Gore, or no gore?

(.FROST.) #1

I know we already had this topic, but that was way before it was actually implemented in the game. My opinion is, blood; yes, gore; no. I just don’t feel, that it adds anything to the game. DB has not become cooler, because it’s there now and it doesn’t look funny either; like in Loadout. I even don’t like it in Loadout over the long run. It’s funny in the trailers and when you just see it occassinally, but if you play this game on a regular basis it’s way too much imo; though I think you can switch off entirely there.

That was/is also something I disliked in Mortal Kombat. I’m ok with the fatalities, the overall brutality and that your char gets visibly effed up in a match, but they just went crazy with the blood and you can’t switch it off. In a regular match it’s still kinda ok, but still too much, but when you go into training mode and you try every possible shenanigans on your dummy opponent he’ll end up drenched in blood, from head to toe, it looks really stupid and gets hella annoying over time. It kinda over rides the whole design coolness of the game and I hope SD is not going in that direction. I don’t need body parts flying around to be happy.

Blood spatters and a juicy sound when you hit a guy, is perfectly enough to satisfy my need for brutality.

(modded) #2

Blood on walls is useful, but bleh, Loadout level gore is way too over-the-top.

(Scarhand) #3

Don’t need anything eating up my FPS

Gore doesn’t seem like it would fit the graphic design style anyway

(Ch4mpixx) #4

I love the exploding head and body :smiley:

(Smooth) #5

It will be an option for users eventually. Will have a ‘low gore’ setting to keep people happy :slight_smile:

(onYn) #6

Options are great :slight_smile:

(tokamak) #7

Dirty Bomb’s mutilation with minimal blood is just weird right now.

(BrightIs) #8

The inconvenient truth is that there should be a setting so players can change the level of gore, from zero, low, medium and psychopathic levels.

(.FROST.) #9

Yeah, looks like well hung meat from Leatherface’s pantry.

(Bangtastic) #10

Like this :slight_smile: old but gold
//youtu.be/mB6fq9Aadwk

(.FROST.) #11

Just saw this one***. As much as I love fighting games, especially Mortal Kombat, but that degree of violence is just crazy. It’s fun seing it a couple times in a movie/CGI trailer, or something you won’t watch tenthousand times in a row, but especially in a competetive game, that you’d play over and over again, I think it’s really getting boring after a while, to a point where it will just be outright annoying.

Glad to hear from Smooth, that there will be a gore-off switch in DB. Again, I’m by NO(!) means against violence and gore in VGs, but in a competetive game(as opposed to a SP only game) I just want to be able to switch it off when I have enough of it. But since that already seems to be a confirmed option at one point, this thread here has almost become redundant, lol :wink:

//youtu.be/oFNDnUYvsTo

(Christophicus) #12

Head of nail, meet Mr Hammer.

(Mustang) #13

I like the kind of gore where there are limbs flying all over the place with blood and guts on the walls and ceilings, but not the kind that splatters on my “screen” so I can’t see whats going on.

We already got ragdolls, giblets and downed animations <3 never thought these three would be possible all together, now we just need a bit more blood spurting and some sound effects.

Although I would like to see the sniper headoffshot looking a bit more realistic, it’s a bit Tom&Jerry right now.

(AssortedStuff) #14

Should be an option in the settings. “Problem” solved! Many games do it that way.
On a personal note I don’t think gore adds anything either. But many people don’t feel the same way and I think it should be available for those (if the devs are so inclined to include it of course).

(mortis) #15

You’ll be cool if you vote for moderate gore. Better overall, IMO. Of course since I played Ut99 for years, I’m a hypocrite!

(Ashog) #16

As soon as the whole Gore package doesn’t include that anti-global warming nonsense, it’s okay :slight_smile:

(stealth6) #17

The poll has decided! More gore!

(.FROST.) #18

Mhmm, clever, very clever :cool:

This is not a democracy, stealth6 :tongue:. Aside from that, Smooth has already kinda confirmed that everyone will get just as much gore as he pleases, by simply implementing a “gore-bar”.

But then again, maybe it was just a bit of sarcasm from your side :confused:

(tokamak) #19

If it does then I’ll send it as a gift.

(RasteRayzeR) #20

The mortal combat is too violent imo. I like the DB as is. It’s fun to see the limbs fly all over the place and there is not too much blood either. I like it, a bit arcadish