Voted Commentary Games

(tinker) #1

Hey guys

people seem to want more videos- and possibly WITH commentary.

So I thought it would be time to make a seperat thread for exactly that.

What we need : A commentator, who watches the video uploads , pauses at the end of each turn and does some commentary on the possible moves, on the moves done before, the overall situation… - I think you get the idea. [I’d do it myself but my voice has absolutly no flare - and I can’t find any functioning micro.

People playing on Chrome (so at the PC or Laptop ?!) or people who have other methods (on ipad,ipod,iphone…) to Record the moves.

You - people to play with/against and to vote/ask for the games that YOU want to see.
You ask/vote for the things you want to see - Characters, Maps, Setups, Players
And “We” will try to make that happen.

Write down your ideas, offer yourself for one of the “jobs”

Please note- I can’t make this Solo, this would rather be some sort of community-work
So please don’t be unpatient and nag on a single person
this will only be going fast if many players offer their work

• and if we work together.

(g00n) #2

After doing some research especially when red panda gave suggestions for use on ipad/ipod, which for me I have no idea how to work :confused: :o :tongue:
I dont like buying stuff unless truly believe it is needed and used often.

For all Mac users I found out the quicktime player has Screen recording.
So when I saw this I actually have a reason to use program [I use VLC better for all types of formats]
Application Folder->Quicktime Player->File->New Screen Recording
The sad thing it dosnt record the sound!
until
I found this software FREE called Soundflower

Once you do the downloading and launching, restart computer and click open. read the text docs for more info. When you click on it leaves a sunflower type looking icon top right in your finder menu.
Click icon and a box drops down Use Audio setup to set to Sunflower (2ch) and also change in top of dropbox from none to built-in-output (default is none). Once you done this go to:
System Preference->Sound->Output->Sunflower (2ch) (should show if loaded) You may have to return setting back if you use skype etc. I experimented a few times till it worked so totally either fluked this or nailed it.

Now you are ready to go back to Quicktime Player (steps above)
a small box turns up on your left top screen, click the down pointed arrow and change to Sunflower (2ch). Once done this open rad soldiers on chrome and get ready to record.
Recording will set up a circle with square icon in centre displayed in finder menu top right of screen-this is where you turn it off. Clicking it off makes it enlarge and you have a choice to save in Documents or elsewhere.

Using imovies( free on your computer or other movie editing software) you can probably edit video and add audio of commentary…something i’ll figure out when I decide to try it out next game.
Audacity (free) or Garageband can be used to record commentary and both can change your voice (I also have a dull monotone for commentary) ive used Audacity to sound like a girl (speeding up voice and then putting it back to normal speed or vice versa to deepen). Garageband has something simillar need to experiment.

using commentary and an editing software for your movie will be very time consuming (especially learning new programs at same time) than just slapping video up. You either passionate, nutty, inspired to have a go or ALL of these. It is a good project to place hobby/interest (eg RAD soldiers) in the learning process to discover more ways to use your computer.
Hope that is any use.
I be interested to see any results and may slap one up myself.