Recording Software.

(Jesus) #1

Hey do you know a recording software that record in backgrounds all the time and only saves when i want to ?
I can do it with the W10 game bar i just play and when i want to keep the last moment i press some hotkey and it saves the 30 last second or the last minute of gameplay only. Until now i was doing it with the gamebar but W10 being W10 this shit is super buggy and it often tells im not playing so it cant record or such bullshit. Anyone knows of a software who can do that ?

(Pacmikey) #2

Nvidia shadowplay is what you want, but you need a GTX 700 series or higher to use it.

(kibloy) #3

If you have an AMD card (or Intel, for whatever reason), the equivalent would be Raptr.

(Amerika) #4

It’s actually a GTX 650 or higher that has hardware that allows you to use Nvidia Shadowplay. It allows you to DVR up to the last 20 minutes at 1080p, 60fps and at 5000 or 6000 bit rate. It can do 4k recording but I’m not sure at what frame rate. Also, you don’t even know it’s on as it has pretty much zero impact on your system. By default you just hit alt+f10 and it dumps whatever it has recorded to a video file that is encoded in h.264 which is what YT uses so the transcode times there are pretty quick after upload with minimal loss.

But yeah, AMD has hardware built into their newer cards too. And then there is recording software like DXTory, OBS and Playclaw and a number of others that have that feature. However, those can have an impact on your system performance (OBS does allow you to use NVENC Shadowplay though).