Permanent crash on game launch

(Ashog) #1

Weird crashes started today for me for no obvious reason. After trying to launch the game either with direct shortcut or from nexon launcher (which seems itself to work fine), the xigncode seems to startup ok, the game tries to launch and as soon as the first in-game (brown?) screen blinks (with loading circled cursor), the game crashes with nexon launcher asking to submit crash report (which I did twice).

The crash log contains all the normal stuff just until this point in the end:

[0031.00] DevFireline: [Fireline] LoginState: retrieving_profile
[0031.00] ScriptLog: [PROFILE] - LoadProfile
[0031.18] Log: === Critical error: ===
Fatal error!

Address = 0x7350ae7a (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_50934f2ebcb7eb57\MSVCR90.dll]
Address = 0x4aaee0   (filename not found) [in D:\extraction\appdata\Binaries\Win32\ShooterGame-Win32-Shipping.exe]

Seems like smth happens obviously during the profile data retrieval (from nexon?).

Can’t play anymore. Any ideas?

(Nail) #2

:oppressor:

aliens

(Ashog) #3

yeah, and out of all of the freaks here they chose me to sabotage?

(BomBaKlaK) #4

[video=youtube_share;z5rRZdiu1UE]http://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE[/video]

(Ashog) #5

They won’t get rid of me so easily, whoever they are :slight_smile:

I will overfill the harddrives wiz ma powerful crash reports!

(Ashog) #6

Disabled firewall and antivirus:

Nexon Launcher reinstallation didn’t help.

Checked gamedata using launcher checking tool - didn’t help.

The last thing to try is to reinstall the game (which I don’t want) but probably it won’t help since the data checking din’t help too…

(Scarhand) #7

Sometimes restarting my computer fixes this for me

(Ashog) #8

Nope, doesn’t help. Found another guy in Nexon forums who has this.

It seems that it started happening after Nexon Launcher updated itself recently.

(Toomic) #9

Ashog if you can upload the whole launch.log and a .dmp file then I can take a look at the crash.

(Ashog) #10

Nice, see pm.

Thanks a lot for trying!

You deserved double-MVP today! :slight_smile:

(Ashog) #11

Well, nothing seems to help, now there’s more people like me on Nexon forums :frowning:

And another bunch of players can’t join any server from the server browser.

I wonder if Nexon is doing anything about this. Because they don’t respond to the posts and you only get an automatic reply to tickets. Then the ticket is auto-closed.

(Scarhand) #12

Wait, you can get on the Nexon forums? It still gives that server error to me

(Ashog) #13

The only fix to being unable to launch the game so far is to use another key. It is not a problem of a PC or installation but rather a problem somewhere at Nexon’s.

Thanks to Toomic for clearing this up :wink:

I think the servers were down today for some time, but maybe I’m wrong.
Also, there is a glitch somehwere at Nexon’s that causes it’s website to lose your pw or something so you can’t log into their website anymoar. This is a different probably independent glitch and is fixed, as Mustang wrote, by telling the Nexon’s page that you forgot the pw and it will reset it and sent a reactivation email to you. This actually happened at least 2 times to me within last couple of days. Resetting the pw and being able to log into their website again however doesn’t fix the problem with launching the game (auth prob).

(V-Roll) #14

I up this thread , i having the same issue crashing on the game lunching

Fresh windows ( Win 7 64 )

So do i need to ask a new key to nexon ?

(Ashog) #15

Yeah, i’d say so.