Boycott this xenophobic game!

(Pedro-NF) #1

As much as I love Splash Damage for having given us Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, the best multiplayer FPS ever, they have made a deadly mistake when they choose this xenophobic way of publishing their new game. That is simply unnacceptable in this day and age, with crowdfunding et al.

I’m currently located in Brazil and I run an ET server hosted in NY, a geographically central location with good pings for players from all over the Americas and Europe. I have 4 major groups of players: Americans (as in from the USA), Canadians, South Americans and Europeans. I would never play a region locked game that would stop me from playing with my friends from all over the world.

That being said, I will be actively campaigning against Xenophobic Bomb (Extraction is no doubt a more appropriate name for this Nazi-friendly game), which will include running paid advertising on social networks urging people to boycott the game.

Anyone who supports this game is also actively promoting xenophobia, and as far as I’m concerned, may go rot in hell.

(Rex) #2

So what is the problem now? Can you explain without going insane?

(Nail) #3

you advertise cheats on your site, rot in hell

btw, learn the meaning of words before you use them asshat

(Mustang) #4

Not entirely true, seems more like a poor troll attempt.

(Nail) #5

w/e
he;s also lying about Canadians, his site traffic shows none

(Rex) #6

Probably just a dumb troll…

(Nail) #7

it runs an xp-save turd burglar server and has no concept what xenophobia means, so he/she/it certainly isn’t smart
but giving red stars is fun

(Mustang) #8

Not sure why we have to be so hostile, he’s clearly asking for open borders between the different publishers.

(Silvanoshi) #9

Hello there Pedro-NF,

I appreciate that you’re not a fan of multiple publishers across the various regions, however I’m going to have to ask you to present your feedback in a more appropriate manner. Stating that the game, or even the publishing approach, is xenophobic is factually incorrect. Fear/hatred/distaste were not driving factors behind our publishers decision. We’ve partnered with the publishers that can provide the strongest publishing, customer and community support in each of their respective regions

Each of the publishers have their own area of expertise when it comes to territory deployments. We want to ensure that we have the right publishers with the right area of expertise, for each location. There isn’t one single publisher that offers that, and so we have chosen to go multi-pub route.

Normally I would like to try and tweak the original post so that disscussion could continue, however the xenophobic idea is so deeply engrained in the post that I can’t do that with vastly changing the thread. As such, we’ve had to close it.

Please feel free to create a new thread that addresses your key concerns, in which we can discuss the topic in a slightly more constructive manner :).

Thanks
Silvanoshi