Night Maps via pk3?

(Micha) #1

Hello, is it possible and how to turn different maps into night with just creating a script/shader or something and put it in a pk3?
I know it’s possible to force some cvars to make it darker but I don’t like this way.

Additional I would like to know if the same is possible with fog?

(Mateos) #2

You’d need to alter the BSP file, with modifying and importing the lightmaps; As for fog, dunno if you can dynamically alter the worldspawn, and it would be already featured in some maps…

(FAQIS) #3

Idea: make a new folder like: michasNightClub

Like a mod (!)

Then take the .script files and overwrite them via the mod
And add a remapshader for the sky in each map :slight_smile:

Recompile the maps with lower light intensity and put the folders for the shadow tga(s) in the map folder
(pk3, okey im confusing)

And then we got a new mod: Micha’s night club :smiley:

Please add trowing knifes and adrenaline + molotov cocktail and motorsaw + poison gas + mp34 and ppsh-41 and BAR

:smiley: (you must have a BAR :slight_smile: otherwise: no nightclub? :D)

(twt_thunder) #4

[QUOTE=FAQIS;502509]
:smiley: (you must have a BAR :slight_smile: otherwise: no nightclub? :D)[/QUOTE]

hehehe…nice one :slight_smile:

(Mateos) #5

I think Micha does not want to decompilate and recompile each map to make a Night version…

(ailmanki) #6

You could just photoshop the lightmaps, then edit the fog shader. No need to recompile.
Although there is some light information compiled into the map, those lighting up the non static models.

Edit: you could probably even modify the lightmaps when loading them inside the code. But that is surely quite difficult.

(Mateos) #7

[QUOTE=ailmanki;502572]You could just photoshop the lightmaps, then edit the fog shader. No need to recompile.
Although there is some light information compiled into the map, those lighting up the non static models.

Edit: you could probably even modify the lightmaps when loading them inside the code. But that is surely quite difficult.[/QUOTE]

A recent ET:L commit does this, because r2 was too shiny. May help :slight_smile:

(Crytiqal) #8

Any word on ET:Live beta testing?

(Micha) #9

Please stay on topic Crytiqal.

I had the idea to turn maps into night and add fog for my infected mod. Would give a better ambiente :slight_smile:
Editing all maps is to much work for this.

Forcing r_zfar, r_gamma or any cvar isn’t a nice solution.

I will redownload eastfront mod. I remember they had a fog pk3.

(Dragonji) #10

Offtopic…