The Current Spread.

(potty200) #1

Now, I know many of you will be like “oh here we go again” But this is something that I feel very strong about right now in this game. Infact, many others share my views and it would be nice to get statistics via this poll I am throwing up.

After testing more modern patches over the last 2 weeks. I have found it increasingly agonising that I am aiming at the torso/Chest and I am hitting the legs or not hitting at all. I know that CS:GO has much greater spread and the game is probably the most successful FPS of the modern day. However, each gun has it’s own spread pattern so you can determine where to aim. I feel that requires both skill and knowledge but doesn’t give new players a chance against someone with experience. I think if you are aiming at a certain area you should be hitting that certain area. Not to the left right down… whatever it might be.

I think for me lowering the MAX spread would have to happen across the board. Everything seems way too inaccurate right now. I spoke to a few friends who have just started and when they first started playing they found it fine. Over the last few days it has become increasingly annoying for them as well.

So have your say, be constructive about it. Let us discuss why you are for or against it. Thanks!

(Glottis-3D) #2

“long range” fights are only viable with IronSight.

and this long range is not very large. it is like mid-range in ET. where you had to literaly dot-aim enemy models.

this leads to situation, and i said this before - i have to use IS, but i dont want to - since i still see enemy model and it is NOT so small (this was the reason to use IS in ETQW or zoom in ET - enemy was too small). If i dont use IS i waste my whole clip. my whole clip. more like my hole clip =)

++and i stated this before. i would love to see a more natural spread-distribution (more weight for center shots). Like Gaussian distribution. or any simple analog.

(Mustang) #3

I voted for tighter spread.

But let me be clear, I’d rather have the current situation of slightly higher that desire spread than the alternative of spread that doesn’t average around the crosshair (CSGO style).

(MrFunkyFunk) #4

Tighter spread with lower rof. Headhunters & trackers should be rewarded.

(RasteRayzeR) #5

I stopped counting the times we have been asking for this. But again, yes, it would be better.

(Kl3ppy) #6

I voted for more or less ok. Imo the spread isnt the issue, it’s the mouse input and the bad performance. Maybe the hit detection is also an issue. Instead of playing around with spread values, leave it as it is and wait for the improvements SD is talking since a couple of months.

(stealth6) #7

I agree with this.

(Loffy) #8

I concur.

:stroggtapir:

(FireWorks) #9

tbh i dont care much about the spread anymore. For me the problem is the too high damage multiplier of 2.5 which makes this a lottery in some firefights. Tracking is less rewarded that way. Instead you get killed by the weapon with less spread no matter what.

(PixelTwitch) #10

I voted for “more or less” simply because I feel that this is as much a weapon balance/variation issue as it is simply SPREAD.

Skyhammers AR, Phoenix SMG, Bushwacker SMG, Thunders LMG, Kiras AR and Naders AR all seem to have (IMHO) great spread and I feel decreasing it any more would be to the detriment of the game… Especially if you was to put the more powerful ARs in the same boat and reduce the spread.

Whilst I totally agree that balance should be a achieved with RATE OF FIRE vs DAMAGE via SPREAD I think it would end up inevitably making all weapons feel nearly identical…

Just my thoughts…

(bare in mind that I am making a blind assumption that spread will be decreased with the use of ATTACHMENTS and the Spread bug currently in the game will be fixed.)

(Bitey) #11

Honestly I think the spreads are exactly as they should be. The weapons are precise and easy to control as long as you moderate your firerate, and the option to utilize Ironsight to mitigate any spread is still in a well balanced state. More importantly I think it’s important to add more weapons that have the characteristics that you guys are requesting.

High accuracy low damage fast ROF

Or

High accuracy high damage low ROF

I personally think alot of people just haven’t configured their game properly if people still believe the engine isn’t precise. I also think that those who keep complaining about this games mouse delay, need to go try other modern shooters like Titanfall, crysis franchise, Loadout, or some newer shooters by other developers besides Valve. If you’re having trouble aiming or controlling the weapons, I encourage to experimenting with your firerate or pull up the handy ironsights.

@Complaints of system responsiveness

Have a look at my config:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1990582/Bitey%27s%20Photos/ShooterEngine.ini

ALSO! don’t forget to use Rawinputupdatetest true every map you join!!!

(PixelTwitch) #12

[QUOTE=Bitey;498943]Honestly I think the spreads are exactly as they should be. The weapons are precise and easy to control as long as you moderate your firerate, and the option to utilize Ironsight to mitigate any spread is still in a well balanced state. More importantly I think it’s important to add more weapons that have the characteristics that you guys are requesting.

High accuracy low damage fast ROF

Or

High accuracy high damage low ROF

I personally think alot of people just haven’t configured their game properly if people still believe the engine isn’t precise. I also think that those who keep complaining about this games mouse delay, need to go try other modern shooters like Titanfall, crysis franchise, Loadout, or some newer shooters by other developers besides Valve. If you’re having trouble aiming or controlling the weapons, I encourage to experimenting with your firerate or pull up the handy ironsights.

@Complaints of system responsiveness

Have a look at my config:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1990582/Bitey%27s%20Photos/ShooterEngine.ini

ALSO! don’t forget to use Rawinputupdatetest true every map you join!!![/QUOTE]

Actually the issue with unreals mouse control is 2 fold…
1, Latency
2, Rounding issues caused by converting a float into an integer then back again during the process of applying mouse movement

I agree with Titanfall and Crysis due to the delay mainly (still more accurate if you can deal with the horrible delay that I cannot) but games like loadout, quake, ut2004 all Valve fps and even CoD and Battlefield have much better mouse control than SD currently does.

Just want to also point out (and no I am not taking the piss) I felt that NS had pretty unstable mouse movement. However, I never looked into the reasons why so I really could not tell you… Also I only played it when it was around the same stage of development as DB currently is so could not tell you if its improved :).

Overall mate, I agree with what you say about current spread and what we want to see.

(Protekt1) #13

Bringing up that mouse delay… still experiencing it. I also find it highly difficult to get my mouse sensitivity down. Dunno why, I shouldn’t have this problem though.

Also the game still needs heavy optimization. Some parts of maps just chug when I don’t see why. Like oddly that elbow hallway on victoria just drops framerate I noticed yesterday.

(PixelTwitch) #14

The next big patch will contain the first round of optimisations :slight_smile:

(Protekt1) #15

I hope so, it has been quite a long time since their last optimization patch.

(Loffy) #16

I don’t understand how that can cause any technical problems. :wink:

OT: Lot’s of good arguments for and against reduced spread here.

(INF3RN0) #17

I’m not nearly consistent enough at ye ole aim game atm, but still am pretty satisfied by the hit feedback and accuracy stats I’m getting. I think most of it comes down to people refusing to use the IS in situations where you really should be.

(spookify) #18

Spread is fine… The time for max spread and how spread is increase needs to be tweaked…

(spookify) #19

SD said they only really want use to use IS at around 20 meters… That is a long way away… When they say oh yeah the game is made for IS at 10 meter I will be like humm then…

(AsKo_) #20

why not give it a try with low spread.
maybe only on one serv for the start if thats even possible.
cant really judge till you have the comparison tbh eventhough i think it would help the game and the reward for aiming nice and not just getting some lucky shots