
Good luck ! :slight_smile:

(Protekt1) #4

Renaissance heroes was a pretty crappy game imo. I’m not surprised that the game is shut down.

Jesus those guys in that video are bad at the game. It is like playing against bots on easy mode lol.

(rookie1) #5

[QUOTE=Protekt1;504142]Renaissance heroes was a pretty crappy game imo. I’m not surprised that the game is shut down.

Jesus those guys in that video are bad at the game. It is like playing against bots on easy mode lol.[/QUOTE]

For Me this game was looking pretty good on many points …and for many also by reading YT comments
If i didnt know I would had thought DB and RH were done by the same Studio
Listen this guy playing he has lot of fun