preview of my shortly coming Map Teuthonia

(Teuthis) #1

since my script is now fully functional I think it’s time to throw some Pictures from my current Project out. I still Need to work on the lightening as well as on the Portals. other than that it Looks quite neat. the map is called Teuthonia (what a coincidence) and has quite similar strategy as goldrush. Also the gameplay itself is made to give a Little goldrush Flair. Think when you see it in Action you will know what I mean.

here the pics

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/49813220/Neuer%20Ordner.rar

(Magic) #2

Looking good Teuthis - a goldrush feeling sounds good - my all time favorite :slight_smile:

(Micha) #3

Looks nice. I see 76 fps on some screens. Is it stable map or some areas with fps loose?
Looking forward to play it :slight_smile:

(Teuthis) #4

Thanks. Map runs stable 125FPS. I have an ET version installed only for mapping to not mess up my real installation. I forgot to set the com_maxfps to 125 in the first pictures. Reason why I wanted a goldrush feeling is multiple: the map file is open source, I think goldrush is one of if not the most popular map and because I am not smart enough to write the whole script without copy/paste from the mother script. What I really like is the gameplay. I think if you share my favor for goldrush you will not get around of liking the gameplay here as well. I have not set any portals or hints but the map runs stable 125 FPS. Tells me that this is also going to fly on slower computer at the end.

(Mateos) #5

There is an option in the settings to take JPG screenshots instead of TGA btw ^^’

I guess you haven’t set yet an ambient lighting value in the worldspawn? You should, to avoid black places :slight_smile:

I see you’ve already done the command map, nice :smiley:

(Teuthis) #6

Thanks for the hint Mateos, indeed I haven’t set the ambient light. Command map needs to be redone as I made massive changes after I did it some month back

(Teuthis) #7

Can’t find the option to take the screenies as JPG :frowning:

Btw, setting the ambient light decreased the BSP from 14.1 to 13.0 MB :slight_smile:

(Micha) #8

seta cg_useScreenshotJPEG “1”

Isn’t it this one?

(Mateos) #9

Options > Game > Miscellaneous > Use JPEG for Autoscreenshots for the UI.

(Teuthis) #10

here some more recent pictures as jpg. I need probably another week to release the map. Just tiny things left. Need e.g. to adjust the sound effects and need to time some func_explosives to match my battlefield sound etc. other than that I’m quite happy about the result.

(Teuthis) #11

here some more recent pictures as jpg. I need probably another week to release the map. Just tiny things left. Need e.g. to adjust the sound effects and need to time some func_explosives to match my battlefield sound etc. other than that I’m quite happy about the result.

(Teuthis) #12

uhh I somehow got lost in Action. here some more pics

(FAQIS) #13

Its not cool…

-Its genius baby!

(stealth6) #14

I suggest to either swap the skybox texture to day or turn down the lighting to about half. It looks really odd now. Or maybe use more light entities instead of using a high ambient value?

I think the odd effect is mostly the lack of dark shadows & the street level looks just as bright as the upper part of the building. Normally the upper part of a building would be lit by the moon so darker + blueish tint and street level would be brighter, but yellowish tint from lights.

(Teuthis) #15

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try. If i change to a day skybox, I’m afraid the many lightened windows and light entities make no much sense anymore.will try to change the lightening first

(WuTangH) #16

To me it seems that mounds on 2nd and 5th picture are too high for streets terrain… but its just detail :smiley:
The map looks really nice!

(Teuthis) #17

the major buildings you are referring to are the same height as in Goldrush so I think that the picture is just not the most optimal to judge. If the impression persists after testing it I am more than happy to make adjustments.

(WuTangH) #18

I meant those small hills on streets… buildings are great!

(Mateos) #19

It could be the wind, but that would need some mathematical modeling to know where these variations should be :stuck_out_tongue: Also, it can be seen the other way round: the middle of the street see more passage and thus, if not paved, will be “dig” a bit more than the sides.

I tried to find a relevant picture, but failed; Anyway this article could help:

Here you can see the sand even getting inside human built structures.

(ailmanki) #20

[QUOTE=Mateos;504656]It could be the wind, but that would need some mathematical modeling to know where these variations should be :stuck_out_tongue: Also, it can be seen the other way round: the middle of the street see more passage and thus, if not paved, will be “dig” a bit more than the sides.

I tried to find a relevant picture, but failed; Anyway this article could help:

Here you can see the sand even getting inside human built structures.[/QUOTE]

Amazing pictures! wow!