Super low fps

(tom0902000) #1

so i tried to revisit wolf et yesterday, but i found my fps in game is extremely low, like 5-6, especially in outdoor environment. I’ve set everything to low and disabled punkbuster, still the same

Spec
I5 3470
8Gb ram
HD 7850 2GB
Win7 64bit

(system) #2

And let me guess? You don’t have windows updates on!

Download all the updates and recommended updates and then come back if theres a problem still. Also keep checking for updates every time you download new ones so you can get the process done quicker.

(tom0902000) #3

[QUOTE=impulsive96;500288]And let me guess? You don’t have windows updates on!

Download all the updates and recommended updates and then come back if theres a problem still. Also keep checking for updates every time you download new ones so you can get the process done quicker.[/QUOTE]

it is not the problem of updates

(diaboliksmart) #4

It seems that setting

r_primitives 2
solve problem for ATI video-cards.
Try it and give us feedback xD

(tom0902000) #5

[QUOTE=diaboliksmart;500305]It seems that setting solve problem for ATI video-cards.
Try it and give us feedback xD[/QUOTE]
thanks, but that does nothing

(stealth6) #6

I think you should try google for “enemy territory ati low fps”, maybe there is a solution for you. I found this:

1. Open Catalyst Control Center (right mouse click on Desktop)
  2. Go to a tab called “3D”
  3. Then go to the option called “Catalyst A.I.”
  4. Make sure the checkbox is unchecked
  5. Move the slider to “Standard”
  6. That’s all

I had an ATI card (7+ years ago so maybe not applicable), but I also had problems with ET and it was some settings in Catalyst control.

(system) #7

The problem is the updates? Have you got them turned on? I guess you haven’t.

Updates install most of the newest drivers for your mother board. Well if you don’t want to install updates nothing else can help you and it doesn’t matter about trying to change settings on your graphics because its the mother boards chipset that is causing the lag. Also windows 7 is unstable without updates so I advise again switch on updates and your problems solved.

(Dragonji) #8

Impossible.

Make sure that you:

1. Connect to a server.
  2. Execute /seta r_primitives 2 in the console.
  3. Execute /vid_restart.

The problem is with post-HD4xxx Radeon graphic cards.

(stealth6) #9

[QUOTE=impulsive96;500330]The problem is the updates? Have you got them turned on? I guess you haven’t.

Updates install most of the newest drivers for your mother board. Well if you don’t want to install updates nothing else can help you and it doesn’t matter about trying to change settings on your graphics because its the mother boards chipset that is causing the lag. Also windows 7 is unstable without updates so I advise again switch on updates and your problems solved.[/QUOTE]

Windows update only works for popular hardware devices. I don’t think it does motherboard drivers, normally you install those once after you’ve installed windows and then forget about it. Windows 7 is probably the most stable version of windows atm for gaming. I don’t think installing windows updates will have any effect on just W:ET. If it’s a problem with windows then you’d have trouble with all of your games and possibly other software too (maybe even windows itself - thinking of windows aero).

Of course it is good practice to install updates, but I don’t think that is the cause of low FPS in W:ET.

(Mateos) #10

And sometimes Windows Update downloads the wrong driver. Just avoid it.

(Gir) #11

I also have terrible performance on my AMD Radeon … Quake 3 and RTCW does not have these issues oddly enough.

(Gir) #12

If any coders interested in improving GL performance, contribute here .

(Mateos) #13

Or ET:Legacy.

(Dragonji) #14

[QUOTE=Gir;500803]If any coders interested in improving GL performance, contribute here .

https://github.com/LasagnaPie/Enemy-Territory[/QUOTE]
Already in progress: https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/tree/master/src/renderer2