Continuation of my feedback post on nexon forums.

(fubar) #1

Since we’ve seemingly abandoned the nexon forums, and I personally haven’t played the game in a while, I was curious if there’s been any update or changes to the huge list of concerns I and few others have had, over on the nexon board. I plan on playing a few more games this upcoming weekend and will very likely, gradually, update this post.

http://forums.nexon.net/showthread.php?1027682-General-feedback-and-rough-impressions-of-the-game

Note, these are my personal opinions towards the current state of the game and impressions gathered from a few drafts/public matches. I’m not setting anything in stone here, if you’ve got suggestions or would like to add your own feedback feel free to. Maybe you’ve got a different view or a better idea as to how some of these issues could be addressed, I’m not very creative in that regard and feel that old features that have countless of times proven to be working shouldn’t be disregarded as a “you’re trying too hard for this game to become X or Y”.
Also English not being my native tongue, I tend to ramble a lot as I find it difficult to articulate myself in a coherent and satisfying manner, this wall of text may not be for the easily distracted or excessive grammar nazis among you.

Annoyances, bugs, issues general feedback with the current state of Extraction. Client release v26863

Healing, Medic Packs and Health Regeneration:

• Global health regeneration seems counter-productive, there’s no real reason for a person to be reliant of a medic if he chooses to play a slower paced game and sits idle for a few seconds in order to get his health back up.
    There should be no health regeneration other than on supportive classes, which, in this case are Medics. Not only does this force a more team oriented game onto players, as medics become a necessity, other than just a bonus, but players are required to work together.
    As of right now, for the most part I play nothing but Skyhammer, fully aware of my ability to rambo just as much, if not better, than any medic class in the game. I have health regen for whenever I drop low and need to hide out a bit, I got a better gun, I’ve got airstrikes… and I can supply myself with ammo, I have everything the medic has and more.
  • Medic Packs are weird. I’m not overly fond of them being regenerative, a static amount of health per pack (I suppose this should also apply to ammo boxes), would allow for more aggressive type of plays, also fit the current pace of the game more effectively.
    Additionally, there appears to be a bug (intentional?) with the healing of a medic pack, if you’re being fired at whilst receiving a healing the effect stops, which in a way makes sense, but yet again forces the game into a more camping oriented environment. If it’s fast paced gameplay you’re aiming for, having to AVOID firefights awaiting your health to regenerate is slightly contradictory.
    Also I believe in the current game ammo packs are… slightly overpowered, I can throw 3 with near to no recharge time, which restock your ammunition capacity entirely. Given the format of this game, I’d suggest either having the recharge hastened, a lot, or change the way they behave.
    I believe people already have too much ammunition to begin with and respawns add no real benefit to the gameplay other than to re-organize. But a single person being able to keep 4 players and himself fully stocked on ammunition at all times seems little broken. Changing this up slightly will, yet again, focus on a more team oriented play, lessen the amount of solo stomping and allow for additional features such as ammo pickup or weapon pickups from corpses.
    Also, spawns become way, way more important, staying on full becomes more of a risk as well as you’ll be faced with running out of ammo entirely and having to rely on your pistol or aforementioned pick ups.

Iron Sights, Damage modifier, spread and general shooting:

• Iron Sights themselves, as of right now, seem useless. The minimal increase in accuracy they provide over the penalty of having your movement slowed, as well as vision impaired is simply not worth it.
    This could be addressed by either increasing hipfire spread and recoil, a complete visual overhaul of the iron sights (ie. Battlefield3/4 sights such as “Reflex”, “Coyote” or “Kobra”) as unlockable attachments or… a variation of both. I personally love the fact that I can hipfire consistently, but if you’re going to have iron sights in the game at the very least make them useful.
    Or, ultimately, remove Iron Sights all-together. Because right now, the biggest misconception is the fact that ADS’ing, due to the penalties, must be beneficial to your accuracy. It isn’t. While the player using hip-fire will move faster, be generally harder to track and has a greater view of his surrounding, all the while hitting the same amount of shots without having to perform an extra task that puts you into a vulnerable position.
  • Damage modifier, what’s up with that? Why should my GUN do more damage using Iron Sights than Hip fire, that’s rather ridiculous and no way to address the issue of people simply not wanting/needing to use them. In close combat, by jumping around a corner you’ll often find yourself not having enough time to ADS, resulting in you being forced to hip-fire, it happens every game and that’s fine, but it should still do the same damage regardless. I don’t want to be facing a player that’s ADS’ing and be killed merely because his bullets do more damage all the while I may have had the better aim and more hits landed onto him. If you want hip-fire penalties, look at the spread/recoil pattern, not at the damage modifier.
  • Current Spread and Recoil are weirdly out of sync with the pace and movement of the game. It feels simply unnatural, this may be an added effect of the gun sounds being utterly unreliable, but nevertheless, this all comes back to my initial concern over having iron sights I don’t mind the small knockback, it’s perfectly fine and very easy to control, but the spread itself should not be as random as it is now. Having a gun shoot in various directions while being unable to predict a pattern is unsatisfying and only really distracts from the learning curve of the game.
    Whether or not I hit my shots should be something I can be in control of and not having to rely on the game randomly deciding to be in my favor or not.

Sounds, environment and the already addressed gun sound system:

• Gun sounds are temporary from what I’ve read and are already being worked on, nonetheless the environmental sounds of the game seem nothing but dull, there’s no real footstep sound, the music is utterly annoying and needs an option to disable other than togglemusic 0.
    Grenades, Airstrikes, Artilleries - you name it, just don’t feel as if they have any impact whatsoever, where’s the chaos, where are the explosions? The very distinguishable sounds of various weapons. Airstrikes sound like a party balloon popping. These need to be seriously addressed. A player should be able to identify what gun is being shot or what type of spam is being dropped merely by the sound of it.
  • Hit sounds are unnatural, I love the fact that they’re in the game, but the current sounds for headshots/bodyshots seem flipped around, headshots should be a high pitched satisfying and rewarding sound blip other than just a lousy puff. - Confirmed to be soon fixed/altered by Seanza.
  • Hit markers appear to be independent from hitsounds, often I get hitsounds while not receiving hitmarkers and vice versa, I reckon this is a netcode issue? - Confirmed to be soon fixed/altered by Seanza.

Spawn system, protection and reviving:

• Spawn waves are important, right now it seems as if you’re given a lot of leeway, there’s no real punishment of getting full (ie dying on 20 seconds or 19 seconds of the countdown) as you’re given an option to immediately respawn irregardless.
    Often times I’ll try to delay killing a person to give the player a full spawn, by effectively shutting him down for the entire wave, yet, in order to do so I instead have to wait an additional 5 or more seconds after their countdown passed in order to do so, as they’ll otherwise just use their given feature of immediately respawning anyway. If this is your way of addressing spawnkilling in the game, please don’t. Instead add a shield such as it was in RtCW/ET or even a safe zone.
    There should be a clear reward for having put myself in a vulnerable position by avoiding killing a person or another for an extra few seconds, or merely was smart enough to time my kills properly in a fashion that provides my team with a real benefit.
    Clutch plays in ET/RtCW very often revolve around spawntimes, seeing how we’re playing under Stopwatch and use a very similar spawn method, I don’t see why this couldn’t be designed in the same way.

HUD and other various gameplay affecting visual improvements:

• At any point in time, will we be given access to an official equivalent of Wezelkrozum’s HUD Configurator?
  • Radar/Minimap needs to be re-implemented, as soon as possible. The impact one such has on the game is too immense to be just removed. Anyone can benefit from it, be it casual or competitive player. I don’t know what made you remove it in first place, but as you can see on various other forum topics already, the need and want is there.
  • Can we have a command to remove gunframe/model such as Quake’s equivalent of cg_drawgun 0?
    This is really just a personal thing, I don’t like having my view blocked by a gun model I genuinely don’t care for, it’s distracting, it’s a nuisance and it doesn’t give me any benefit what-so-ever.
    It’s just a fancy graphic-add on if anything. I understand if you don’t want to give players that much of freedom in terms of HUD and config access, but at the same time I don’t see any reasons as to why not.
  • Knockback/Hit register seems to be way off, may be another netcode issue?
    Half the time I’m being shot at I can
    a) not tell which direction from as the game sounds are anything but misleading, a missing radar and no hit indication on the screen whatsoever and
    b) more often than not my client fails to register me being shot at in first place, I’ll drop to 10 or even 20 hp way before I ever even visually get hit on my own screen.
  • Mouse seems¦ off, very floaty/unsmooth feeling to it, as if the game had a static mouse acceleration. This isn’t the case in any other games I currently play, it does appear to be something xT specific, I can’t seem to pinpoint it down, but I’ve seen
    other users complain of the same.
  • On the fly accessible stats is a thing I’m missing, coming from Quake/ET/RtCW this is definitely one of the many things I want to see in this game.
    I genuinely don’t give a rats ass about those after game reports many games seem provide these days. (ie. Battlereports in the BF series, what’s up with that? Pointless to look at, doesn’t provide any useful information at all and inaccessible DURING the game).
    Such as ET’s implementation of /scores, /weaponstats <player ID>, /topshots would be highly favorable.
    Weaponstats and Scores are great, gives me everything I need, accuracy, hits/bullets fired, kills/deaths, damage dealt and received, it’s definitely something I reckon a lot of players wouldn’t mind seeing.
    More importantly, definitely not something I reckon takes a lot of extra coding? Those should be there already, in a sense or another. Keeping track of them or outputting them to file shouldn’t be too difficult of a task.
    People generally love looking at their stats and scores, even if they don’t really resemble the game much, but it adds an extra layer, really.
    And you can always add “Global” or “Lifetime” stats to your community site/user profiles later on if that’s something you guys had in mind. But the reality is, people care more on a “per game basis”, from what I’ve noticed.

Netcode & Antilag.

• I don’t know exactly what the hell is going on, but it feels like any and all issue I have in hit registration on myself or opponents can be all lead back to this. Antilag is way too favouring, I’ve lost count how many times I’ve died, sitting behind cover for way over 2-3 seconds already after having exited a firefight with >50% hp. This seriously needs to be reworked.

Spam, Nades, Gibbing, where’s the challenge?

• One of the biggest and most concerning issues I have with Extraction right now is the utter limitation of grenades and spam. This should NOT be a class specific thing. Grenades are the most natural and essential thing to any FPS game, ever.
    Have you ever played a teambased FPS without any sort of Grenades? No? I haven’t either. Why? Because they’re a requirement, period.
    Limiting an ability to a SPECIFIC Character is no way of handling this. I don’t want to be forced playing a Character just to have grenade accessibility, a Character I don’t even like, a character that’s boring and bad in comparison to every other in the game.
    Why should I be forced to play a Nader, just to have access to the core and very essential item of any FPS game? Having rechargeable or multiple grenades as a character specific thing is perfectly fine, but don’t you dare taking away the accessibility of spam to any other character, this breaks the game entirely and ruins it for competitive play beyond repair.
  • Gibbing, right now is just an utter waste of ammo, there should be no fall-off damage shooting a corpse. Also, I believe headshots shouldn’t affect this.
    you’re left wasting 20 odd bullets trying to gib a person from a distance, this can’t happen. Static damage is needed. Killing a person is one thing, but shooting a corpse on the ground, you expect results one way or another.
    Having to waste half your clip or more on a person merely to gib him, while all hell is crashing down around you seems to be rather sadistic to me. Especially given the utter requirement of gibbing in this game with self-reviving medics.

Client, Server Browser, Lobby:

• I genuinely dislike the current Lobby system, it’s annoying having to run Nexon Launcher then being forced into a fullscreen application, a resource hogging one at that, to merely check if and which servers are populated.
    Personally, I’ve always hated those clients to begin with, be it Origin or Steam or… Nexon Launcher, I understand this is not something we can work around with, but startup parameters for the game would be wonderful, being able to connect to a specific IP, in a gamemode with setting X that allows me to skip past the entire Lobby, Merc Selection and Server browser is definitely welcome.
  • I much preferred the old Alpha launcher, it wasn’t as obnoxious, had the same menus and information but it wouldn’t limit my accessibility of using any other apps currently running on my PC.
    It wasn’t as tedious having to tab out and I could leave it running effortlessly in my background without having to worry the impact it has on my PCs performance. Something along those lines would be more than appreciated.
  • For multiple screen users out there, or people that tend to alt tab a lot in between games, can we look forward to a… more friendly client? Fullscreen borderless window for instance (I don’t see why this shouldn’t be a feature already, just about any game released in the past 5 or so odd years support it) for effortless minimizing that doesn’t potentially punish me for having to “load back” into the game for several seconds, or on weaker rigs for the entire duration of a spawn even.
  • Video Cut scenes, please… don’t. I understand you want to give people an idea and instruction of what the objective is, which is all great, but having to go through that every single time I ready up is utterly annoying. Make this a tutorial based thing, or even a map intro that plays during loading times rather than in the game itself. Anything but what it is right now.
    Not to mention the various bugs associated to it, ie. being able to run whilst the intro plays and having an advantage over someone that isn’t aware of it or has an unfortunate spawn in comparison.

Player and class overview:

• Why is this even a thing?

I recognize this may be an excellent feature for spectators/shoutcasters, but in-game information such as that displayed on my HUD is game breaking. I shouldn’t be able to tell what classes my entire opponent team is playing merely by pressing tab once, it gives away way too much information. It simply doesn’t allow for cheesy, sneaky plays for the attacking team either, one look “oh they have X amount of Y class, they’ll do Z”, there’s no surprise left anymore in the game.
    People sometimes get tricky or desperate when it comes down to trying a multitude of different class and attack setups, knowing what class which specific player is before I’ve even ever seen him alive is… not acceptable. This also adds to the fact that I have icons displaying whether or not they’re alive. Imagine someone trying to sneak for an objective, based on the defending team having played overly aggressive, a very plausible tactic, yet… knowing he’s alive and X class, I know exactly what he’s up to, I don’t even have to pay attention to the kill notifications anymore at this point.
    I look at the top of my screen and see 1 out of 5 players alive. Being able to gather this type of information midst the chaos, and using it to your benefit is something a lot of people have overlooked in all these years I’ve played ET, surely in 3on3 people can count. It’s only 3 people you have to account for, right? No… Surprisingly, people don’t. It’s a huge issue lesser skilled players have and something people LOVE to abuse.
    It’s won a horrendous amount of games in the past and still does merely by abusing the chaos that’s put onto the defending team and sneaking a person through to the objective. Even in high level play, it’s still a valid thing. It should be a clear indicator of skill and game awareness if a person is capable of counting 1 to 5 and paying attention to the killing notification in-game rather than having to take one single glance at the screen and knowing, straight up, how many players are alive, what class they are and what their EXACT spawntime is (why even add a timer at this point? For some it might be hard to count 20sec/25sec/30seconds intervals, but benefits those that do, but really… it isn’t).

The blatant monstrosity of the Stopwatch gametype.

• I don’t know if this is something supposed to be temporary, or if this is done for the beta only, but the stopwatch system in place, right now… Is an abomination.
    A team should NEVER win a map merely by having acquired one more objective than the other. I get that your maps may be too big, or too long lasting, but that’s a design flaw, not a gametype flaw. Look at your map designs if you want to force shorter rounds, especially if you want to avoid double-full hold scenarios.
    Having a team declared winner merely because they got one more side objective than the other, but ultimately would have lost just the same… Seems utterly idiotic to me. They didn’t finish the map, they didn’t set a time, they never completed the PRIMARY objective required to win the game… they merely got one more necessary side objective out of the way that opens the path to, whatever it is we’re here for.
    Again, this is nothing but a map design flaw, if you don’t want your maps to take up to 15 or 20 minutes for a single round, don’t tamper with the gamemode, shorten your objectives.
    Especially given the amount of random factors no one can even account for, many of the defenses in this game, as they do in ET and RtCW are entirely spawntime dependent, if you have a favorable spawn, defending objective X may be a lot easier and quite plausible to fullhold rather than objective Y, and vice versa. Which will very often result in a stage being lost within seconds if not the first 2 minutes of the game, but later stages held at ease. Should the attacking team have won at this point just because they got to build a, not game necessary side objective such as the command post, while we still would have ended up winning the game by holding them from getting to the primary objective and effectively shutting down any and all of their pushes? Hell no.
    Stages should NEVER declare a winner. There’s too much random stuff going on in a game, that is not in the player’s control and is nothing but a roll of the dice. We have multiple stages for a reason, a defense does not get broken up until the point where the attacking team has been declared winner for having completed the ENTIRE map objective.
    I get that this may very well be favorable to public matches, might even be an excellent idea. But it has absolutely no place in Stopwatch and competitive play.

Random Spawns and… Selectable/Captureable spawns.

• I don’t very much like the random spawns, again, it’s something entirely out of the player’s control and it limits your ability to precisely timing pushes from A to B. The “spread” is perfectly fine and I reckon something you intended to avoid spawnkilling, that’s fine, but as of right now the spawn itself seems random.
    It seems as if I’d spawn on a different location, every. single. time. This is not very feasible at all, every inch and second counts and if I get an unfavorable spawn for my attack route, the entire position and stage could be nullified within the first attack. It’s not very predictable for anyone either, I’ll never know how long exactly it is my opponent needs to get from his spawn to whatever it is I’m defending, this could cost me a full spawn, an objective or even the entire map just by him having magically surprised me and having taken a second less than anyone else, ever, by nothing but random chance of having a very lucky and usual spawning spot.

Apart from the above, I’d also very much like to address the Map design again.

• Select-able spawns, multiple spawns should be a thing. It’s not a very friendly concept to master for new players, I guess, but if even Battlefield can get away with it, so can you.
    Right now there’s no real benefit to them given the maps we have access to and that’s alright, but… sooner or later, I’m willing to bet that maybe, at most, only one or two of your original maps will ever be adapted into competitive play because community designed maps are more viable, or faster paced, or better suited, or for whatever else reason.
    It’ll happen and there’s no reason to be delusional about it. Giving those map creators, at the very least, the option to tinker with capture-able spawns, be it in the form of flags, command posts, building some random structure, whatever, can lead to meta changing gameplay - which is exactly what we’re aiming for, right? Keep things interesting, switch around in meta, etc.?
    I don’t see this happening on your type of maps. They’re too forced, nothing else to do other than be forcefully pushed into “DO THIS OBJECTIVE, NOW THIS, NOW THIS, FOLLOW THIS PATTERN. NOTHING ELSE.” Where are the different attack routes, where are the primary objective independent side objectives?
    Or… even now, losing a stage and having been forcefully spawned onto it, by… yet again, random chance and the inability of selecting a spawn could potentially lose you the entire map, merely by having been in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was impossible for you to avoid a full spawn.
    Give us the option for selectable spawns, avoid this. People aware of the map and what’s happening can use this to their advantage and set up a defense or even an attack if the map routes allow for such, on later objectives. It opens a whole new world for map designers and gameplay.
    With that being said, please also do allow for doc grabs and runs. There’s really no reason at all to give those great map designers we’ve had any inaccessibility to features, they’ll make something out of anything. Whether maps will be played or not will still be mostly a community decision, doesn’t mean we have to dismiss it entirely. If they find a way to fit it into the game, why the hell not, it definitely can not harm you, the worst that could happen is that, well… Nothing really, what’s bad about having a huge selection of community created maps? :slight_smile:

Iron sights, slight addition.

• For comparison, two of the most commonly used guns in Extraction and the two most commonly used iron sight attachments in battlefield, you still have the same penalties of ADS’ing but have your vision not quite as drastically flushed down the gutter. I feel quite crippled whenever I force myself to use Iron Sights in this game. Might just be me though, but they take up way too much space of my screen and visually have no benefit - at all.

In-built spectator wallhack?!

• Not a good idea, at all. I’ll just go ahead and assume this is a bug or not intended to be view-able to players and instead Spectators only, but… Regardless please do fix this immediately.

I also want to address spawntimes again.

• What the hell are these spawntimes about? I… Don’t understand them, at all. They genuinely make no sense. We have a “rough” countdown as to when one will respawn, which can be ignored as it very much loves to forgive you 3-4 additional seconds. We have CHANGING spawntimes in relation to objectives and stages and just… completely out of sync waves.
    But the most infuriating part, I believe it was on Waterloo(?) the last stage as defender, according to the timers, I have a 15 second spawntime (will address this in a map balancing issue soon), yet whenever I am physically spawned in the game, it resets to ~9 or 10. Is this intentional? Whatever happened to the last 5 seconds? Also, how the **** do I manage to be dead with a 22 seconds and above timer? I genuinely don’t understand the concept or mechanics behind it.

I’d very much love for one of the devs or anyone with a better understanding of it to elaborate. From my point of view and experience thus far, it’s… utterly and completely random.

Global ability cooldowns:
This can’t be happening, I shouldn’t be able to spawn as Skyhammer, drop a can of airstrike, selfkill/die switch to Arty, drop my… artillery, selfkill/die - again, just to spawn as BBQ and drop a molotov. All the while the cooldowns of each and every ability, whilst being in another character entirely, are counting down and being reset.
A type of such defense is already very hard to deal with, to begin with, but becomes even more unbreakable the second an EV is involved. I agree that multiclassing is a big thing, and I absolutely love it, hell I’d even love to see a greater selection of mercs as opposed to just 3, but the abilities are class specific, and so are their cooldowns.
This should in no way ever be a global thing. ET does it, RtCW does it… Probably ET:QW too (apologies if not). If I throw an airstrike, as a Lieutenant or Field Op, then switch classes, my recharge bar of the LT/FOP stays where it is up until I selected said class again. It does not fill up whilst playing Medic, or Engineer, or even Soldier. This makes the timing more crucial, lessens the possibility of spam and… by all means, gives the attacking team a fighting chance.
Being able to multiclass, properly, in a benefiting and timely manner is a skill, it requires a huge amount of game awareness and timing, you’re essentially taking away from it, I shouldn’t be able to just switch classes at will and EXPECT to have my ability available to me at all times. If I switch a class and use said ability in order to disable an EV or stop an important push, or even spawnkill with. I shouldn’t be rewarded by being able to do it again without the disadvantage of having been “stuck” in that character and waiting for it’s cooldown/charge to reset. If I’m able to switch characters in between, where’s the disadvantage? Where’s the reward for the other team of me having executed a poor airstrike? I can just switch classes to something more benefiting the situation all the while knowing that, whenever I choose to and am required to, my other ability will be accessible to me, despite me just having used it and never having stayed on the merc long enough for it to reset.

Limitation of certain abilities:
I get that you’re trying to avoid any sort of restrictions/limitations by all means, but the design of maps and characters, currently, just doesn’t allow that. Whether it’s a balancing issue or not, I haven’t quite decided yet, but certain abilities are, given the map stages, more advantageous than others, very much so. And having 4 or 5 Airstrikes drop on an EV, every time the cooldown resets is absolutely unbeatable.
Maybe you want to restrict classes to X amount per team, or maybe you just want to add a global restriction of those abilities (such as in the form of ET, for instance, more than 2 Field Ops’ per team is disadvantageous because you’re limited to certain amount of airstrikes/artilleries, anything more and you’ll just have blown your charge with a “too many airstrikes requested” message slamming onto your face, it’s not pretty, it’s frustrating surely, but it’s a necessity). Given the objectives we play for and the multiple stages of maps, and especially time being key, there will always be a certain team composition more stronger than the other, we shouldn’t be able to have 20 mines floating around the map, or 5 artis hammering down an EV, or 5 Naders spamming the only access point. These abilities are brutal given their very low disadvantages, cooldowns and even - in some cases, way stronger base character stats and guns.
It’s a tough one to tackle and I genuinely don’t see any way around it other than team restrictions per specific mercs, or abilities per X period of time, but without those… I genuinely don’t see this game picking up competitively.

I can’t follow that thought process, at all. As previously mentioned, if double full-holds are an issue for you, or having a map played an excessive length, look at the map design. There’s genuinely no need to rewrite the entire Stopwatch franchise just to use it as a cheap “fix” for your bad map design. Isn’t this exactly why Camden (if that was the name?) was removed as additional stage from Trainyard? Stopwatch isn’t at blame for long maps and double fullholds, the map designers are.
I genuinely can’t understand how one would declare a winner based on not having finished the map, we’ve got map objectives, stick to them.
Try this sort of thing in ET and RtCW, you’ll be hanged publicly, tarred and feathered. Right now, in ET; the only thing that decides the winning team, (assuming evenly skilled teams and no other outside factors) is the spawntime. The spawntime has become the bane of every team in ET, players have evolved to the point where nothing else matters in ET. This tiny little timer, that’s entirely out of your control, decides whether or not you’ll have an easy time on the first or second or last stage. Everything is dependent of the spawntime. Sure, there are ways of playing around it, but they aren’t guaranteed to succeed. My point is, double full holds are a thing, don’t shy away from it. It can happen any day, any time, and there’s absolutely no problem with that.
The problem however is, that, eventually in the future, the only deciding factor whether you’ll win a map or not, will be decided by the spawntimer, which you have no control of. Have a good spawntime or even just one of those random ass lucky spawns? You’ll have absolutely no issues getting the objective on the first rush, or vice versa… This shouldn’t declare a winner, we have 15 minutes left to defend the rest of the map, the primary objective, the GAME WINNING, objective. Why the hell would you not want us to give it the best and hardest and have the SAME CHANCE at winning as the team that has defended prior to us.

Oh, yeah, did I mention this is rather unfair towards the other team? If I’m defending and I manage to hold them for the entire round timer. I expect them to be given the exact same change, regardless of tiny stages or side objectives. The round hasn’t ended till the timer hits 0 or the map’s end game objective was completed.[/quote]

(k0k0nat) #2

+1 for your initiative.

Almost everything u write down has been addressed by us since alpha stage :confused:

(Rex) #3

Hey, I haven’t read what you wrote but I agree!

(Snotling) #4

This is why I payed 16€ per month for a newspaper I never read… :frowning:

(Erkin31) #5

Iron Sights: Right now, i find it enough usefull/powerfull. It help to aim to a long distance, it’s enough.

Video Cut scenes, please… don’t. I understand you want to give people an idea and instruction of what the objective is, which is all great, but having to go through that every single time I ready up is utterly annoying. Make this a tutorial based thing, or even a map intro that plays during loading times rather than in the game itself. Anything but what it is right now.

Cut scenes are annoying. We should be, at least, able to pass them by pressing a touch.
You can’t even exit the game during the cut scenes !

• Not a good idea, at all. I’ll just go ahead and assume this is a bug or not intended to be view-able to players and instead Spectators only, but… Regardless please do fix this immediately.

I like the idea. Only some characters under specific conditions can mark an enemy.

(Smooth) #6

I’m slowly making my way through this post but thought I’d answer some points now:

[ul]
[li]Ironsights currently remove all spread and have 70% the recoil of hip-fire – we can tweak these over time if we find that at long-range (20m+) people are still favouring hip-fire[/li][li]We will be introducing red-dot sights and other attachments further down the line – they’ll all have slight benefits and downsides[/li][li]There is no damage modifier when ironsighting, it’s the same as hip-fire and always will be[/li][li]We’re tweaking weapon spread as we go, the next major update should feel better[/li][li]Game audio is currently undergoing an overhaul – we know it’s an issue and we’re working on it[/li][li]Mouse accuracy and input delay is being looked into[/li][li]We wont be displaying information about the enemy in the final scoreboard[/li][li]In stopwatch only primary objectives will count towards winning progress[/li][li]We won’t force a team to fully complete a map however, as it results in too many draws. At the end of the time-limit the team who has progress furthest along the PRIMARY objectives will win[/li][li]Our target time-limit for levels is 15mins and we want them to be won by attackers more often than not – we’re working towards this[/li][li]We’ll be performing a pass on making spawns and travel times more consistent throughout the levels in the near future[/li][li]We’ll also be performing a pass to make spawn times fixed and consistent across the levels[/li][li]When you switch away from a character, their cooldown no-long ticks down. It only ticks down while you are actively playing them or you are dead with them[/li][li]We will not be arbitrarily limiting characters or abilities – where there is an issue we will fix the individual ability/character in question[/li][/ul]

EDIT: Actually that seems to cover most of what I can.

(BomBaKlaK) #7

[QUOTE=Smooth;499578]

[ul]
[li]Our target time-limit for levels is 15mins and we want them to be won by attackers more often than not – we’re working towards this[/li][li]We’ll be performing a pass on making spawns and travel times more consistent throughout the levels in the near future[/li][li]We’ll also be performing a pass to make spawn times fixed and consistent across the levels[/li][/ul]

More to come…[/QUOTE]

Winter is coming

No news about objective design ? yes I hate capture zones !

(Mustang) #8

[QUOTE=Smooth;499578][ul]
[li]Ironsights currently remove all spread and have 70% the recoil of hip-fire – we can tweak these over time if we find that at long-range (20m+) people are still favouring hip-fire[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
Ironsight were meant to be an option, not a requirement, I will probably still keep preferring to use hipfire, even at 20m+, so please don’t balance/nerf hipfire to “require” ironsights, or balance it solely on this.

[QUOTE=Smooth;499578][ul]
[li]Our target time-limit for levels is 15mins and we want them to be won by attackers more often than not – we’re working towards this[/li][/ul][/QUOTE]
So happy to hear this, even if it is a re-iteration (3+ objectives ftw, 2 is so boring).

(Glottis-3D) #9

[QUOTE=Smooth;499578]
[li]We won’t force a team to fully complete a map however, as it results in too many draws. At the end of the time-limit the team who has progress furthest along the PRIMARY objectives will win[/li][/QUOTE]
this is very sad. Because the Obj-win rule is very unexciting.
The Obj-win rule takes a lot of adrenaline from the game. this is worse than draw. because, a draw can be freaking great!
Wrong desision. i hope we’ll come back to this later.

(k0k0nat) #10

[QUOTE=krokodealer;499583]this is very sad. Because the Obj-win rule is very unexciting.
The Obj-win rule takes a lot of adrenaline from the game. this is worse than draw. because, a draw can be freaking great!
Wrong desision. i hope we’ll come back to this later.[/QUOTE]

Jop, for public games this is SO true.
I’d rather have a draw in the end than playing ~2min games without the second stage of the maps.

(Glottis-3D) #11

i’d go even as far as saying, that OBJ-win rule is like a boner waster.

(k0k0nat) #12

Its “okay” for comp. matches. But for public games it is just like said. :slight_smile:

(Smooth) #13

Objectives are also being updated so they behave consistently throughout the maps. We’ll also be reducing objective types where there are multiple types that behave too similarly.

(BomBaKlaK) #14

That’s still mean capture zones ? I hate this so much !! we are not playing domination mode …

And absolutely this !! No more COD or BF like !

(Smooth) #15

Ironsighting will still be a choice, but since hip-fire has such obvious benefits at close range, we want ironsights to have benefits at long range.

(BomBaKlaK) #16

Long range only is OK for me, at medium range it needs to be a choice, not a requirement.

(onYn) #17

Good post, nice level of detail, and good examples! And even tho I haven´t read all of it, every point I have read makes a lot of sense.

I would actually like to know, if SD wants to stick with the London theme if it comes to map design so stricty? I think that´s one of the reasons for the current map dilemma.

(Glottis-3D) #18

214 gold to fubar.

(Glottis-3D) #19
  1. How about faster hack speed for Snipers? like Build/defuse for Engies?
  2. and realy. how about getting rid of unnessesary capture zones? if its hack its i-pod action, if its build its time for pliers!

(Protekt1) #20

I’ve grown to like how medics and healing works in the game atm.

I think the game handles too much client side giving laggers an advantage and this is actually a potentially big issue for esports/competitive potential imo. I am guessing it isn’t 100% client side though, so it may not be as problematic as presumed.