F2p

(Sharonm) #1

Hello Guys!

This game is dying because have a little player population.
Let us help this game!

Is there any chance to see this game F2P?
What do you think about make this game F2P?

(Erkin31) #2

QuakeWars is owned by Activision, not SplashDamage.

(Khamul) #3

5 years too late. :penguin:

(Runeforce) #4

F2P, no. Free of cost, yes!

Or we could just pirate it (and play on LAN, via VPN) since neither Bethesda nor LackOfVision wants to acknowledge ownership of the game.

(Snotling) #5

This.

Love Baluli.

(acekiller345) #6

[QUOTE=Runeforce;498695]F2P, no. Free of cost, yes!

Or we could just pirate it (and play on LAN, via VPN) since neither Bethesda nor LackOfVision wants to acknowledge ownership of the game.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should have everyone torrent it and post here/on Activisions site to see what company forces the posts to be removed.

(Rex) #7

[QUOTE=Sharonm;498677]This game is dying because have a little player population.
Let us help this game![/QUOTE]

n1 troll…

(CaliberWorkz) #8

Downloading ETQW via Torrent is easy… the thing is… you need a key to play online.

(Runeforce) #9

But you don’t need a key to play on LAN. A couple of years ago when the authentication servers was down, and nobody could play the game for weeks, OmeletDuFromage created a VPN, which all TAW members joined and we kept playing the game on LAN.

All it would take to make ETQW “free” for all, is some community management. At least this strategy is more viable than getting the publisher (who will not even acknowledge ownership*) to release it as F2P (which would ruin it anyway. Could you imagine: “First 5 proxy mines for free. Want 10 more? Only $1!”)

• When the infrastructure was down Oldwolf was phoning both Bethesda and Activision (and their parent companies.) Both of them were insisting that the other company owned the game (i.e. “Not our problem!”)

(acekiller345) #10

[QUOTE=Runeforce;499148]But you don’t need a key to play on LAN. A couple of years ago when the authentication servers was down, and nobody could play the game for weeks, OmeletDuFromage created a VPN, which all TAW members joined and we kept playing the game on LAN.

All it would take to make ETQW “free” for all, is some community management. At least this strategy is more viable than getting the publisher (who will not even acknowledge ownership*) to release it as F2P (which would ruin it anyway. Could you imagine: “First 5 proxy mines for free. Want 10 more? Only $1!”)

• When the infrastructure was down Oldwolf was phoning both Bethesda and Activision (and their parent companies.) Both of them were insisting that the other company owned the game (i.e. “Not our problem!”)[/QUOTE]

You want more rockets to TK people? $4.99 for unlimited, fast reload rocket launchers!

(TEDqw) #11

And who owns free qw in Korea?

(badman) #12

[QUOTE=TEDqw;500182]And who owns free qw in Korea?

That’s Activision and Dragonfly (the developers/operators).

(TEDqw) #13

So we have only one choice! Move to Korea :smiley:

(cloudhalo) #14

dont do it, they will ban you, trust me.

(cloudhalo) #15

Dont do it, they will ban you from the forums, trust me. It pisses me off that they read the forum and take action to ban for such things, but they dont respond or answer questions on supporting etqw.

(.Chris.) #16

Because one is breaking the forum rules and the other has been commented on many times in the past…

(edxot) #17

the game needs an efective anti-cheat mechanism before going free to play.
otherwise cheaters wont have any problem in coming back over and over again.

(Breo) #18

They can’t just turn this game into F2P because it’s not made for it. First the game need to be restored to the original state which means an official web/stats/forum page. And a lot of other things need to be done like known bugfixes, update AC and probably a monetization system to keep it running.

At the current state there’s no chance to make it F2P without putting much effort in it.

#offtopic
Check the Doom 4 teaser I spotted some similarities with QW even the voiceover sound like the intro from QW :oppressor:

[video=youtube_share;cYjR5UzhcZA]http://youtu.be/cYjR5UzhcZA[/video]

(Rex) #19

[QUOTE=edxot;501481]the game needs an efective anti-cheat mechanism before going free to play.
otherwise cheaters wont have any problem in coming back over and over again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, even CoD is a joke compared to the cheater infested Quake Wars… Millions of cheaters everywhere!

(CaliberWorkz) #20

Seems like edxot haven’t played WarRock. :slight_smile: