Meet Silvanoshi, your new Community Manager

(badman) #1

Hey gang,

For many weeks, we scoured the corners and crevices of the internet for the right person to take the community management wheel here at Splash, and we’re pleased to report that our search is over. Yay!

Please give a warm welcome to Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy, your shiny new community manager. We kidnapped stole hired him from UbiSoft where he community-managed the just-launched Ghost Recon Phantoms, and he’s also worked on a whole bunch of other games, including Tera, Lords of Ultima, and Battlefield Play4Free.

Before that, Silvanoshi was involved with TWL, where he ran the Left 4 Dead 2 ladder and co-admin’d Call of Duty 4. To top it off, Silvanoshi’s a huge fan of our past and present work, and also brings with him an unhealthy obsession with League of Legends and all things eSports.

Suffice to say, Silvanoshi is passionate about gaming and brings with him a wealth of experience we think is going to be massively helpful as we hurtle towards Dirty Bomb’s launch in a semi-controlled manner.

Enough blabber from me. Expect to see Silvanoshi all over the boards to take stock of things and find out more about what we can do for all of you. Do go easy on him as he settles in (but not too easy!). :slight_smile:

Over to you, Silvanoshi!

(Silvanoshi) #2

Crouched low behind the EV, Redeye took a moment to steady his nerves as he slid his M14’s trusty magazine into position and chambered another round. Automatic fire continued to rain down around him, throwing concrete and dirt into the air. 15 seconds, that’s all that Proxy needed to finish repairing the EV; 15 seconds that did not exist.

Opposition forces were closing in fast…Redeye was determined to find that much needed time…whether he lived or died was of little consequence, he would happily die for the greater good…for his team.

With one final breath, Redeye popped some smoke, activated his IR goggle, stepped out from behind the EV, levelled his rifle, and-BOOOOM!!!

Hello there Splash Damage soldiers, my name is Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy, and as Badman has already mentioned, I’m Splash Damage’s new Community Manager. I’ve been charged with the unenviable task of trying to fill Badman’s shoes. He has done a ton of great work for the community, and I’m sure that he’s going to continue to pull off fantastical feats of sorcery for Splash Damage in the new role that he recently took charge of. Thanks for all of the hard work to date Badman!

Now, let me tell you a little bit about what I want to do as Splash Damage’s CM. Open and clear communication has long been an important pillar of the way that I try to build and run communities. As such, I’ll be looking to continuously improve the levels of communication between you guys and the dev teams here in the studio. I aim to keep you informed, and the dev teams up to speed with the latest feedback that you’re giving us about our games.

I’ll also be looking to get some interesting contests and events up and running; all the while helping out with, and promoting, the excellent community initiatives that some of you are already running. Again, if you have any feedback or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to let me know what you’d like to see.

With much of the work related content out of the way, this seems like the perfect time to tell you a little bit about myself. I’m an easy-going*lad from the Emerald Isle who has been managing gaming communities for many a year. I enjoy bringing the awesome work that communities do to wider gaming audiences, reading, long walks on the bea-…erh…hrrmmfff…I mean…erh…moving on…

As Badman has mentioned, I’ve worked on a wide array of titles previously, with shooters being one of my key areas of interest. As such, I have a fair bit of experience to pull from both in terms of what to do…and what not to do…. I’ll probably be trying to focus slightly more on the former rather than the latter :wink: :p.

Moving on to my gaming background, I grew up playing PC shooters, and was involved in the running of many a league, ladder and tournament. I’ve quite the soft spot for high level competitive play, as well as competition targeted at slightly more relaxed clans, and so I can’t wait to see what we can get rolling with the various titles that we have going here :).

Music is another medium that plays a large role in my life, I would love to find out what kind of music you folks listen to. I like to think that I’m open to anything, but generally find myself being drawn back to the soothing lullabies of modern metal, particularly that of the groove and rhythmically varied variety. I’ve been digging quite a bit of Tesseract lately, and am a big fan of bands such as Gojira, Meshuggah, Cult of Luna, The Ocean, Russian Circles, and the like.

Now that I’m done with that wall of text, I would love to learn a little bit more about each of you. I’m afraid that I don’t quite of the time to search through the forum for each of you intros, so if you fancy telling me a little bit about yourself and why you’ve chosen to spend your much valued time with us, please feel free to go ahead and do so in a response below.

I very much look forward to working with each and every one of you. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy

*Toward all of those you abide by game and forum rules, and aren’t abusive toward their fellow community members…otherwise the banhammer starts swinging fast and quick >:D!

(PixelTwitch) #3

welcome good sir :slight_smile:

I myself make videos on YouTube and will be focusing on Dirty Bomb at launch with guides, match casts and much more. So my view on these forums is a little different to most of the people around here and I get my fair share of flak for it. The reason I am giving feedback is in the hope of making the game better to watch… Viewers most of the time are also players so I am more about trying to find solutions that work in both low end public matches and high end competitive… However, its not going so well… Seems some people don’t understand the word “Compromise”.

BOOM!
Be sure to jump on for some games soon!

(Mustang) #4

Welcome Silvanoshi, live long and prosper.

(Silvanoshi) #5

[QUOTE=PixelTwitch;503124]welcome good sir :slight_smile:

I myself make videos on YouTube and will be focusing on Dirty Bomb at launch with guides, match casts and much more. So my view on these forums is a little different to most of the people around here and I get my fair share of flak for it. The reason I am giving feedback is in the hope of making the game better to watch… Viewers most of the time are also players so I am more about trying to find solutions that work in both low end public matches and high end competitive… However, its not going so well… Seems some people don’t understand the word “Compromise”.

BOOM!
Be sure to jump on for some games soon![/QUOTE]
I too am fond of the idea of making a title as enjoyable to watch as possible. In an ideal world I would like to see even uninitiated gamers being able to enjoy watching high level competition in our games :)!

You too good sir.

(amazinglarry) #6

Welcome, Silvanoshi - good to have you on board!

(Silvanoshi) #7

Thank you!

(retsy) #8

congrats, and welcome :stroggtapir:

(Seanza) #9

Welcome Chris!

(FireWorks) #10

Welcome to the Community!

Dont want to give it much weight, but I cant get around to ask: Where did you grow up? Where did you live before SD? How old are you? :slight_smile:

(FAQIS) #11

Congratz!

I really hope our new community manager find the nice feeling in this big community
Welcome to our do!
(but hum… Im not that old here to write that :wink: )

(MrLego) #12

Welcome aboard Chris!

(Silvanoshi) #13

[QUOTE=FireWorks;503211]Welcome to the Community!

Dont want to give it much weight, but I cant get around to ask: Where did you grow up? Where did you live before SD? How old are you? :)[/QUOTE]

It’s all good, as long as you don’t become a stalker :p. I grew up in Dublin and Waterford in Ireland where I had many a fine evening drinking eating potatoes and drinking Guinness.

From Waterford, I moved to Berlin where I had more than my fair share of excellent currywursts, and then on to Paris wherein which I partook in daily baguette duels in the middle of the street. Now I’m in Bromley in England, and having a blast working here at Splash Damage…although I’ve yet to find the local food related activity just yet. I’m 25 with the heart of an 80 year old (thanks currywursts!).

Now that I’ve provided you with the infrastructure, I expect to see a biography written about me by the end of the week :P.

[QUOTE=FAQIS;503232]Congratz!

I really hope our new community manager find the nice feeling in this big community
Welcome to our do!
(but hum… Im not that old here to write that :wink: )[/QUOTE]
I’ve been a member of SD’s community for quite some time before signing up, so I already know how awesome it is. I’ve worked with quite a few in my time and the SD community is certainly at the top .

(Salteh) #14

O hai! Welcome!
:slight_smile:

(Silvanoshi) #15

Why thank you good sir…it’s always nice to receive a word from Salteh!

(Salteh) #16

woo!

I hardly have any time to spend on the interwebs nowadays, but I do still visit the SD web and forums sometimes! :wink:

(Dormamu) #17

Hi Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy, welcome
You know the old saying: work like you need the money, dance like no one’s watching, and swing dat banhamer like there’s no tomorrow. :smiley:
GL in your mighty quest for epic mug.

(Silvanoshi) #18

[QUOTE=Dormamu;509585]Hi Chris “Silvanoshi” Murphy, welcome
You know the old saying: work like you need the money, dance like no one’s watching, and swing dat banhamer like there’s no tomorrow. :smiley:
GL in your mighty quest for epic mug.[/QUOTE]

Heheh, thanks very much mate! Although I do hope that I won’t need to swing my hammer too much ;).

(spookify) #19

I didnt even know these forums existed outside of the DB Founders Forums. :penguin:

Never to late to say welcome! HAHAHA!!!

(Silvanoshi) #20

[QUOTE=spookify;509728]I didnt even know these forums existed outside of the DB Founders Forums. :penguin:

Never to late to say welcome! HAHAHA!!![/QUOTE]

Oh wow…a whole new world lays before you :wink: !

And thanks for the warm, albeit belated, welcome :P.